Valeria: Card Kingdoms - Shadowvale
Darkness looms upon the Kingdom of Valeria. Werewolves, Vampires, and other shadowy creatures reach out in the night to tear apart your people. But never fear, new Citizens have joined the fray - some specializing in taking out these dark creatures!
Valeria: Card Kingdoms - Shadowvale brings in a whole new set of Citizens, Monsters, Domains, and Dukes that you can play stand-alone using components from the base game, or mix with card stacks from the base game and previous expansions for all new experiences.
Valeria: Card Kingdoms - Expansion Pack #6: RELICS
In Expansion Pack #6: RELICS, you'll discover a whole new mechanic that will give you a slight edge during certain actions. During setup, shuffle up the Relics and give one to each player. Each Relic has a unique power. During the game, use your Relic to get bonus actions or discounts on performing actions to amplify your progress in the game.
The Relic expansion pack will NOT be available through retail. It will be available at conventions and possibly at the BGG Store.
We have several Relic cards planned as Stretch Goals. So, the more money we raise, the more limited exclusive content you will receive as our thank you to all of our backers.
Valeria: Card Kingdoms is a fast-paced card and dice game that will have you and your friends slaying monsters, recruiting citizens, and expanding your domain.
In Valeria: Card Kingdoms, 1 to 5 players compete to build the greatest kingdoms in about 30-45 minutes.
Dark monsters have risen to terrorize the kingdom of Valeria. Use Strength to slay minions like pesky Dire Rats... and titans like the mighty Darkstalker... to earn rewards. Then, defeat the boss in each area to clear the land and earn rewards based on the amount of monsters you've killed in that area.
Players start with 1 Peasant and 1 Knight. Throughout the game you and your friends will use Gold to recruit a tableau of loyal citizens like the hard-working Lumberjack... the blessed Exorcist... or the Hunter. In a single game, there are 10 different citizens to choose from, and with the Shadowvale expansion, you'll have a total of 32 alternate citizen types to create nearly endless combinations and challenges. No two games will be alike.
Once you've recruited the right combination of citizens, you can buy powerful domains like Karloff Castle - that gives you strength equal to the size of your army, or King Tower - that lets you give another player magic to gain a Victory Point.
Each player drafts a Duke or Duchess card at the start of the game, giving you secret ways to score bonus Victory Points. Follow the wishes of your patron and you may find yourself basking in the glory of victory.
With the new KS Limited Exclusive expansion pack, RELICS, you'll also draft a powerful Relic that will give you a small advantage performing certain actions in the game.
All of the content above will be in the retail version of Valeria: Card Kingdoms - Shadowvale along with all necessary divider cards to merge everything into your original Valeria: Card Kingdoms box.
We've unlocked the following content thanks to all of our backers:
- 5 Domain Cards - Martin Road, Opera House, Laborium, Legendre's Keep, Ancient Tomb
- 2 Event Cards - Good Omen, Blessed Lands
- 12 Citizen Cards - Alt. Knight, Alt Peasant
We also decided to include a Warden for the Undead Samurai monster stack!
For backers, the RELICS expansion pack will be included inside of your box of Valeria: Card Kingdoms - Shadowvale. The expansion pack will include a divider card. The RELICS expansion pack will NOT be available at retail, but will be available at conventions or the BGG store.
We've unlocked the following content thanks to all of our backers:
- 5 Relic Cards - St.Aquila's Statue, Staff of Urdr, Dragon Orb, Philosopher's Tome, Lich Sword.
Valeria: Card Kingdoms and all expansions are in world wide distribution. Please ask your local FLGS to order them for you. That being said, we do have some stuff that won't be available at retail (unless those Retailers are backers).
Depending on which printing of Valeria: Card Kingdoms your copy is from and, and how many of our previous expansions and expansion packs you have, and whether or not you sleeve your cards, it is quite possible that the cards from Shadowvale will not fit inside your original Valeria box. Also, we're not done expanding Valeria: Card Kingdoms and you can look forward to more added content in the future.
If you are running out of space, we're making a Big Box that will hold more and giving you a set of dice and an enamel coin to replace the boring First Player token. We've updated the plastic insert inside to hold more and the Mico will be working on a unique piece of art for the cover.
Valeria: Card Kingdoms comes with lots of wooden tokens and multiplier chits to use if you run out, but some folks want all their resource tokens to be wood, so we are offering an add-on pack of 140 additional wood tokens.
Adding extra tokens might affect the storage capacity of your original box, so you might also want to consider the Big Box add-on.
The original version of the Playmat is sold out. We've decided to make a new bigger version that takes into consideration the Agents expansion pack. The artwork is in progress and will be based on the Big Box image. We're leaning towards just a huge white dragon.
Dice Tower Approved!
Once again, Schwerkraft-Verlag, Pixie Games, and Crazy Pawn Games will be joining us on this print run! You can back here for those languages and they will be delivered to you by them in your language (to certain countries).
Schwerkraft-Verlag - Germany and Austria.
Pixie Games - France and Belgium.
Crazy Pawn Games - Spain.
Rewards will be customs and VAT friendly for all of the major shipping regions: US, CA, EU, UK, and AU. If you're just getting the English Shadowvale expansion, your rewards will ship directly from China. If you're getting Shadowvale in any other language, or if you are adding on the Big Box, your rewards will ship from a regional hub or from that language's production partner.
We like to support game stores around the world by offering the Kickstarter versions of the game to retailers during the campaign. We treat retailer backers just like other backers in that they receive their rewards before we release regular retail games into distribution.
