Thieves Den is set in the magical Victorian world of Amarynth, a world last seen in 10 Minute Heist: The Wizard’s Tower.
Our boss got pinched in a cunning ruse put on by the city magistrate. Now, it’s up to all of us, the Master Thieves, to see who can gain the most prestige and become the new boss. We’ll need to scout choice locations, send thieves to nab treasures, sell ill-gotten gains to underworld fences, and even deal with that terrible witch to increase our reputation. Certain treasures can also be bartered for special power to Alazar, the wizard, so he can stash it away in his tower. Someday, we're going to have to find a way to steal that stuff back again!
The game is played over three rounds and each round is divided into three phases:
- Scouting Phase - Acquire new Location cards.
- Thieving Phase - Use your Thieves or Treasures to take actions.
- Cleanup Phase - Reset the game board for a new round.
Each player starts the Scouting Phase with a hand of four location cards. Players each secretly draft one card and then pass the hand to the next player. Players simultaneously reveal their drafted card, placing it face-up above their player board. Continue drafting, passing, and revealing until all players have drafted 3 Location cards. The final Location card in each hand is returned to the bottom of the Location Deck.
The Thieving Phase is where players send their Thieves (workers) out to steal Treasures from the Location cards, sell Treasures to the Fences for prestige points, and take various other actions. Each player performs one action on their turn and the round continues until all players have passed. Using your Thief on an opponent's location transfers that worker to your opponent while using your own location cards keeps the Thief under your control. Sending your Thief to a Fence or using it on one of the action spaces on the game board sends the worker back to the supply.
During the Cleanup Phase, players retrieve Thieves they control, lose Thieves and Treasures sent to the Fences, stash the Fences they used and the Location cards they drafted, and pare down their Treasures and Thieves if they're over the limits.
After three complete rounds, the game is over and secret end-game scoring opportunities from Location Scheme cards and Fence Collections are tallied up. The player with the most prestige is the new Boss Thief of Amarynth.
When the Master Thieves stop playing it safe and take on risky ventures like pickpocketing at the city's various festivals and risking their gains at the dockside gambling ship, they take their chances and hope that fortune favors the bold.
This Thieves Den expansion starts off with a set of five custom dice, five festival cards (art in progress), and a gambling ship tile that sits over a section of the original game board adding a new dice-based mechanic to the game.
That's just the start though, every stretch goal in this project (unless otherwise noted) will add to the FFtB expansion, making it bigger and better as each goal is achieved.
The backer rewards for Thieves Den will be fulfilled by Ship Naked through their regional hubs. This means that this project is EU Friendly, AU Friendly, CA Friendly, and USA Friendly. If you're a backer in one of those areas and you have to pay taxes or import fees to receive your rewards, just send us a copy of the payment receipts and you'll be reimbursed.
Daily Magic Games has spent the last three years building a community of gamers here on Kickstarter and we want to give those loyal backers an opportunity to get Thieves Den and it's expansion, Fortune Favors the Bold, before everyone else.
We guarantee that we will not sell this product to non-backers at conventions, retail stores, or online stores until after backer rewards have been shipped out. Stores who ARE backers will receive their pledged stock at the same time as individual backers and are free to make pre-release sales to their customers. Pre-orders taken before backer fulfillment will be shipped after backer rewards are in the mail.
If you've missed out on our previous Kickstarter projects, you can pre-order some of the Kickstarter versions from our Pre-Orders Page.
Daily Magic Games is a designer-friendly and customer-focused publisher specializing in casual tabletop games that are easy to learn and play, yet layered with strategy and depth.
- Isaias Vallejo, Wizard-in-Chief: Game Designer and Developer
- David MacKenzie, Conjurer: Project Manager and Game Developer
- Levi Mote, Alchemist: Game Designer and Developer
- Sarah Sharp, Enchantress: Editor and Convention Support
- Dylan Pharaoh-Whitney, Sorcerer: Graphic Designer
We're based in Seattle, Washington and like to promote the growth of game design in the Pacific Northwest. To this end, we created a playtesting event network called PlaytestNW to help local designers meet each other and engage with playtesters at regularly occurring convention and meetup events. Our goal is to help designers build better games.
Risks and challenges
Daily Magic Games is committed to delivering quality products and we've have taken several steps to prepare for success:
1. We guarantee that we will not sell this product to non-backers at conventions, retail stores, or online stores until after backer rewards have been shipped out. Stores who ARE backers will receive their pledged stock at the same time as individual backers. Pre-orders taken before backer fulfillment will be shipped after backers rewards are in the mail.
2. We recently found that our existing project management procedures were not sufficient to handle the increasing work-load associated with our production volume and international appeal. We have implemented a more detailed procedure to help us keep all of our projects on track.
3. We are dedicated to backer communication and feedback. Throughout every campaign, we are as transparent about the process and as open to feedback as possible without jeopardizing production and delivery timelines.
4. We have done significant pre-production. All the art and graphic design files for this project's base game are completed and those files have been turned over to our publication partners for translations. Only the expansion stretch goal content and translations will need to be completed when the campaign ends.
5. We hope that everything goes as planned, but if something falls through the cracks, we are ready and willing to employ every tool at our disposal to get the project back on track and running smoothly.
Thank you for your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)