About this project
The video below is Tox from Critshappen.com talking about our flagship product, "Darkraven Fantasy Soundscapes" which "Vivat Imperium" is an expansion for.
For the sturdy of heart, this backer level gets 15 new locations in the Imperial City and 5 alternate tracks for more realism to help you bring your adventures to life. Tracks are 15 minutes long to avoid repetitive patterns and increase immersion. Delivered as 320kbps MP3s via digital download.
STANDARD LEVEL NEW TRACKS:
1) Imperial Army Troll Trainer - The army requires creatures of all shapes and sizes to effectively carry out its role as protector of the Empire. On most days in one of the city's smaller colusseums, the trainers can be found training the new recruits to replace losses from last season's campaigns.
2) The Day of the Great Joust (vanilla) - The nobles of the Empire have come from far and wide to participate in the greatest joust tournament on the continent. You will witness jousting and melee events as part of the audience as powerful men compete for the attention of the most beautiful women in the land and vise versa.
3) Deep In the Empire of the Dead (vanilla - w/activity) - The adventurers find themselves underway in one of the many endless and twisting catacombs and quarries which underlie the vast and ancient city and may stretch for over 20 leagues all in all, with the skeletons of tens of thousands of dead buried over the centuries. Only a string will guide their way back to civilisation and the light of day again. If nothing cuts it. As they move deeper and deeper, noises are heard in the distance and their breath is taken away.
4) Battle With the Undead in a Crypt With Objects (small party w swords, spears, armour - no magic) - After stumbling upon and forcing their way into a seemingly forgotten tomb filled with artifacts and riches, the adventurers find themselves in the fight of their lives with a lich and its undead minions.
5) The Emperor's Mead Hall Event (vanilla) - The Emperor hosts his most powerful political allies from around the Empire and beyond in regular events in his mead hall where music and food of all kinds can be found and generous gifts of gold are offered in exchange for fealty. This is where brute force meets stunning beauty as the most fabulous women of the Empire are gathered to make things happen with potential allies still sitting on the fence.
6) Quiet Inn (summer - vanilla) - Not all Inns are packed with guests. Here the adventures working to keep a low profile find a quiet accommodation on one of the lesser travelled streets in the city.
7) The Bells Peal (vanilla) - Every Saturday at noon, the bells of the city ring in unison to celebrate the Emperor and his greatness.
8) The Guild Quarter - In this quarter of the city, adventurers can find just about any kind of tool or weapon of war they are looking for. Iron smiths hammering away, the ubiquitous sound of the iron age heard in every corner of every city of the continent, are heard in force here as endless supplies for war are churned out. Some of the city's water mills can be heard here, harnessing the power of a flowing stream to drive production of flower and other goods.
9) The Great Fountain (vanilla) - Adventurers come across the city's greatest fountain which is also a monument to one of its many deities which are worshipped in the eastern parts of the Empire.
10) Market - Regular (vanilla) - Markets are regularly set up throughout the city to bring tradesmen and farmers together with eager customers. This market is a rather typical one and on any day, several of them will be open in the city.
11) Wood Workers At A Construction Site (vanilla) - The adventurers stop to do some business near the site of the construction of a new Inn.
12) On Top of the World (vanilla) - The view from the highest towers in the city stretches for leagues in every direction. Below, the sounds of the city can be heard, including -- as always -- the endless hammer of the iron smiths perfecting their world class swords. The sound of the waving imperial flag dominates the soundscape.
13) The Money Lenders (vanilla) - The Imperial City hosts some of the most powerful money lenders in all of the Empire. Those in need of cash, insurance, or who wish to deposit funds which can be collected again in other cities of the Empire with the presentation of a certificate can be accomplished here in the well guarded financial heart of the Empire.
14) The Festival of the Harvest (vanilla) - Twice a year the city turns into a festival of debauchery. Every kind of ale imaginable are consumed by the barrel and the rich host their family's allies in a week long festival which is anchored with entertainment of every kind throughout the city and its dependencies throughout the lands.
16) Generic City-Scape (vanilla) (for those times when there is no one particular location) - While the Imperial City is host to one of the most diverse array of services, industries and events in the Empire, there are still some corners where it seems high civilisation has not penetrated.
STANDARD LEVEL ALTERNATE TRACKS*:
A1) Mead Hall Vanilla (a few people eating)
A2) Battle With the Undead in an Empty Crypt (small party w swords, spears, armour - no magic)
A3) Quiet Inn (winter – drafty w fire)
A4) Quiet Inn (stormy weather)
A5) Trading at a market with rain
*Alternate track titles and themes may be changed, but the number will remain the same.