We ask that you commit to at least 1 case (12 games), but we only ask you for $1 until we are ready to ship out the games to backers. At that point, we will invoice you for $149 (wholesale price) and you will receive a discount on shipping. If you would like to be included, we ask that you back the campaign for $1 and email David at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will ship only to stores in the US, or to foreign stores with a freight forwarder with a US address.
Every game we create is a discrete project with its own development schedule, its own budget for production and marketing expenses, and it's own timeline for funding, production, and delivery. We bring each project to Kickstarter to give you, our fans and supporters, the opportunity to help us put the final touches on the game and to reserve your copies at the time when it will do the game the most good, both financially and creatively.
Some say that a creator should not launch a new project until their previous project is completed and delivered. That system might work for a designer who is self-publishing a game, but for an up-and-coming company like Daily Magic Games, that system is not viable. At any point in time we are working on a dozen projects in various stages of completion. Right now, for example...
- Food Truck Champion shipped to all backers and will be in retail in February.
- Sailing Toward Osiris is in final assembly and we expect to deliver it to backers 1 month late, in March 2018. Sailing Toward Osiris will be produced in English, German, French, and Spanish. Sailing Toward Osiris will debut at Origins 2018 and be released to retailers in June 2018. Available for pre-order.
- Crabs! is at the printer and we expect to deliver Crabs! to backers in March 2018 and to be on retail store shelves by July 2018. Available for pre-order.
- Horizons is at the printer and we expect Horizons to be delivered to backers in July 2018, debut at GenCon 2018, and hit retail stores in August 2018. Available for pre-order.
- Sarah’s Singularity did not fund on Kickstarter and is back into redevelopment.
- Alchemea, by Ian Stedman and illustrated by Claire Donaldson, is a reimagining of Ian's game, Magnum Opus. It is in beta testing.
- Corsairs: A Valeria Adventure, by Wouter van Strien and Isaias Vallejo, illustrated by The Mico, was inspired by Wouter's game Wacky Pirates. During development, Corsairs evolved into a more strategic game than the original and is in beta testing.
- Spaceways, by Philip duBarry and illustrated by The Mico, is a sci-fi pick-up and deliver / area control game set in the Horizons universe. This stand-alone sequel is in beta testing.
- Chocolatiers, by Isaias Vallejo and illustrated by Claire Donaldson, is a gateway game where players take on the role of chocolatiers boxing chocolates in crowd-pleasing arrangements. It is in beta testing and you can download the PNP at BoardGameGeek.
- Thieve's Den, by Alice Davis and illustrated by Denis Martynets, is a unique blend of card drafting and worker placement set in the world of 10 Minute Heist. It is in beta testing.
We're hoping that our track record for successfully completing and delivering previous projects will give you the confidence to support Shadowvale, and that the forthright communications we present when projects do hit snags will assuage any fears that we're going to screw it all up. By the way, if you'd like to help us with any of our alpha or beta testing, please send us an email at contact[at]dailymagicgames[dot]com.
Daily Magic Games is a designer-friendly and customer-focused publisher specializing in casual tabletop games that are easy to learn and play, yet layered with strategy and depth.
- Isaias Vallejo, Wizard-in-Chief, Game Designer, and Developer
- David MacKenzie, Conjurer and Game Developer
- Levi Mote, Alchemist, Game Designer, and Developer
- Sarah Sharp, Enchantress and Convention Event Planner
- Dylan Pharaoh-Whitney, Sorcerer and Graphic Designer
We are focused on listening to what our customers have to say and making sure that we are producing the type of games you want at the high quality you demand. We are actively involved in the Comments section of each Kickstarter and keep backers up to date with plenty of updates post-Kickstarter. We like to make casual and gateway games in an effort to get more people to the table. Our games are easy to learn to help new players get in to the game faster, but they're also layered with strategy for the more seasoned players. We're based out of Seattle, Washington and like to focus on the growth and promotion of game design in the Pacific Northwest. We've even started a playtesting event network called playtestNW to help local designers meet each other and engage with playtesters on a regular basis. Our hope is that we're helping designers build better games.
Risks and challenges
Daily Magic Games is committed to delivering quality products on time. We realize that the publication of a board game can be complicated and, no matter how experienced the project creators and mangers are, some problems may occur. In an effort to reduce the likelihood of delays and mistakes, we have taken several steps to prepare for success:
1. This game project, as well as the Kickstarter campaign itself, are in the hands of two well-seasoned professionals. David MacKenzie has been running Kickstarter projects since 2010 (Alien Frontiers, Sunrise City, King's Forge, Swinging Jivecat Voodoo Lounge, Valeria: Card Kingdoms, ManaSurge, Villages of Valeria, Quests of Valeria, Merchants of Araby, Go Nuts For Donuts, 10 Minute Heist), and Isaias Vallejo comes from a digital games background as production and studio director at Big Fish Games and has designed several successful board games: Sunrise City, Valeria: Card Kingdoms, Villages of Valeria, and Quests of Valeria.
2. We are dedicated to backer communication and feedback. Throughout every campaign, we are as transparent about the process and as open to feedback as possible without jeopardizing production and delivery timelines.
3. We have done significant pre-production. All the art and graphic design files for Shadowvale are completed with the exception of the stretch goals content. The art and design for the stretch goals content has been sketched out and is ready to push forward as soon as each goal is achieved.
4. We have our manufacturer lined up and ready to begin the pre-press process as soon as the the files are delived. We hope that everything goes as planned, but if something falls through the cracks, we are ready and willing to employ every tool at our disposal to get the project back on track and running smoothly.
Thank you for your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (24 days)