A Free Movie Gallery for Richmond, Virginia
Richmond needs a free screening space for independent filmmakers. I've got a good space at a good location, and a lot of furniture. What I'm missing is the equipment and capital to make it happen.
NOTE: Pledge $25 or more and you also get a Grand Opening Ticket!
Once the project is funded I'll go ahead and purchase the things I need, which include:
- A 1080p HD Projector
- Pull-down screen
- Shades & Shutters
- PA system
- Extra chairs & China balls (if there's enough $$$ leftover)
A few rules for the renting the space:
- You're limited to one screening every two months (per project or person). This is so plenty of people have opportunities to use the space.
- You have to setup the seating beforehand, and put it back afterwards. You also have to make sure the space is clean before you leave.
- There will be a $100 clean-up deposit for each screening, which will be returned at the end of the event if the space is clean and fully functional.
Kickstarter rewards rules:
- You have one year from the day of the Grand Opening to claim your reward.
The rewards listed will become products if MovieLoft is successfully funded.
MovieLoft is located conveniently in downtown Richmond near the corner of 3rd and East Grace and is close to the Broad street art walk.
Original inked artwork by James Callahan can be purchased as a reward:
Glow-in-the-dark version to be used on t-shirts, koozies, and stickers:
For more updates, like MovieLoft on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MovieLoft
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.