In addition to EVERYTHING that is listed as part of the standard package above (including the alternates listed), those backing the GOLD package also get the additional fifteen new environment tracks and twenty alternate tracks listed below. That's a total of 30 new environments plus 26 alternate tracks for 14 hours of new Darkraven sound to bring your adventures and games in the city to life. Delivered as 320kbps MP3s via digital download.
GOLD LEVEL NEW TRACKS:
16) For Crimes Against His Majesty (executions - vanilla) - on the first Saturday of most months, there can be any number of executions in the main square of the Imperial City. Those unfortunate enough to find themselves the subject of the Emperor's ire can expect to have their spines broken with an invention of the Tinkerer, and then rapidly beheaded -- if lucky. For those not so lucky... well...
Scene 1) Two Arch Rivals Duel in the Imperial Mead Hall (vanilla) - The Emperor can not always keep the peace between all of his subjects. And after a final insult, two of them have decided that there is no other way to settle their differences than with a one-on-one duel in the mead hall. Note: This soundscape is a "scene", which is a short story not meant to be looped. It is about 90 seconds long and does not count towards the number of tracks at this level. Consider it a BONUS that we are throwing in for FREE.
17) Melee In the Street (vanilla) - The adventurers find themselves set upon by a local gang of thugs. The criminals soon find out they are outmatched by the skilled travellers. (Perfect for most outdoor melee situations with small parties. Sounds include two sword fights and two fights with quarterstaffs. Eight combatants in all. Most (but not all) combatants are wearing armor).
18) In The Sorcerer’s Den (with transformation) - The Great Wizard of the Imperial Army heads the continent's largest school of military thaumaturgy. Suitably skilled adventurers may be approached by agents of a rival state to enter his abode and steal secret spells and tomes. However, when doing so, they may stumble upon the Wizard's greatest secret.
19) Slave Market Trading at the Great Imperial Docks (vanilla) - The Empire has long used the captured soldiers and citizens of its enemies to prop up its economy. At the great docks along the river which is the great artery of the Empire, on three days of the week, adventurers will find a slave auction in which merchants and opportunists peddle their unfortunate human wares.
20) The Inn of the White Dragon (Busy - Vanilla) - Situated on the city's main skuare where the executions often take place, this inn is currently the most popular place to stay for those visiting the city from around the Empire. But here you can find a broad sample of the people from every corner of the Empire -- except for the wealthier lot, who tend to stay elsehwere.
21) Horse and Carriage Ride In The City (vanilla) (goes past sounds and locations in city) - The city's elite often go about their business in custom crafted carriages which display their wealth. The adventurers have befriended one wealthy business man who wants them to enter the catacombs to retrieve a long-lost treasure, but he will only discuss it in the carriage where he knows they can't be listened to.
22) The Tinkerer’s Square (vanilla) - In one corner of town, lives an exceptionally talented thinker and engineer. His mind abounds with new concepts for moving war machines and the life. Among his many inventions are a self playing musical clock which draws some attention from natives and visitors.
23) The Imperial Armoury (vanilla) - The adventurers find themselves on a kwest for some of the finest blades in the land. For an army the size of the Empire's, an entire quarter is kept churning out its weapons and armour to replace losses and old equipment. This part of the city features countless blacksmiths, several water powered mills, and at the time of the recording, catapults were being tested nearby.
24) The Water Mill Inside (vanilla) - The adventurers are pointed to a local water mill, which may be haunted after a child was murdered inside. The apparition can appear with no warning at all -- often in broad day light. However, cats appear to be especially sensitive to its poltergeist like manifestations and may provide some sort of advanced signal as to the intrusion.
25) Inside the Witch’s Hut in the Woods (vanilla) - For some of their answers, the adventures are pointed to a witch who is also known as a powerful soothsayer. The journey to the hut in the middle of a swamp which has not been drained is a day by horse. Upon entering the abode, senses are overwhelmed with intense and sounds of every kind flooding in through the windows. They are about to have an uncomfortable encounter with one of their possible futures.
26) In A House In The City
27) Festival of Wizards (vanilla)
28) An Angry Mob Gathers at the City Hall (vanilla)
29) Festival of the Entertainers (vanilla)
30) TO BE DECIDED (The Beer Maker)
31) TO BE DECIDED (A Melee on the Streets) - This will be a small melee between a party of adventurers and a basically armed opponent, like a band of thieves, thugs, or city guards. The alternate will feature magic use.
32) At the Orthern Bridge - The Imperial City, has a handful of streams running through it to the great river she sits on. One bridge is a famous meeting point.
