"878 Vikings" by Academy Games (get your copy now at academygames.com) brings you a cool, miniatures and card driven tabletop game of the Viking age to live out epic tales of conquest in Dark Ages Britain. Now, Darkraven Games -- home of cool audio for cool games -- brings you audio to bring it to life. Darkraven has done official audio for the Kickstarter monsters "Deep Madness" and "Lords of Hellas". Now we are excited to announce this awesome audio for skull crunching Viking awesomeness. Check out the backer level guide below and decide your destiny NOW!
We have set up a series of early bird backer slots, so book your copy and tell your friends about us early. Note that we reserve the right to add additional early bird backer slots depending on how we feel the campaign is unfolding.
Below is a selection of samples of the upcoming "878 Vikings" audio product whose creation you are funding by backing this project today!
"878 VIKINGS" - THE EXPERIENCE SAMPLES (SILVER, GOLD AND PLATINUM). Basic track is 30 minutes. This epic piece takes the players from Viking longboats to battles that decided the fate of Britain. Put it on to turn your evening into an Anglo-Saxon epic on par with Beowulf. Stretch goals add time to the experience.
2) A Bard Tells the Tale of Beowulf on a Winter Night in a Mead Hall
3) Iron Smiths Ready for Battle
4) Rain and Music
SOUNDSCAPES SAMPLES (GOLD AND PLATINUM)
Many of these soundscapes are featured in the 30 minute "878 Vikings Audio Experience". However, here they are turned into 15 minute long seamless loops so you can use them in backgrounds in your Viking games in any way you choose.
1) "Beowulf As Told By A Bard" - in Old English as told in an Anglo-Saxon mead hall on a cold and windy Christmas evening (same as sample from experience, but 15 minutes long).
2) Battle - two armies clash on the battlefield (same as the battle sample from the experience, without music and voice telling "Beowulf)
3) "Anglo-Saxon Mead Hall with Fire" - Anglo-Saxon mead hall with fire on a windy winter night
4) "Anglo-Saxon Feast" - Anglo-Saxon mead hall with feast in winter
5) "Freyja" - Ruler Of Folkvangr The Meadow Of Afterlife
6) "Frigg" - Goddess Of The Sky And Weaver Of Fates
7) "Odin" - Ruler Of Valhalla
8) "Thor" - God Of Thunder And His Goat Driven Chariot
9) "Ironsmiths In the Distance" - Ironsmiths toil away to produce weapons of the age (same as sample from experience, but 15 minutes long, to give any dark ages or medieval adventure of yours a sense of place)
10) "Distant Rolling Thunder" - atmospheric mood enhancing thunder rolls to portend conflict and trouble (sample coming soon)
11) Stretch Goal - Viking pillaging and plundering of a town
12) Stretch Goal - Viking Saga as told in a Viking Mead Hall On A Cold and Windy Winter Evening
13) Stretch Goal - to be decided
14) Stretch Goal - to be decided
MINI EXPERIENCES (PLATINUM)
1) Viking Battle Victory
2) Blood Eagle
3) Anglo-Saxon Battle Victory
4) To be decided
5) Stretch Goal - to be decided
6) Stretch Goal - to be decided
7) Stretch Goal - to be decided
8) Stretch Goal - to be decided
SOUND EFFECTS PACKAGE - inspired by event cards from 878 Vikings. These SFX last a few seconds.
1) Going berserk
3) Fistful of Coins (Dengel)
5) Saxon Navy
6) Improved Training
7) Viking Conversion
8) To be decided
9) To be decided
10) To be decided
*NOTE: Track list may change at any time without notice. However, we will work to keep the number of tracks the same. SFX and MiniExperience tracks may be interchanged depending on final audio decisions.
The ODIN EDITION gets you ALL of the following sixteen audio items.
1. 878 Vikings - PLATINUM EDITION. That includes everything listed for the 878 Vikings audio above!
2. "Halls of Balthorg" GOLD Goblin Dungeon 45+ minute seamless superloop (longer if we hit stretch goals. This GOLD edition also gets you one alternate without humans screaming and one alternate in an empty dungeon. That is three tracks with over two hours of sound. As a GOLD backer, you get all of these tracks in 320kbps MP3 and lossless FLAC format for optimal fidelity and quality. Details HERE.
