About this project
The Spinward Traveller Kickstarter is over but this is just the beginning of our adventurer together. Please stop by the d20E website to at http://d20entertainment.com or Far Future Enterprises for news on the Traveller RPG at http://www.farfuture.net
Possible Spinward Traveller Show Opening
SPINWARD TRAVELLER Clip#1
SPINWARD TRAVELLER Clip#2
SPINWARD TRAVELLER Clip#3
SPINWARD TRAVELLER Clip#4
SPINWARD TRAVELLER Clip#5
SPINWARD TRAVELLER Clip#6
(more on the way every few days- check back)
These are not the final product. They are simply shot to give you a feeling of where we want to go. With a larger budget, we can build sets, get better props and costumes. So please help us spread the word. I can't wait to see how far we get! Thank you for your help.
For daily updates log on to Facebook... https://www.facebook.com/SpinwardTraveller
If you are interested in an add-on below just add the value below to your current pledge.
- Available for backers
- Crew Shirt (Full color)*............. $30 / $38 International
- Personal UPP Shirt *................ $30 / $38 International
- 25mm Miniature of Beowulf .... $25 / $32 International
- Digital soundtrack of Show..... $15
- 16cm Resin Beowulf............... $105 / $140 International
- Unpainted PROP RESIN BP-11 STAPLEGUN...... $105 / $140 International
- Digital PDF Script.................... $50 (once it has been signed off on by the producers)
- Available for backers who pledged $30 or more
Crew Shirt (Full color)*....................... $20
- Personal UPP Shirt* .......................... $20
- 25mm Miniature of Beowulf ............ $20
- Digital soundtrack of Show............... $15
- Additional copy of the show DVD.... $20
- Additional poster of the show.......... $10
- 16cm Resin Beowulf........................ $100
- Unpainted PROP RESIN BP-11 STAPLEGUN...... $100
- Available for backers who pledged $100 or more backers
- Everything in lower add-on packages
- Additional copy of the show DVD (signed).... $20
- Additional poster of the show (signed).......... $10
- Available for backers who pledged $1000 or more backers
- Everything in lower add-on packages
- Script Supervision........................................ $150
If you purchase this add-on, please send a message to us letting us know you increased your pledge, this will determine your number value in the limited edition limited print run. Number values are assigned first come first serve.
- Confirmation List for 16mm Resin Beowulf
- 1. Jussi Myllyluoma 2. Patrick Dohoney
- 3. Joy Cohn 4. Larry Lynch Freshner
- 5. Brian Robinette 6. Michael Hicklin
- 7. Patrick Dandrea 8. Stormquiss
- 9. Perry Charles Horner 10. David Bullock
- 11. Dean S. Anderson 12. Brian Carrigan
- 13. Paul Jarman 14. Keith Bell
- 15. Shadowsmith 16. GDALYA
- 17. Robert Stagmier 18. Jon Wright
- 19. Bradley Swan 20. Jay Slattery
21.Mario Butter 22. Hemdian
- 23.Steven LeMay 24.Mitch Hirz
- 25. Michael Casavant 26. John Berry
- 27. E.F. 28. Your name HERE!
Jon Spinward is a prominent starship cargo broker, kidnapped by a crew of pirates. But making a living raiding other starships is a hard life, and Jon must navigate this group of rogues and misfits in hopes of turning them into a legitimate far-trader business. Together, this band of unlikely allies must dodge competing pirates, navigate labyrinthian Imperial procedures, and the dangers of the empire’s border sector. Once they do, then maybe Jon can turn a profit and finally get a passage ticket back home.
Or maybe he might discover something more important than money out there in the frontier.
Starring: Samantha Swords, Brian Lewis, John Wells, Kristin Pelletier, Alexandra Whitman, Jenny Simmons, Sawyer Krause & Jessica Russo.
Producer: Ken Whitman
Executive Producer: Marc Miller
Studio: d20 Entertainment
"Traveller" is the grandaddy of all science fiction role-playing games, first published in 1977 by Game Designers' Workshop and subsequent editions by various companies remaining in print to this day. It is estimated that over 9 million people have played Traveller in its 35 year existence. Characters in the game typically journey between various star systems and engage in activities such as exploration, ground and space battles, and interstellar trading.
We are d20 Entertainment (d20E), creators of the Brothers Barbarian Web Series (in its second season.) Our production company, located in Brandenburg Kentucky, is currently crafting a variety of entertainments specializing in niche markets. The KODT Live Action Series (our previous Kickstarter) is the first of several we are generating for the geek culture.
Meet Ken Whitman
- At our base goal of $30k, we can produce a short theatrical format movie: around 22 minutes long.
- At $60k, we can double the show length to around 44 minutes (which counts, under the various motion picture definitions, as feature-length).
