About this project
Hello friends, family, and fellow music lovers!
Update: June 19th- With about 24 hours to go... Thank you for helping us reach our first stretch goal! We're now on stretch goal #2 (see below.)
Update: June 11th- Wow!!! We reached our Kickstarter "all or nothing" goal of $17,500! THANK YOU SO MUCH! This first goal will pay for most of the tour van. (As we will explain below, we already put a significant down payment on the van.)
NEW BACKER GOAL- our goal is to reach 200 backers! Every backer is important in helping us reach this goal!
Stretch goal #1- $21,800- DONE!
Our next, most immediate need is to install a security system. We realize that if our gear gets stolen from our vehicle, it could potentially be career ending.
Additionally, because we travel with our roadie dogs, we're adding a remote temperature control system. This is for their (and our gear's benefit).
Stretch goal #2- Basic Buildout- $26,900
As you've seen in the video, the van is currently a passenger van. We plan on doing a DIY buildout! This includes carving out a huge section for storage and transportation of equipment, adding a bed, sofa, cabinetry, and desk/office nook. We are going to save THOUSANDS because we'll be doing the buildout ourselves with the help of some contractor friends!
Stretch goal #3- Full Buildout- $31,500
This includes adding in a microwave, mini fridge, lighting, shades, and replacement captains chairs in the front. These are all the "little things" that will make this tour van into a home on wheels!
(Original project description starts here!)
Thanks for taking the time to check out our "Everything Live" Kickstarter project!
We've been on the road touring almost non-stop since 2011. We love performing and sharing our music while traveling the world. Our lives are full and our hearts are happy. Because of music, we have met and developed relationships and friendships with so many wonderful people... it's actually crazy to think about all of the amazing people who are in our lives now!
Currently, we tour in a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta, or as we call it, our "private jet-ta." We fit ALL THIS (two guitars, keyboard, stands, cables, cds, speakers, mixing board, pedal board, clothes) into the car. It's like a magic trick!
And sometimes, our band mascots, Fergie and Maui, even fit in there with us!
However, we've reached the point where we need a bigger tour vehicle.
- We have a vision to GROW our live show and to create a bigger sound. We'll do this by adding in cello, electric guitars, extra percussion, a light show, stage props, and other cool things to what we are already doing. We have used EVERY last inch of space available to us in our current vehicle and cannot even squeeze in an extra pair of shoes!
- The Jetta has over 250,000 miles on it and is getting older. We've taken excellent care of this vehicle, but mechanical issues are becoming a bigger concern for us. We do not want to find ourselves stranded on the side of the road unable to make a show.
- Additionally, you may have heard about the Volkswagen diesel scandal. VW has basically recalled these vehicles from the road... and you got it... we own one of the problem cars. We have to sell it back to VW within a year... which means bye bye private Jet-ta. Google "volkswagen diesel scandal" if you want to know more on that.
So... you get it. We NEED a bigger tour vehicle!
Recently, when we saw a used Mercedes Sprinter come on the market, we took a leap of faith and put a down payment on it. It was such a good deal! We've had our eye on the used market for this vehicle for the last 3 years, so it's safe to say we (well, Jeb actually) did our homework.
Check it out!
We don't actually own it yet and we'd like to change that.
Here's where Kickstarter and you come in...
We're raising money through this Kickstarter project to help us fund our new tour van and get it on the road.
We're taking a leap of faith that enough of you will want to support us, and help us get to this important new phase (bigger vehicle, better show, safer on the road) in our musical journey to make this happen!
Before we go any further...
We think it's important for you to be aware of what we've been doing... on our own... without help from a major label, manager, booking agent, promoter, or even outside investors.
- We've recently been awarded the "2016 Artist of the Year" through the Concerts In Your Home network. This was a huge honor to get selected from a pool of 300+ other touring and talented artists!
- We've opened for numerous top acts including Dierks Bentley, Justin Moore, Tracy Lawrence, Phil Vassar, Lyle Lovett, and others.
- We've toured Europe five times.
- We've reached #1 on Reverb Nation's pop chart and new artist's chart... that's out of over 3,000,000 people!
- We've been played regularly on Sirius XM Satellite's 'Coffeehouse Radio' for the last two years.
AND... we are playing shows all over the country nearly every week!
We've been working our tail ends off to create our own success... and not wait for anything to get handed to us. We are extremely grateful to be making our living doing what we love... creating and sharing music with people in hopes of making a positive impact in their lives.
Now...They say it's taboo to talk about money... but let's get real... this is Kickstarter and the end result IS about money... so let's talk about it.
There are many costs involved in our day to day operations. We have ALREADY made the following recent investments in our career/show/artist development. In fact, every extra dollar we make goes to building our career. (Side note- When it comes to gear we are strong believers in quality. We could have skimped out on cheap equipment, but it's true, you get what you pay for.)