GOLD LEVEL ALTERNATE TRACKS*:
A6) For Crimes Against His Majesty – Execution (with rain – fewer people)
A7) In The Sorcerer’s Den (the sorcerer’s secret)(transformation)
A8) Slave Trading at the Great Imperial Docks (with rain)
A9) The Inn of the White Dragon (busy – winter – drafty w fire)
A10) The Inn of the White Dragon (busy – with rain and stormy weather)
A11) Regular Horse and Carriage Ride (goes past sounds and locations)
A12) Horse and Carriage Ride Arrives at the City (goes past sounds and arrives in city sounds)
A13) The Tinkerer’s Square (with rain - fewer people)
A14) The Imperial Armoury (with rain - fewer people)
A15) The Water Mill (inside in storm)
A16) The Water Mill (outside)
A17) The Water Mill (outside in the rain)
A18) Mead Hall Vanilla (almost empty)
A19) Mead Hall in the Winter (with draft)
A20) Mead Hall (with rain and storm)
A21) The Guild Quarter (with rain)
A22) Generic City Scape (with rain)
A23) The Great Fountain (with rain)
A24) 2 in the morning (with rain)
A25) Deep In the Catacombs (no activity)
*Alternate track titles and themes may be changed, but the number will remain the same.
With the platinum product you go on campaign with the Imperial Army with the IMPERIAL BATTLE PACK. You suffer the siege and the breach of the walls. By both human enemies and by enemies which host trolls and other beasts. You are there as the Empire prepares for war. You are there as your Imperial forces surround and reduce enemy cities and fortifications. You are in the Great Wizard's tent as he goes on campaign to support the army with his powerful magic. Alternate tracks provide you with many of the situations in the rain and/or with beasts. It's the ultimate add-on for this ultimate product which will be the final word in audio to bring your adventures in the city to life.
At this ULTIMATE level you not only get all of the tracks listed above in the standard and gold products, but you also get 10 more new environments and 19 alternate tracks in the IMPERIAL BATTLE PACK. That is a total of 40 new environments PLUS 46 alternate tracks with 21 hours of sound. AND AS A FREE BONUS, at this platinum level, for those who missed it we are also including the 8 tracks from our original Darkraven Fantasy Soundscapes city pack as listed below. All told, at the platinum level, that is an insane 48 environments with 46 alternates (94 TRACKS!) with 23 HOURS OF SOUND.
PLATINUM LEVEL NEW TRACKS:
33) The Melee Grounds (vanilla)
34) The Imperial Army's Sorcerer's Seminars and Training (vanilla)
35) The Emperor’s Army Prepares for War (vanilla)
36) Imperial Army on the March (vanilla)
37) The Imperial Army's Encampment at Night (vanilla) - The army is on the march, but takes a much needed rest. You will hear some exotic sounds here, including music from its army of loyal horsemen from the steppes.
38) In the Great Wizard's Tent (vanilla) - The army depends on its brute strength, but also employs a small battalion of wizards, headed by the Great Wizard of Bar who travels with the army on campaign. This is his tent. Step inside.
39) The Grand Hetman's Tent (vanilla) -
40) The Builders Prepare for a Siege (vanilla) -
41) The Enemy Army Arrives (vanilla) -
41) Waiting for the Hammer to Fall (vanilla) - The Imperial City awaits the assault by the enemy legions which have spent weeks reducing the walls and defences preparing for the attack. The city's catapults direct fire at the enemy catapults which are slowly demolishing the city walls for the coming assault. The situation inside the city is already desperate for the civilians.
42) The Walls Are Breached (vanilla) - The armies of the Warg King breach the city walls and forces are rushed to plug the gap as massacre, pillage and rape ensue. It is the first time in 500 years an enemy has stepped foot inside the city. In the audio you hear warg warriors, trolls, large monsters, screaming women, fires raging and siege engines doing what the do best -- meeting out damage to ancient buildings. An alternate track will remove the monsters.
43) The Imperial Army Besieges an Enemy City/Fortress
44) Two Great Armies Faceoff - The Imperial army and the army of the Warg-King face off across the battlefield which will determine their fates. The Empire's top sorcerers prepare their spells with their giant cauldrons and the imperial trolls chomp at the bit to go into action. All hell is about to break loose.
45) The Great Test of Arms (vanilla - massive battle w-trolls and beasts w-magic) - The Empire pits itself against the army of the Warg King. You are there on the battlefield as units of trolls, warg riders, imperial infantry, and wizards clash in a test of arms which will decide the fate of the continent.
46) The Celebration of a Great Victory - The Empire has won the most important battle of the last 1000 years in a struggle against the massive host of the Warg-King. The army and generals have returned to the Imperial capital for this celebration of the century.
