About this project
Add On's below...
If you’re new to Kickstarter it can be a bit confusing at first to understand how to purchase EXTRA stuff to your preexisting pledge. In order to do that, you just Add On.
After you have picked your pledge, you go back and click your blue Manage Your Pledge button. Then you Add On the $$$ amount for the Add On you want. (P.S.) Don't forget to Add On any extra shipping cost if your an International backer. (If you live outside the USA).
CLICK LINKS BELOW TO SEE COLOR OPTIONS AS WELL AS THE VIDEO.
The Dale Mathis, Amber Rix exclusive Metal Dice Collaboration.
I teamed up with the Queen of Dice Amber Rix, to bring to you the most incredible collaborative custom metal Dice ever made. Amber has had two successful Kickstarter campaigns so far.
I contacted Amber shortly after I came up with the Mechanical Card Deck and thought it would be great to add Metal Dice to the 3D Metal Playing Cards. After brainstorming, we came up with a Dice that would be a precision metal master piece as she's known for but would be pipped with Swarovski Crystals. The Crystals would be flush with the Dice face and would have a slight angle around the Crystal to accentuate it. This would allow the Dice to roll and function smoothly and bling bling while doing so.
Click the video below to get to know the GENIUS behind the Precision Dice, Amber Rix...as well as how the Crystals are placed.
The unboxing of the prototype.
The Story behind the Tuck Box back design.
The Mechanical Card Frame that stores your deck and transforms it into Kinetic fine art.
Here is how the Frame works with your 3D Deck.
1. After a game of cards you simply place the supplied single metal card in the back of the card deck.
2. You then Insert the full deck of cards inside your 3D Tuck Box.
3. Take your 3D Tuck Box and place it in the center of the Mechanical Card Frame. As you move closer to the center frame you will feel a tug on the tuck box. The tug you feel is the Neodymium Magnets concealed within the frame attracting the single metal card you previously placed inside the 3D Tuck Box.
4. Once the 3D Tuck Box is in place, simply slide it to the right until the 2 gears engage.
5. There is a switch just behind the Mechanical Frame which activates the larger gear in the frame as well as LED lights.
6. When the switch is flipped the gears in the face of the tuck box will begin to rotate and the LED lights will illuminate your deck of cards. If you flip the switch in the opposite direction, the gears will stop and the light will remain on. If you center the switch, the gears will stop and the lights will shut off.
Hello Kickstarters and fans of The Art of Dale Mathis....!
Over the last 600 years, playing cards have changed very little. As an accomplished artist and designer, I wanted to change that by literally thinking outside the box, no pun intended.
I dreamed of creating a deck of cards unlike any made before. I wanted this deck to be like the Ferrari of playing cards, to be made of the finest materials, designed with feminine curves and a masculine stature. I wanted it technologically advanced but designed to be played hard with. When not played with, would look sexy, hypnotizing anyone who laid eyes on it. Last but not least, it had to maintain it's collectible value as would any piece of fine art.
To achieve this level of quality, the deck had to be printed by The United States Playing Card Company and be fitted with micro kinetic movements made of metal that actually functioned. This complicated feat could only be accomplished by Dale Mathis Studio Inc, the sister company of The Art of Dale Mathis. The last major challenge was for this deck of cards to transform itself into fine art after a game of cards and be the talk of your home and or Office for many years to come..
Making an idea into a reality.
Over the course of a year and many sacrificial decks given to me by my good friend Andrei Jikh from Theory 11, I finally came up with a few awesome functioning prototypes. I'm now ready to make them available to the general public, that's you. With that said, this Mechanical 3D Metal Playing Card deck will be made available in limited editions for the duration of this Kickstarter campaign. Once the campaign has ended, how ever many decks have been procured will be the only ones in existence and I will never produce this particular deck again. This cant happen without your help so if you think this is an awesome deck of cards, please, please make your pledge.
What's included in your 3D deck?
1. Printed by the United States Playing Card Company.
2. Standard Bicycle grade paper. If the campaign reaches $70,000+, we will upgrade to Bee paper.
3. Custom Tuck Box.
4. Two Joker Cards with my "No Way Out Sculpture" as the main design face. To learn more about No Way Out CLICK HERE.
5. One Promo Card (Facebook, twitter...etc..)
6. One custom Ace of Spades Card. (Will reveal later in the campaign)
7. One COA (Certificate Of Authenticity) card with the edition number of your deck printed on it.
8. Tuck printed on Black Matte stock and possibly a Red Matt on the inside of the Tuck Box.
9. Embossing and Foil.
10. 3D Metal card face mechanism attached to deck.
11. 52 STANDARD poker playing cards. (This deck is all about the Tuck Box and it's accessories.)
Who we are
Risks and challenges
I have been in the Art and manufacturing business for well over a decade and based on my experience I can not assure you that everything will happen as planned. Things happen occasionally especially when outsourcing.
I co own a small factory/studio in the Philippines where I live half the year as well as a small distribution center/studio in Las Vegas, NV. The majority of this project will be produced by my company which gives me more control over production and deadlines. Even though I will control the majority of production, there is room for delays when dealing with my suppliers as I can not control their operation. I can assure you that if roadblocks do occur, I have more than enough experience in dealing with them as they come. I have held a good reputation in the Art Industry for well over a decade for good customer service and quality craftsmanship..Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (35 days)