Deep Madness audio is BACK in a new, lossless FLAC format! Because these large FLAC files are so expensive to host on our sales servers, we will not be selling this regularly after this Kickstarter. However, it MAY be available as part of special campaigns in the future. This is what was previously the gold edition upgraded to crystal clear sound from our audio master files for audiophiles out there.
To check out a sample of the awesome Darkraven theme song for "Deep Madness" penned by Wolfgang Amadeus von Frankenfugue check out this project's video.
For those backing the basic "Deep Madness" package, you will be embarking on a 2 hour sound journey through the deep sea mining facility. Your senses will be taken on a guided tour of many of the environments in the facility in their normal and "devoured" states while you struggle to maintain your sanity as you are stalked by creatures from another dimension. Enjoy this epic journey of horror and suspense. Here we offer you five awesome samples of this massive 120 minute track to give you a taste of what to expect for your deep sea game evenings!
"Deep Madness" - The Experience - Standard Ed. - Sample 1
Sub docking and investigator arrival in an underwater world where the untold horrors of the deep and possible death lurk around every corner. Sounds of the airlock and water evacuation system can be heard as the clear announcement is made by creatures from another dimension, that they are not welcome here.
"Deep Madness" - The Experience - Standard Ed. - Sample 2
The first room is devoured by the evils of the other world and your investigator's sanity is challenged.
"Deep Madness" - The Experience - Standard Ed. - Sample 3
Madness threatens to consume your investigator's minds as the deep ocean all around you comes to life and threatens to crush their will power to continue. Is it the walls of the station threatening to collapse? Or the walls of your own willpower?
"Deep Madness" - The Experience - Standard Ed. - Sample 4
Can you go on like this? Your party's determination wavers in the face of these terrors of the deep.
Platinum and Gold backers will get a very special version of the experience! Our very own Wolfgang Amadeus von Frankenfugue has prepared a version of the track which utilizes over 80 minutes of music from Darkraven's "Return of the Old Ones" to take the whole Deep Madness experience to an ELEVEN! This has to be heard to be believed. It's freaking amazing. Check out the sample below.
Augmented Experience - Sample 1:
Augmented Experience - Sample 2:
Augmented Experience - Sample 3
There are a total of 9 room environments which have been done in both normal and devoured states. Here are some samples of what you get with each gold and platinum purchase.
General Environment (Normal State)
General Environment (Devoured State)
Morgue (Normal State)
Morgue (Devoured State)
If you back us at $69 you have entered the realm of Terrors Unknown and you pick up two additional awesome creepy items. "Shadows of the Mind" -- a Darkraven exploration in Lovecraftian horror, and "Return of the Old Ones."
Included with the "Terrors Unknown" upgrade ($69 total), you get "Shadows of the Mind". This is our 8 piece epic horror work by Joshua Cohen which was launched with the "REDUX" project. If you have already ordered our REDUX project with the horror option, please do not upgrade to King In Yellow!
There are 8 compositions here. Each composition also gets an environments track added on (for 16 tracks) and finally, you get the environment track all by itself (for a total of 24 tracks!). Have a listen to some of the samples that you get with this awesome product of horror!
Composition 1: Watcher In the Rain (Music+Sound)
This stunning piece is worthy of any Hollywood movie. Listen to this special 90 second sample to give you a feel for the quality of work that "Shadows of the Mind" delivers from start to finish. And as mentioned above, with each composition, you get a track with just the music, one with just the sound, and one with both mixed together!
Also included with your "Terrors Unknown" upgrade ($69 total), you get our "Cthulhu 2: Return of the Old Ones." It was part of a Kickstarter which picked up 250+ backers and over $14,000 in funding. It has since become a major seller in our catalog. You get a total of 8 tracks and 80 minutes of stunning, Hollywood level music to immerse you in your horror adventures.
Return of the Old Ones - Sample 1: The Mystery Unfolds
And you get 7 more tracks with 80 total minutes of audio. You can hear more at darkravengames.com.
For those moving to the $99 level ($89 EB), we have a whole new set of horrors in play. In 2016, Darkraven Games launched a series of sound projects set in and under a possessed castle. They would be great for your fantasy adventures or for many of your horror adventures. The first project was called, "Manor of Madness". The second was called, "Descent Into Hell". And the third was entitled, "Descent Into Hell 2". This delivered a massive 33 tracks with over 8 hours of spine tingling sound for your fantasy table top games. The COMPLETE SET can be yours if you upgrade to the $99 set ($89 for early birds). Here are some samples of this awesome package:
Descent Into Hell - Sample 1: Tower of the Wailing Princess
Descent Into Hell - Sample 2: Mummy Awakening
In addition to EVERYTHING in the platinum package Deep Madness set and "Shadows of the Mind", "Return of the Old Ones", and "Descent Into Hell" as listed above, those backing us at $199 ($179 EB) get a copy of our flagship "Darkraven Fantasy Soundscapes and Darkraven SciFi Soundscapes. The fantasy package features 70 tracks with 17 hours of soundscapes that are perfectly suited to bringing your table top fantasy adventures to life. To check out numerous samples from Darkraven Fantasy Soundscapes on our website click HERE. The SciFi package features 76 tracks with 19 hours of SciFi sounscapes to bring your deep space and other worldly adventures to life in countless environments. To check out numerous samples from Darkraven's SciFi Soundscapes on our website click HERE.
