Valeria: Card Kingdoms - Flames & Frost
The Kingdom of Valeria is expanding to the fiery peaks of volcanoes and the cold ridges of glacial mountains! Valeria: Card Kingdoms - Flames & Frost brings in a whole new set of Citizens, Monsters, Domains, and Dukes that you can play stand-alone using components from the base game, or mix with card stacks from the base game for all new experiences.
In Flames & Frost, we introduce the powerful "Wild" icon that allows you to gain any resource you want–Gold, Strength, or Magic. You can even mix and match - no need to be restricted to one type with this new ability.
We also introduce the concept of Banish - allowing you to remove cards from the game. Want to get rid of a Monster your opponent just killed? Now, you can!
You've probably experienced the Event cards if you've played with one of the Expansion Packs that are already out in retail - well, we have a few of them planned as Stretch Goals for Flames & Frost. Some will be helpful, some will be harmful, but all will be memorable!
Valeria: Card Kingdoms - Expansion Pack #3: Agents
In Expansion Pack #3: Agents, you'll discover a whole new mechanic that will amplify your progress in the game.
Shuffle up the Agent cards and place them above the left-most Monster stack, then deal one Agent card face-up above each of the other 4 Monster stacks.
As an action, you can Hire one of the face-up Agents and use the power shown. Once you've completed the action, place the Agent face-down at the bottom of the Agent deck and refill the empty space from the deck. Agents will eventually reappear in the line for you to Hire, so you can plan some of your strategy around them coming back up!
Valeria: Card Kingdoms is a fast-paced card and dice game that will have you and your friends slaying monsters, recruiting citizens, and expanding your domain.
In Valeria: Card Kingdoms, 1 to 5 players compete to build the greatest kingdoms in about 30-45 minutes.
Vile monsters plague the kingdom of Valeria. Use Strength to slay minions like pesky Mummies... and titans like the mighty Salamander... to earn rewards. Then, defeat the boss in each area to clear the land and earn rewards based on the amount of monsters you've killed in that area.
Players start with 1 Peasant and 1 Knight. Throughout the game you and your friends will use Gold to recruit a tableau of loyal citizens like the hard-working Baker... the magical Summoner... or Valeria's own fixer, the Condottiere. In a single game, there are 10 different citizens to choose from, and with the Flames & Frost expansion, you'll have a total of two-dozen alternate citizen types to create nearly endless combinations and challenges. No two games will be alike.
Once you've recruited the right combination of citizens, you can buy powerful domains like Sunder Bay - that allows you to banish another player's citizen, or Rime Temple - that allows you to convert Gold into Victory Points.
Each player drafts a Duke or Duchess card at the start of the game, giving you secret ways to score bonus Victory Points. Follow the wishes of your patron and you may find yourself basking in the glory of victory.
Over the course of your adventures in Valeria, you will make contact with the high and mighty, like the Prefect - who turns your Magic into Victory Points, and the dregs of society, like the Assassin - who you can pay to disable and opponent's citizen for the rest of the game.
All of the content above will be in the retail version of Valeria: Card Kingdoms - Flames & Frost along with all necessary divider cards to merge everything into your original Valeria: Card Kingdoms box.
For backers, The Agents expansion pack will be included inside of your box of Valeria: Card Kingdoms - Flames & Frost. The expansion pack will include a divider card.
Backers will also receive these Kickstarter Limited Exclusive* cards inside of your box of Valeria: Card Kingdoms - Flames & Frost.
*Will not be in retail distribution. The Duke Mico card will be available at conventions we attend and through other promotional avenues.
For those that do not want to use the resource multipliers, the two "PLUS" pledge levels include a bagged set of wood tokens to supplement the tokens included in the original Valeria: Card Kingdoms game. The original tokens with these new wood tokens combined will fit in the token wells of the plastic insert - yes, we checked! :)
The reviews below are for the original Valeria: Card Kingdoms game. Flames & Frost is a full expansion that adds new Citizens, Monsters, Domains, and Dukes with new powers and new art for more variety in your gaming experience, but it does not substantially change the game play. These reviews will give you an excellent idea of what to expect.
Dice Tower Approved!
Try out the tabletop simulator of Valeria: Card Kingdoms, Flames and Frost here!
PLEASE NOTE: All Valeria: Card Kingdoms base games and Expansion Packs will be shipped along with the Flames & Frost expansion and cannot be shipped earlier. If you would like the base game sooner, we suggest that you contact your local retailer.
We like to support game stores around the world by offering the Kickstarter versions of the game to retailers during the campaign. We treat retailer backers just like other backers in that they receive their rewards before we release regular retail games into distribution.
We have a $165.00 pledge level set aside just for retailers that includes 12 copies of Flames & Frost Deluxe, 11 for re-sale and 1 for your store's demo library. We will cover the shipping costs to your store but we will ship only to stores in the US, or to foreign stores with a freight forwarder with a US address. If you would like to order more than 12, please contact David and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Every game we create is a discrete project with its own development schedule and it's own budget of production and marketing expenses. We bring each project to Kickstarter when it's ready to give you, our fans and supporters, the opportunity to help us put the final touches on the game and to reserve your copies at the time it will do the game the most good, both financially and creatively.
- Some say that a creator should not launch a new project until their previous project is completed and delivered. That system might work for a designer who is self-publishing a game, but for an up-and-coming company like Daily Magic Games, that system is not viable. At any point in time we are working on a dozen projects in various stages of completion.