PLATINUM LEVEL ONE-OFFS
Normally, Darkraven produces 15 minute soundscapes designed to play in loops in the background. However, we have been experimenting with one-offs and must say we are happy to keep developing them. Here is what you can expect as a PLATINUM backer:
OO1) A wizard casts a small spell
OO2) A wizard casts a medium spell
OO3) A wizard casts a spell which crushes 5-10 opponents instantly
OO4) A wizard of the Imperial Siege train casts a spell which devastates part of a building
OO5) A potion explodes as the wizard is preparing it
OO6) A drawbridge comes down and a heavy gate opens
OO7) The door to a crypt is opened
OO8) A scary event happens in the street and people flee
OO9) A troll is killed with an arrow
OO10) TO BE DECIDED
PLATINUM LEVEL BONUS TRACKS:
For those who missed our Fantasy Soundscapes package, at this level, FOR FREE, we throw in the eight imperial city tracks from that package to boost your total to 48 original locations and 92 tracks total (that's a massive 23 hours of audio from everywhere in, under and around your standard imperial city). Take a listen to the cool samples we have provided for you. (we want to note that these tracks do NOT count toward the "New Track Totals" we have mentioned everywhere on this page - these are provided purely as a FREE BONUS to those who back us at this level who do not yet have Darkraven Fantasy Soundscapes).
FSIC1) The Great Imperial Bazaar - The Great Imperial Bazaar is held once a year, and merchants and people flood in from all over the Empire to behold its wealth and make a quick gold piece. Everything that can be imagined can be had here. Exotic animals, magic potions (real and conterfeit -- there is no imperial standard yet), ingredients for spells of all kinds. And of course, slaves.
FSIC2) Construction Site of the Imperial Hall
FSIC3) Catacombs of the Imperial City - When combined with the tracks in the new Vivat Imperium product, this is the third track which sets the mood as your adventurers make their way into the Empire of the Dead.
FSIC4) Inn of the Broken Eagle (indoors) - The Inn of the Broken Eagle is a well frequented locale where a room can be had for a reasonable rate. The food is serviceable. And the people are lovey.
FSIC5) Inn of the Broken Eagle (outdoors) - On any given day of the spring, summer, and fall the citizens of the Imperial City can be found gathering around their favourite watering holes in the city, including the Inn of the Broken Eagle. Fair warning: watchout for drunks, diseased ladies of the night and pick-pockets.
FSIC6) Jail of the Imperial City (indoors)
FSIC7) Sewers of the Imperial City - The catacombs aren't the only underground structures that go on and on for leagues. The entire city has a sturdily built sewage and drain system which has tunnels that are in places ten feet wide. Step inside, but plug your nose to avoid the smell. And don't look down.
FSIC8) Stables of the Imperial City
PLATINUM LEVEL ALTERNATE TRACKS*:
GOLD BACKERS ALSO GET THE FOLLOWING ALTERNATE TRACKS, WHICH ARE VARIATIONS ON THE ONES PRESENTED ABOVE FOR YOUR GAMING REALISM, BOOSTING YOUR TOTAL TO A MASSIVE 60 TRACKS WITH 15 HOURS OF FANTASY CITY SOUND!!!! Do you need more fantasy city sound? Go see your shrink!!!! Many are minor variations. But some are rather extensive variations. For instance: "The Walls Are Breached (with monsters)", of which there is a sample below.
A26) Inside the Soothsayer’s Hut in the Woods (with rain)
A27) Inside a House In the City (with rain)
A28) An Angry Mob Gathers at the City Hall (with rain)
A29) An Angry Mob Gathers at the City Hall (with lightening and rain)
A30) TO BE DECIDED
A31) Adventurers in the Empire of the Dead approach the door to a crypt, force it open, and all hell breaks loose.
A32) Imperial Army on the March (with rain)
A33) Imperial Army On The March (with beasts)
A34) Imperial Army on the March (with beasts with rain)
A35) The Walls Are Breached (rain)
A36) The Walls Are Breached (monsters)
A37) The Walls Are Breached (monsters and Rain)
A38) The Great Test of Arms (with rain)
A39) The Great Test of Arms (battle with monsters)
A40) The Great Test of Arms (battle with monsters and rain)
A41) The Imperial Army Encampment (night - with rain)
A42) The Imperial Army Encampment (day)
A43) The Imperial Army Encampment (day - with rain)
A44) The Great Wizard's Tent (night with rain)
A45) The Great Wizard's Tent (day)
A46) The Great Wizard's Tent (day with rain)
A47) Waiting for the Hammer to Fall (with rain)
A48) The City Prepares for a Siege (rain)
A49) The Imperial Army Besieges an Enemy City/Fortress (with rain)
A50) The Emperor’s Army Prepares for War (with rain)
A51) Festival of Wizards (with rain)
A52) The Grand Hetman's Tent (with rain)
A53) TO BE DECIDED
A54) TO BE DECIDED
A55) TO BE DECIDED
A56) TO BE DECIDED
A57) TO BE DECIDED
A58) TO BE DECIDED
A59) TO BE DECIDED
A60) TO BE DECIDED
*Alternate track titles and themes may be changed, but the number will remain the same.