And finally, at the $399 pledge level you get "The Works". This is the bulk of everything that Darkraven has ever produced that is not licensed material. 17 products with more than 110 hours of sound on over 500 tracks! Insane! Need more sound to bring your table top games to life? Get your head examined! You get:
1. "Deep Madness" - PLATINUM EDITION. Yep. Everything in the platinum, FLAC package as offered in this Deep Madness audio Kickstarter.
2. "Inn of the Red Dragon" - PLATINUM EDITION. Inn of the Green Dragon is a romp through a busy medieval tavern. You get over 40 minutes of sound inside a large city tavern with over a dozen medieval songs recorded by a professional group of specialists in period music. Alternates give you the tavern without music and on cold winter evenings with snowstorms outside and a crackling fire. It's a pleasure just turning this on and listening for the fun of it! Details HERE.
3. "Halls of Balthorg" GOLD Goblin Dungeon 45+ minute seamless super-loop. This GOLD edition also gets you one alternate without humans screaming and one alternate in an empty dungeon. That is three tracks with over two hours of sound. you get all of these tracks in 320kbps MP3 format. Details HERE.
4. "Fantasy Orc Zombie Assault" Platinum Edition with its 15 tracks and 4.5 hours of sound. The perfect match for your Halls of Balthorg audio adventures. Info HERE.
5. "Darkraven Fantasy Soundscapes - Colossus Edition". This is what started it all back in 2013. 17+ hours on 70 tracks (samples at our website). This monstrous product includes "chapters" from dungeons, cities, frozen lands, wind-torn highlands, feudal lands, and our favourite, "Forest of the Necromancer". Info HERE.
6. "Vivat Imperium" - Our biggest audio project ever. With 50 locations and dozens of alternates totalling 110+ tracks and 26 hours of sound to immerse you in your fantasy RPG adventures in, under, and around a massive imperial city. Also includes the platinum level Imperial City War pack which takes you on campaign with the imperial army. Info HERE.
7. "Darkraven Science Fiction Soundscapes - Orion Edition". 19+ hours of SciFi sound on 76 tracks (samples at our website). This massive product includes "chapters" from starports, mining facilities, starships, cities, and more. Want to feel like you are living in the 25th century? Just pop on a few of these tracks and let them rip. We do. Info HERE.
8. "Cthulhu I" - Full edition - 80 minutes on 5 tracks. Info HERE.
9. "Cthulhu II: Return of the Old Ones" - 80 minutes of Hollywood level sound and music on 8 tracks (samples on our website). Info HERE.
10. "Kingdom of the Elves" - 4 hours of fabulous music and sound over 24 tracks to immerse you in your Elven adventures and cultures (samples on our website). Info HERE.
11. "Shadows of the Mind" (formerly: Redux-Horror) - 4 hours of sound and music to terrify any adventurer. Info HERE.
12. "First Blood" (formerly: Redux - combat) - 4 hours of sound and music to accompany just about any fantasy battle or melee sequence you can dream up. Info HERE.
13. "Juggernaut 1" - 5 hours of audio over 22 tracks of SciFi sound on a deep space prospecting vessel to put you in another time and galaxy. Info HERE.
14. "Juggernaut 2" - The follow up to our Juggernaut 1. 2.75 hours of audio over 11 tracks to put you at a 26th century star port. Info HERE.
15. "Manor of Madness" - Our first foray into horror soundscapes set in and under a secluded castle in the middle of a deep, foreboding forest. 2.75 hours and 11 tracks. Info HERE.
16. "Descent Into Hell 1" - Descend into the bowels of this possessed dungeon run by the undead if you dare. 2.75 hours of sound over 11 tracks to turn your knuckles white with fear. Info HERE.
17. "Descent Into Hell 2" - Part 2 of our terrifying adventure into the unknown. Another 2.75 hours with 11 more tracks to take your horror fantasy or just plain horror adventures to the next level. Info HERE.
Risks and challenges
Darkraven has done and delivered 20+ projects now. We had some problems on our Redux project, but all of the others have been delivered within 45 days of the scheduled delivery date. So, we have done this many times. As a result, long terms risks and risks of non-delivery are rather low. Or almost non-existant.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (16 days)