Help convert our trailer into a fully customized kitchen on wheels so we can serve Dank Eats to the NC Triangle, every day!
The people have spoken, and they demand flavor!
Dank Eats is a mobile eatery that has been serving up big, fresh, bold flavors at music festivals and large events throughout the region since 2010. Whether you’re a carnivore or a vegetarian, craving a classic or something a little more funky, we’ve got you covered! Fresh vegetables, hot peppers, garlic, lime zest, sweet thai basil and local Big Boss beer are just a few of our signature ingredients. Our not-so-secret ingredient is LOVE - we put it into everything we do. We’re really passionate about food, we love people, and we love to cook for people!
With your help, we will convert our cargo trailer into a fully customized kitchen on wheels. This will allow us to be permanently licensed in NC so that we can serve Dank Eats here in the Triangle area year-round!
Lifting our Limitations
Our current setup is very limiting. For each event, we have to assemble an entire outdoor kitchen and obtain a new permit. The setup and tear-down are exhausting and the fees really add up. Local, small or single day events aren't really feasible and festival season only lasts a few months. This leaves us with a lot of time where we aren't cooking and we want to change that!
Reaching our kickstarter goal and finishing our project will eliminate all these problems. We will also be able to participate in more events and festivals too!
We're gonna transform our cargo trailer into a full fledged kitchen on wheels!
We are doing all the labor ourselves, with the help of pros on stuff like electricity. (We don't want to blow ourselves up!) This is going to be a lot of hard work, but we get to customize everything and the reward is going to be so sweet! Your donations go directly towards purchasing the materials and equipment we need to make this a reality.
Check out our made to scale 3D prototype:
To-Do List - Estimated Completion August 2013
- Gut Trailer
- Install Service Window and Awning Reinforce
- Install Health Code compliant floor, wall and ceiling paneling
- Revamp the Electrical System (with professional electrician consultants)
- Install Propane Plumbing/System
- Install Pressurized Heated Water System Purchase
- Install Exhaust Hood
- Paint Job / Wrap / Graphics
- Install Handwashing and Utensil Sinks
- Install the Cooking Equipment that we already own (flat top, fryer)
- Install Commercial Refrigerator
- Install Commercial Freezer Purchase
- Install Sandwich Prep Unit
- Apply for and Obtain Mobile Food Unit Permit (We are consulting with the health department throughout this process, so this step should be pretty fluid.)
Why fund us?
- You want to be a part of the food revolution that is happening all across America!
- You love Dank Eats, and want to be a part of our continued success.
- You prefer your food cooked to order and made with love.
- You want to help us achieve our dreams!
- You understand the need for and want to support local businesses.
- You want one of our sweet kickstarter packages.
- You can always count on us to serve you really good food.
- Life’s too short to eat bad food.
We Cook It The Way You Want It!
We put it all together with our funky, fresh, tasty menu offerings like our Shwarmas - your choice of lamb, chicken, or grilled veggies, topped with spicy red cabbage slaw, chipotle ranch, lettuce, tomato, marinated onions, a few fries, and finished with cilantro lime aioli. How about some real Bacon-cheese fries covered with massive amounts of cheddar and monterey-jack cheese melted on the flat top with and massive chunks of bacon spiked with cilantro and a side of chipotle ranch - Yes, Please!
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
At Dank Eats, we know that great accomplishments don’t come easy. We’ve surmounted many obstacles to Dank Eats what it is today, which gives us the confidence to take on this project with sustained enthusiasm and resolve. With our firm commitment to this next step in our evolution, it's not a question of if, it's a question of when.
We’re doing all the work ourselves! But if you have ever seen us at a festival, you know that we have insane work ethic. We have already invested hundreds of hours in research and planning. Some phases of our project will require outside help. Fortunately we are friends with several professionals who will provide guidance and assistance throughout the entire process.
We are still going to attend festivals during the renovation which means that we will have to manage our time carefully to maneuver around each new addition. This is one of the main reasons that we are tackling the flooring, walls and electrical work first! We’ve allotted a generous amount of time to complete the project to make sure things get done right.
You guys make it all possible. Without your support, we wouldn't be where we are now. Thank you so much for helping fund this project - it is gonna be awesome!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.