- New/upgraded speakers ($3,500)
- Jeb's cello ($4,000)
- New electric guitar amp ($2,500)
- Complete wireless (this means we don't have cords and can move around more freely) system ($4000)
- Last recording studio upgrade (somewhere between Ouch and Boing!)
- Our new custom guitars (Priceless)
- The New Double Disc Live "Day #2349" Album! (More about this later). (Live recording gear, production costs, mixing and mastering, CD duplication- $$$$$- you get the point!)
Some of these costs would be two to three times as much if it weren't for our artist endorsement partners! (Thank you Stonebridge Guitars, D'Addario Strings, Toneville Amps, Advanced Audio Microphones, Preston Leatherworks, Hartke, Porchboard, PreSonus, and all the other great companies that keep us on the road.)
So...we have already made significant financial and time investments of our own. (Emotional and physical investments are a whole different story!)
We wouldn't feel comfortable launching this project and coming to you (our family, friends, and fans) asking for your support if we weren't willing to put in the work on our end. We have and we will. We're just hoping you'll meet us halfway at a time when we could really use a boost... or a kickstart! (Get it? Ok...bad joke.)
Because kickstarter is an "all or nothing" platform, if we do not reach our goal, nobody gets charged (or their rewards), and we end up with $0.
We've made our initial "all or nothing" goal amount $17,500. This is 50% of the overall cost of the project.
We estimate that it will actually take about $35,000 in total to pay for the tour van, add in a security system, convert the inside from a passenger van to one that will turn into a "mini home on wheels," new stage banner, and initial new merch purchase.
Kickstarter funds will be used in the following order...
1) Purchase new merch to fulfill backer rewards.
2) Security system installation in tour van.
3) Complete the purchase of the tour van.
4) Tour van conversion costs (adding in a bed, sofa, storage spaces, etc...)
5) Stage design and set.
When you decide to support us by becoming a backer, you get to choose your rewards.
- Your name "graffiti'd" on our tour van! We're going to write the name of every single person who backs this project on the van (in non-permanent car markers), take a photo of it, and send it to all of our backers as a memento. Hopefully we can fill every side with backers!
- Exclusive guitar pick for backers only. (We're going to surprise you with what it looks like... you'll just have to see when it arrives in the mail!)
- New Live double disc album "Day #2349".
- Custom song- written especially for you- consider this as a unique and perfect gift for someone special in your life, even if it's just for you!
- Private House Concerts- You guys... we LOVE playing house concerts. We'll work with you on finding the perfect date and from start to finish to create the best possible concert experience for you and your guests.
- Postcards from the road!
- Jeb Hart's Six Month Guitar Program- Perfect for those who have "learn how to play guitar" on their bucket list, or started to learn once and either got "stuck," quit, or frustrated by not making any progress. Learn more about Six Month Guitar here.
We're offering FIVE new merch lines!
1) The "Hatch Print Style" line
- Our new rad hatch print poster we're printing in 2 different color schemes. (Designed by our good friend Jeff Hackbarth.) This will be printed (by hand) in East Nashville (By Friendly Arctic) on a high quality poster board and is 18 by 24in.
You can also get this on a retro campfire mug!
Or one of these!
2) The "Black Silhouette" Line
Introducting our new black silhouette "Danika & The Jeb" t-shirt. This was designed (originally as a painting) by the very talented Alys! We'll be printing on this vintage "snow heather" t-shirt.
Enjoy your morning coffee in this mug!
3) The "I'd Rather Be At A Concert" Line
Because it's true... you probably would rather be at a concert!
This beautiful bella tank looks fabulous on women of all ages. It's nice and flowy and super comfy. This is the tank we'll be printing on.
4) The "Must Love Dogs" Line
We're really fluffin' excited about our "Must Love Dogs" new merch items as well! These are all hand sewn (high quality) squeaky toys made with love by Heather! (Quality tested by Fergie and Maui of course!) If you choose the "Must Love Dogs" reward and want a particular 2 toys, let us know... otherwise, we'll choose 2 to send to your pup!
Can't you just picture your 4 legged fur-iend in this cute "I'm With the Band" bandana? This will measure 21.5 inches by 21.5 inches and should easily fit around most dogs necks.
5) Day #2349 Line
Love the album cover? Get it on a T!
Last, but not least... get the original concert poster from our live recording of "Day #2349!"
Have fun choosing your rewards!
Thank you for backing our kickstarter project and supporting us! Can't wait to graffiti your name on our van, get started on your custom song, and bring our new tour van to your city!
Risks and challenges
There is relatively low risk for our kickstarter backers with this project. As we mentioned above, the first use of this kickstarter money will go into fulfilling backer rewards.
And yes, while other challenges may present themselves, we're confident in our ability to get through whatever that may be.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (20 days)