Teapot 'Rap It Up' Animated Video Game
"Teapot- Rap It Up!" is a video game that teaches rhythm and timing but mostly it's just a whole lot of fun for kids and adults!
Who is Teapot and Why is He So Special?
Teapot is a cute gutsy kid determined to be a star despite all the people that telling him to give it up. He's the baddest rapper to ever spit it and get away wit it! And by baddest- we really mean bad...but he is trying! He is an inspiration for every kid or adult who ever had a dream. Originally Teapot was featured as a cartoon on Nickelodeon's 'Random Cartoons,' created by voice actor Greg Eagles (Grim on Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy) and designer Dahveed! (Smorgasbord Productions, creator of Mad Beanz! and Supa Pirate Booty Hunt). The animated short featured the vocal talents of Greg Eagles and the incomparable comedienne Cathy Lewis. Although the cartoon short generated rave reviews from kids and parents Nickelodeon did not green light it as a series. But the creators have been working hard to take Teapot's dreams to the next level. Now you can help us and Teapot reach our goal!
What is the Teapot 'Rap It Up' Video Game?
For the game we have reunited the original creative team from the cartoon! The goal for the game was to keep all the cool style and flavor of the original animation but to make it interactive and fun for both kids and adults. With "Teapot Rap-it-Up" the player uses his/her skills of timing and rhyme to guide Teapot through multiple stages, following his lyrics and selecting the correct words in time with the beat. You help Teapot as he advances from practicing in his bedroom, to performing on the street corner, to finally performing in front of his idol, the rapper Silkbone. This game will be a casual game that teaches children timing and rhyme with kid friendly songs and characters but should be equally enjoyable for adults.
Why We Need Your Support
Animation and programming is a very time consuming endeavor. As an independent studio we have no backing and everyone has been putting in their time for free. Although we have come very far so far we still have a long way to go.
We spent the last two years developing the game and now have a PLAYABLE DEMO of the first round. It is far from perfect and we are making improvements every day. Even if you choose not to back our project please play the game and give us your feedback.
As a group of artists, I feel we have come up with some very creative rewards for our backers. We want to give our backers the chance to GET ANIMATED and be drawn as animated characters in the game itself! Since you are helping us make 'Teapot Rap It Up' a reality we want to make you a STAR as well! If there are other ways we can reward you please just let us know.
What the Money is Used For
Depending upon how much we raise we will be able to do the following:
- Minimum of $2,500. This is our initial goal for Kickstarter although we definitely hope to go higher. At this level we will be able to finalize the current level of the game and the game's animated opening. We will be able to work out all the bugs of our game. These funds would go towards paying a small amount to our animation and programming crew and using the remainder for developer licenses to get a free demo of the game online and onto the iPhone and iPad app store.
- $5,000. With this amount we can expand the game to include another rap and level of the game. This will also cover a developer license to make the game available on Android.
- $25,000. We will be able to expand the game into FIVE levels with new characters: Stage 1 (Bedroom)
Teapot practices with the feedback of his best friend Bouche. Stage 2 (Street
Corner) Teapot performs to raise cab fair. Passerby comments on Teapot’s rap and if he scores high, gives Teapot
$ so he can and Bouche can hop on a taxi and ride down to Power Records.
Stage 3 (Power Records- Back of Line) Teapot raps for a bigger crowd, who if they like his rap, toss him to the front of the line. Stage 4 (Power Records- in front of Silkbone) Teapot would rap for his idol Silkbone, who would then comment on his rap and if he scores high, Teapot would advance to the next level and perform on stage for a large crowd. Stage 5 (Center Stage) Teapot is in the spotlight on stage opening a big show. He could either get boos, laughs or applause. Maybe even gets tomatoes thrown at him if he does badly. This version would involve over ten characters that would need to be animated.
- $50,000. We can begin incorporating new features at this level as well as expand the game onto other game platforms including PSP and more!
- $100,000 or higher. We would expand the game play, not only more raps and levels but New Features. While I can not tell you everything some of these features would include New style bonuses, Additional playable characters even user-generated characters, Special outfits that can be unlocked, and several popular performing artists making appearances.
There is no limit with this project and we are committed to making 'Teapot Rap It Up' better and better. We will strive to make it a rewarding experience for all involved. With great music, animation and humor this is guaranteed to be a game that is as fun to watch as play!
With your help Teapot’s dream and our dream will become reality.
Thank you for your support!
Check Us Out Online
- More information on ‘Teapot’ and Smorgasbord Productions can be found online at http://www.TeapotCartoon.com and http://www.SmorgasbordProductions.com
- The original Teapot Nickelodeon cartoon can also be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcHcDzhSPqc
- A game demo can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYJ-BibsRoY
- The playable demo can be played at http://www.TeapotCartoon.com/teapotgamedemo.html
Hey guys, the Teapot Rap Party has passed but we decided to add a NEW REWARD where we will throw a party JUST FOR YOU!!!
PLEASE HELP US MAKE OUR GOAL!! WE ARE CLOSE!!
- (30 days)