3. "Fantasy Orc Zombie Assault" Platinum Edition with its 15 tracks and 4.5 hours of sound. The perfect match for your Halls of Balthorg audio adventures. Info HERE.
4. "Darkraven Fantasy Soundscapes - Colossus Edition". This is what started it all back in 2013. 17+ hours on 70 tracks (samples at our website). This monstrous product includes "chapters" from dungeons, cities, frozen lands, wind-torn highlands, feudal lands, and our favourite, "Forest of the Necromancer". Info HERE.
5. "Vivat Imperium" - Our biggest audio project ever. With 50 locations and dozens of alternates totalling 110+ tracks and 26 hours of sound to immerse you in your fantasy RPG adventures in, under, and around a massive imperial city. Also includes the platinum level Imperial City War pack which takes you on campaign with the imperial army. Info HERE.
6. "Darkraven Science Fiction Soundscapes - Orion Edition". 19+ hours of SciFi sound on 76 tracks (samples at our website). This massive product includes "chapters" from starports, mining facilities, starships, cities, and more. Want to feel like you are living in the 25th century? Just pop on a few of these tracks and let them rip. We do. Info HERE.
7. "Cthulhu I" - Full edition - 80 minutes on 5 tracks. Info HERE.
8. "Cthulhu II: Return of the Old Ones" - 80 minutes of Hollywood level sound and music on 8 tracks (samples on our website). Info HERE.
9. "Kingdom of the Elves" - 4 hours of fabulous music and sound over 24 tracks to immerse you in your Elven adventures and cultures (samples on our website). Info HERE.
10. "Shadows of the Mind" (formerly: Redux-Horror) - 4 hours of sound and music to terrify any adventurer. Info HERE.
11. "First Blood" (formerly: Redux - combat) - 4 hours of sound and music to accompany just about any fantasy battle or melee sequence you can dream up. Info HERE.
12. "Juggernaut 1" - 5 hours of audio over 22 tracks of SciFi sound to put you in another time. Info HERE.
13. "Juggernaut 2" - The follow up to our Juggernaut 1. 2.75 hours of audio over 11 tracks to put you at a 26th century star port. Info HERE.
14. "Manor of Madness" - Our first foray into horror soundscapes set in and under a secluded castle in the middle of a deep, foreboding forest. 2.75 hours and 11 tracks. Info HERE.
15. "Descent Into Hell 1" - Descend into the bowels of this possessed dungeon run by the undead if you dare. 2.75 hours of sound over 11 tracks to turn your knuckles white with fear. Info HERE.
16. "Descent Into Hell 2" - Part 2 of our terrifying adventure into the unknown. Another 2.75 hours with 11 more tracks to take your horror fantasy or just plain horror adventures to the next level. Info HERE.
NOTE REGARDING DARK AGES OF BRITAIN TOUR: This tour will have a custom date organised for each purchaser of this backer level and his or her friends. There is no need to coordinate dates with other groups/purchasers. Concerning accommodations: 1) we will be staying at cozy bed and breakfasts, 2) rooms are double occupancy (upgrades to single occupancy possible), 3) Alex will be staying in a separate room to ensure your privacy and comfort! This Time Traveller Dark Ages of Britain Tour backer level also includes the ODIN level backer rewards AND, for those interested, a spot on the Darkraven Games game design team (which is gearing up to crank out some really cool stuff with partners... meaning you will be paid commission and credited - PLEASE enquire before purchasing, we are happy to give you details). Alex will be your guide. If he becomes very, very ill a substitute may be sent. But attending this tour WILL be his top priority. Other members of the Darkraven or partner team may participate in your tour, but will not be staying in your rooms. Photo Credit for Iona, Dunnoter castle (above), Eilean Donan castle, and William Wallace monument: Wikipedia Creative Commons
AUDIO CREDITS FOR THIS PAGE AND VIDEO: HERE on our credits page!
Risks and challenges
Darkraven has done around 20 audio projects for games. Other than one project which we learned a TON from, and another project was delivered to customers late because the game partner responsible for distribution themselves was slow, we have delivered almost all on time. In case there is a problem in delivery, please contact us at email@example.com. One of our fabulous pixies will take care of you as soon as pixily possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (19 days)