IMPORTANT: Please consider to support the Wormworld Saga App even if you don't own a mobile device that can run the app. The creation of the Wormworld Saga App will also speed up my progress on the FREE online version which will NOT be replaced by the app! And the rewards you'll receive here are a once in a lifetime opportunity for collectors!
The Wormworld Saga is an online graphic novel that you can read for free on www.wormworldsaga.com. Since its launch on 25th December 2010 it was enjoyed nearly half a million times by people from all over the world. It received an overwhelming amount of positive feedback from readers and reviewers and currently the Wormworld Saga is translated by fans into over 20 languages (of which 6 are already available).
It took me the whole year 2010 to create the first chapter of the Wormworld Saga. I'm working on the project in the evenings besides my day job as a computer games artist. I time-tracked every single minute that went into the creation of the first chapter and I know for sure that I would be able to create 4 chapters a year if I could quit my job and work full time on the graphic novel. In order to achieve that I would have to generate my income through the Wormworld Saga of course.
The Wormworld Saga currently runs on donations and print sales only and while these cover all costs that are associated with the project they don't provide the revenue that is needed to turn the Wormworld Saga into a full time venture. The Wormworld Saga App is designed to be the tentpole product of the Wormworld Saga Online Graphic Novel project. When the app exists, even moderate sales of each chapter will create a financial foundation on which the future of the Wormworld Saga Online Graphic Novel can be built.
The app is NOT meant to replace the free online version of the Wormworld Saga Graphic Novel. I firmly believe in "freeconomics" and the Wormworld Saga App is designed to be a premium content for true fans of the project. It will feature:
- a higher quality (less JPG-compressed) artwork
- you will be able to switch off the word balloons
- you will be able to switch to a grayscale preliminary version of the graphic novel which I will enhance with commentary in order to document the creation of every chapter
- the app will include "The Art of the Wormworld Saga", a digital "living" artbook which will be updated frequently with the latest sketches, concept artworks and even "how to"-videos which will provide deep insights into the creation of the graphic novel and digital painting in general.
The app will be free to download and every chapter will be sold individually inside the app. The digital artbook will be unlocked and updated automatically with every purchased chapter.
This kickstarter campaign is your chance to give the Wormworld Saga a substantial push into the future. And it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to purchase Wormworld Saga prints that will never ever be produced in this form again. The blue Wormseal stamp that I use to mark all items available here is strictly exclusive to this kickstarter campaign and that renders all prints available here into limited and rare items that collectors will die to get their hands on as soon as this opportunity is gone.
digital app content
* in order to receive free content inside the Wormworld Saga App on some platforms you may have to provide your device ID. You will receive instructions how to find out your device ID. If you don't want to submit your device ID I may not be able to provide the free app content as stated in the reward descriptions.
Please refer to the following images and descriptions in order to find out which prints exactly you will receive for a given pledge amount.
Pledge 25$ or more:
"Threehouses & Skycastles" is the logo artwork of http://www.daniellieske.com
Pledge 50$ or more:
Pledge 100$ or more:
Pledge 250$ or more:
Pledge 500$ or more:
If you are interested in my prints beyond this kickstarter campaign, please visit the Wormworld Saga Print Shop at http://www.wormworldsaga.com/prints.php
- (30 days)