- Villages of Valeria is leaving China soon.
- Quests of Valeria is being assembled at the printer.
- Merchants of Araby pre-press files being checked at the printer.
- Go Nuts for Donuts is in final file prep.
- Kitten Klash is at the printer.
- 10 Minute Heist pre-press files are being compiled.
- VCK Flames & Frost is on Kickstarter now!
- Food Truck Champion is in the art pipeline.
- Horizons is in the art pipeline.
- Sailing Towards Osiris: Dawn of Araby is in the art pipeline.
- Spaceways is in beta-testing.
- Alchemists of Araby is in beta-testing.
- Thrones of Valeria is in alpha-testing.
- Knights of Valeria is in alpha-testing.
In order to plan releases for the summer of 2017, we have to run the Kickstarter projects on a specific schedule and be sure all of the final files are to the printer ASAP. To accomplish that, our crowdfunding and release plans for the rest of 2016 looks something like this...
- Merchants of Araby: Funded on Kickstarter, Release June 2017
- Go Nuts for Donuts: Funded on Kickstarter, Release July 2017
- 10 Minute Heist: Funded on Kickstarter, Release July 2017
- Flames & Frost: On Kickstarter Now, Release August 2017
To some, this looks like a crazy schedule and we know there are backers from previous campaigns that will avoid these new projects because they think it's a risky schedule. We're hoping, however, that our track record for successfully completing and delivering previous projects will give you the confidence to support these new projects we have lined up for the rest of 2016, and that the forthright communications we present when projects do hit snags will assuage any fears that we're going to screw it all up.
- Swinging Jivecat Voodoo Lounge delivered one month late in December 2015 and is nearly sold out.
- Valeria: Card Kingdoms delivered on time in January 2016. The first print run sold out and the second print run was delivered to our warehouse in June 2016.
- ManaSurge delivered one month late in June 2016.
- Villages of Valeria is leaving China soon and is expected to reach the fulfillment hubs by Nov 30th and be delivered to backers by Dec 31st.
- Quests of Valeria is being assembled at the printer and looks to be on-track for delivery as-scheduled in February 2017.
- Merchants of Araby's files are in final prep and will be delivered to the printer by October 31st.
- Go Nuts for Donuts files are in final prep and will be delivered to the printer by October 31st.
- 10 Minute Heist: The Wizard's Tower is awaiting 16 pieces of new art unlocked during the campaign. We expect to deliver the final files to the printer by November 15th.
For us, our end-of-2016 schedule is a well-planned and necessary path to assure that our games are brought to market as soon as possible so that gamers like you can enjoy them.
Daily Magic Games is a designer-friendly and customer-focused publisher specializing in casual tabletop games that are easy to learn and play, yet layered with strategy and depth.
- Isaias Vallejo, Wizard-in-Chief, Game Designer, and Developer
- David MacKenzie, Conjurer and Game Developer
- Levi Mote, Alchemist, Game Designer, and Developer
- Sarah Sharp, Enchantress and Convention Event Planner
- Dylan Pharaoh-Whitney, Sorcerer and Graphic Designer
- Claire Donaldson, Illusionist, Illustrator, and Graphic Designer
We are focused on listening to what our customers have to say and making sure that we are producing the type of games you want at the high quality you demand. We are actively involved in the Comments section of each Kickstarter and keep backers up to date with plenty of updates post-Kickstarter. We like to make casual and gateway games in an effort to get more people to the table. Our games are easy to learn to help new players get in to the game faster, but they're also layered with strategy for the more seasoned players. We're based out of Seattle, Washington and like to focus on the growth and promotion of game design in the Pacific Northwest. We've even started a playtesting event network called playtestNW to help local designers meet each other and engage with playtesters on a regular basis. Our hope is that we're helping designers build better games.
Risks and challenges
Daily Magic Games is committed to delivering quality products on time. We realize that the publication of a board game can be complicated and, no matter how experienced the project creators and mangers are, some problems may occur. In an effort to reduce the likelihood of delays and mistakes, we have taken several steps to prepare for success:
1. This game project, as well as the Kickstarter campaign itself, are in the hands of two well-seasoned professionals. David MacKenzie has been running Kickstarter projects since 2010 (Alien Frontiers, Sunrise City, King's Forge, Swinging Jivecat Voodoo Lounge, Valeria: Card Kingdoms, ManaSurge, Villages of Valeria, Quests of Valeria, Merchants of Araby, Go Nuts For Donuts, 10 Minute Heist), and Isaias Vallejo comes from a digital games background as production and studio director at Big Fish Games and has designed several successful board games: Sunrise City, Valeria: Card Kingdoms, Villages of Valeria, and Quests of Valeria.
2. We are dedicated to backer communication and feedback. Throughout every campaign, we are as transparent about the process and as open to feedback as possible without jeopardizing production and delivery timelines.
3. We have done significant pre-production. All the art and graphic design for Flames & Frost are completed with the exception of the stretch goals content. The art and design for the stretch goals content has been sketched out and is ready to push forward as soon as each goal is achieved.
4. We have our manufacturer lined up and ready to begin the pre-press process as soon as the the files are delived. We hope that everything goes as planned, but if something falls through the cracks, we are ready and willing to employ every tool at our disposal to get the project back on track and running smoothly.
Thank you for your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (17 days)