Here is just a COOL video about the evolution of knight's armour in the Middle Ages. It's definitely worth a watch if you are a table top fantasy gamer. Other than being a cool video about armour, it has nothing to do with our project. :)
Darkraven's "Vivat Imperium" Imperial Hetman of the Marches backer level drops a megaton of table top gaming sound on you to blow your friends away with. There is so much audio to bring your games to life, there wasn't room to describe it above.
With Vivat Imperium, there are over 92 HOURS of sound here on 419+ tracks! Unbelievable! If digital information weighed something, it would displace as much water as a fully loaded 50,000 ton pocket battleship. The products you will get for the low price of $339 are:
1. Vivat Imperium - You get the FULL platinum Vivat Imperium package with 26+ hours of audio and 116+ tracks.
2. Darkraven Fantasy Soundscapes - Colossus Edition. This is what started it all back in 2013. 17+ hours on 70 tracks (samples at our website). This monstrous product includes "chapters" from dungeons, cities, frozen lands, wind torn highlands, feudal lands, and our favourite, "Forest of the Necromancer".
3. Darkraven Science Fiction Soundscapes - Orion Edition. 19+ hours of SciFi sound on 76 tracks (samples at our website). This massive product includes "chapters" from starports, mining facilities, starships, cities, and more. Want to feel like you are living in the 25th century? Just pop on a few of these tracks and let them rip. We do.
4. Cthulhu I - Full edition - 80 minutes on 5 tracks.
5. Cthulhu II: Return of the Old Ones - 80 minutes of Hollywood level sound and music on 8 tracks (samples on our website)
6. Kingdom of the Elves - 4 hours of fabulous music and sound over 24 tracks to immerse you in your Elven adventures and cultures (samples on our website)
7. Shadows of the Mind (formerly: Redux-Horror) - 4 hours of sound and music to terrify any adventurer. Full product ships to ALL backers in February of 2017.
8. Juggernaut 1 - 5 hours of audio over 22 tracks of SciFi sound to put you in another time.
9. Juggernaut 2 - The follow up to our Juggernaut 1. 2.75 hours of audio over 11 tracks to put you at a 26th century star port
10. Manor of Madness - Our first foray into horror soundscapes set in and under a secluded castle in the middle of a deep, foreboding forest. 2.75 hours and 11 tracks.
11. Descent Into Hell 1 - Descend into the bowels of this possessed dungeon run by the undead if you dare. 2.75 hours of sound over 11 tracks to turn your knuckles white with fear.
12. Descent Into Hell 2 - Part 2 of our terrifying adventure into the unknown. Another 2.75 hours with 11 more tracks to take your horror fantasy or just plain horror adventures to the next level. And there you have it! The perfect gift for yourself or a friend to turn any adventure into something special. What are you waiting for? It's a click away from your hard drive.
For a full list of the incredible sound artists who helped make this project possible, click HERE. There will also be a full list in the final product when it is shipped.
Risks and challenges
Risks on this project are low, as Darkraven Games has experience in delivering over 15 audio projects for table top games to backers at Kickstarter and to our customers throughout the world. As long as we don't get into producing Hollywood level music, we tend to do fine with our delivery times.
LEGAL NOTICE: Darkraven Games and Brightlingsea Productions, inc. reserves the right to change any parameters of the project, including, but not limited to track titles, track lengths, number of tracks, etc. at any time without notice. However, we would like to stress so far we have delivered 15 of our 16 Darkraven projects to specification without modification (unless you could a few free BONUSES we added in), with the exception of a final handful of tracks on the REDUX project which are now in the works to be shipped. As usual, we will work very hard to live up to the product description made on this page.
If there is a discrepancy between the VIVAT IMPERIUM Backer Guide graphic and the prices and descriptions along the right side of the Kickstarter page, the Backer Guide graphic is the definitive guide as to actual awards.
By backing the project, the participant agrees to these legal terms and conditions and understands that all products are delivered by digital download.
You can find a full list of credits for the sounds on our credits page on our Website at darkravengames.com and one will be shipped with the final product as well.
Support this project
- (37 days)