In Crabs!, you and your fellow crabbers will be catching, raising, and selling crabs to the market for points. Get ready to gather your gear and head to the beach, where vendors are lining up to collect the crabs you catch. Choose your prizes wisely, and you might just shell out the shellfish they need. Race to snatch up as many crabs as you can, or upgrade your gear to improve your chances of nabbing yourself a star. Compete with your friends to find out who is the true crabbing king.
Shuffle up the crab cards and deal out a hand of cards to each player and then form the crab pool. Players will then take turns trying to raise or catch the right crabs to sell to the market.
The first player to accumulate 25 points on their turn triggers the final round. Whoever has the most points by the end of that round, wins the game.
This 30mb PDF file contains the draft rules, and all of the cards. Everything you need to play Crabs! Click here to download it now.
Be sure to post a comment about your game experiences so that other backers can admire your catch of crustaceans.
- 24 Vendor cards
- Up to 5 available personalized Vendor cards
- 60 Crab cards
- 24 Vendor cards
- 5 Reference cards
- 1 Crabbing Permit
- 5 Crab tokens
Kickstarter Limited Exclusive:
- 1 Screen-printed 1st Player token
- 5 Extra Vendor Cards
- 5 Crab Promo Cards for Food Truck Champion
We have several cool stretch goals planned and will reveal them as the campaign continues. If you have any suggestions/ideas, we are excited to hear them! Please post them in the comments section on what you'd like to see in the game.
We like to support game stores by offering the Kickstarter versions of our games to retailers during the campaign. We know money can be tight for retailers, so the amount you pledge today is only a deposit on the full amount. We'll send you an invoice for the remainder before we ship your rewards. We treat retailer backers just like other backers in that they receive their rewards before we release the regular retail versions into distribution, giving you a head start on your competition. You can see the Retailer 12-Pack pledge level in the right-side column of this project page.
Every game we create is a discrete project with its own development schedule and it's own budget of production and marketing expenses. We bring each project to Kickstarter to give you, our fans and supporters, the opportunity to help us put the final touches on the game and to reserve your copies at the time when it will do the game the most good, both financially and creatively.
Some say that a creator should not launch a new project until their previous project is completed and delivered. That system might work for a designer who is self-publishing a game, but for an up-and-coming company like Daily Magic Games, that system is not viable. At any point in time we are working on a dozen projects in various stages of completion. Right now, for example...
Merchants of Araby delivered to most backers 2 months early, was debuted at Origins 2017, and hits retail stores on July 26th.
10 Minute Heist: The Wizard's Tower delivered to most backers 2 months early, will debut at GenCon 2017, and hits retail stores on September 20th.
Valeria: Card Kingdoms – Flames & Frost is shipping now to most backers, will debut at GenCon 2017, and hits retail stores in October.
Food Truck Champion is at the printer and we expect to deliver to backers in October. We also expect to debut Food Truck Champion at EssenSpiel 2017 and release it to retail stores in November.
Sailing Toward Osiris is finishing translations into German, French, and Spanish.
Crabs! is on Kickstarter now.
Horizons is in the hands of game reviewers and is coming to Kickstarter on August 29th.
Sarah’s Singularity is in final testing and is scheduled for Kickstarter in 4Q2017.
Alchemea is in beta testing and is scheduled for Kickstarter in 1Q2018.
Corsairs: A Valeria Adventure is in beta testing.
Spaceways is in beta testing.
Chocolatiers is in alpha testing.
Peddlers is in alpha testing.
We're hoping that our track record for successfully completing and delivering previous projects will give you the confidence to support Crabs!, and that the forthright communications we present when projects do hit snags will assuage any fears that we're going to screw it all up.
Daily Magic Games is a designer-friendly and customer-focused publisher specializing in casual tabletop games that are easy to learn and play, yet layered with strategy and depth.
- Isaias Vallejo, Wizard-in-Chief, Game Designer, and Developer
- David MacKenzie, Conjurer, Game Developer, and Prototyper
- Levi Mote, Alchemist, Game Designer, and Developer
- Sarah Sharp, Enchantress and Convention Event Planner
- Dylan Pharaoh-Whitney, Sorcerer and Graphic Designer
- Claire Donaldson, Illusionist, Illustrator, and Graphic Designer
We are focused on listening to what our customers have to say and making sure that we are producing the type of games you want at the high quality you demand. We are actively involved in the Comments section of each Kickstarter and keep backers up to date with plenty of updates post-Kickstarter. We like to make casual and gateway games in an effort to get more people to the table. Our games are easy to learn to help new players get in to the game faster, but they're also layered with strategy for the more seasoned players. We're based out of Seattle, Washington and like to focus on the growth and promotion of game design in the Pacific Northwest. We've even started a playtesting event network called PlaytestNW to help local designers meet each other and engage with playtesters on a regular basis. Our hope is that we're helping designers build better games.
Risks and challenges
Daily Magic Games is committed to delivering quality products on time. We realize that the publication of a board game can be complicated and, no matter how experienced the project creators and mangers are, some problems may occur. In an effort to reduce the likelihood of delays and mistakes, we have taken several steps to prepare for success:
1. This game project, as well as the Kickstarter campaign itself, are in the hands of two well-seasoned professionals. David MacKenzie has been running successful Kickstarter projects since 2010 (Alien Frontiers started the gaming frenzy on Kickstarter), and Isaias Vallejo comes from a digital games background as Executive Producer at Big Fish Games and has designed several successful board games (Sunrise City and the "Valeria" series of games).
2. We are dedicated to backer communication and feedback. Throughout every campaign, we are as transparent about the process and as open to feedback as possible without jeopardizing production and delivery timelines. Whether the news is good or bad, you can expect us to report it honestly and openly.
3. We have done significant pre-production. All the art and graphic design for Crabs! are completed with the exception of the stretch goals content. The art and design for the stretch goals content has been sketched out and is ready to push forward as soon as each goal is achieved.
4. We have our manufacturer lined up and ready to begin the pre-press process as soon as the files are delivered. We hope that everything goes as planned, but if something falls through the cracks, we are ready and willing to employ every tool at our disposal to get the project back on track and running smoothly.
Thank you for your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (17 days)