- At $90k, we can make this an extended story at around 88 minutes.
- At $120k, we can make this a truly memorable experience at 96 minutes.
Let’s be clear: We’re making a science-fiction movie. It has great characters and a great story, but it is also going to have what you expect in a story set in the far future: starships flitting through space, space battles, planets looming in the background, alien landscapes, alien beasts, strange cityscapes, and weird atmospheres.
- When (not IF, when) we reach the $60k goal, not only will you get the 44 minute movie/show, you will get a digital download of the Spinward theme song. If you pledged $30 or more, you will also get a genuine Beowulf Free Trader starship Crew ID card, embossed with (random) crew classification and (random) UPP.
When we reach the $90k goal, not only will you get the 88 minute movie/show, you will get a full-color digital download of the crew characters with images and Traveller RPG stats. If you pledged $60 or more, you will also get a (printed) deck plan of the Beowulf Free Trader starship deck plan AND the secret appendix detailing the differences between the video’s ship and the standard starship.
- When we reach the $120k goal, not only will you get the 96 minute movie/show, you will get a 16 page full-color digital download comic starring the Beowulf crew on an adventure in the Spinward Marches in Traveller universe.
Below is a list of movie props that you can add to your Traveller reward/war chest. E-mail us here on Kickstarter and let us know what you are willing to pay for the prop. However, other backers may outbid you. We will stop all bids at 10pm EST on July 15th. You will simply add the winning value to your original pledge. (Note: all props will come with a Letter of Authenticity)
Slug Thrower used by a Tam (resin)
$70---- Keith Watt
- Aslan facial mask and ears $50---- John runyan
- Captain's Cutlass $70---- Robert Stagmier
- Mika's Sword $55---- Christina Shirley
- Doctor's Medical scanner (resin) $50---- Lucas Amodio
- Jon's Wristwatch $50---- Lucas Amodio
- Android's Contacts (new-not used) $?---- Your name here!
If there are any other props you may be interested in, just ask! Remember, you will not be charged for the item if the Kickstarter is not funded... so please submit a nice large bid! :-)
We need your help. Help us spread the word. Share and post about the project frequently, and keep checking back for updates every few days.
Brian Lewis, an actor from Seattle, is known for his roles as Cass in "The Gamers": Dorkness Rising and "The Gamers": Hands of Fate. He was also in the popular web series called "JourneyQuest" where he played CarroW. He can also be seen in the second seasons of both "&@" the up coming Job Hunters, and the third season of "Standard Action". Lewis is a member of Dead Gentlemen Productions, responsible for a lot of beloved content popular in the gaming community. He also enjoys doing voice over work and is looking forward to working on a few video games in the near future.
Samantha is an artist, writer and film maker from Blue Mountains, Australia. Inspired by the Lord of the Rings, she moved to New Zealand straight after high school where she worked with the world-acclaimed Weta Workshop producing props, armour, costumes, creatures, prosthetics, sculptures, miniatures and various other special effects for many successful motion pictures.
As well as being a craftswoman, Samantha loves to act for stage and screen. With a passion for adventure and personal combat, she now draws on her physical skills for more action-based roles. Samantha specializes in medieval longsword, with which she won a championship tournament in 2013. She is an instructor in European/Western Martial Arts, and her current training is focused around the use of force in violent, real world confrontations.
A geek at heart, Samantha's favorite forms of entertainment include "Baldur's Gate", "Mass Effect", and most anything by Joss Whedon. Some of the larger films Samantha has worked on include "The Hobbit Trilogy", "Chronicles of Narnia", "Superman: Man of Steel", "District 9" and "Elysium".
When she's not buried deeply in film production, Samantha still creates her own work, as well as producing a steady abundance of dragons. Her personal projects include a graphic novel series, film scripts and several children's stories.
She can be found tweeting @SamanthaSwords, and her blog is samanthaswords.tumblr.com
Born in Louisville Kentucky, Wells is well acclaimed for his dynamic versatility, expressive features, and willfulness and ability to immerse himself completely into a character. In 2011, he won Best Actor at the 2011 International Fright Night Film Festival, as well as the award for Best One-Liner for his work in the sci-fi comedy/action feature, "Overtime". In April 2014, he won Best Actor for his performance in the supernatural short noir film, "The Paper Tiger", at the Floyd Film Festival. In addition to acting, Wells works as a certified personal fitness trainer.
Jenny has been in love with acting since she was a little girl, after being raised in a “theater” family. She came to The Hardin County Playhouse in Kentucky, in 2001 as a shy, quiet 10-year old playing an extra in "To Kill a Mockingbird". She immediately found her passion and her self there, quickly moving on to much more challenging and exciting roles. Some of her favorites include: Rhoda Penmark in “The Bad Seed”, Dorothy in “The Wizard of Oz”, Gloria Upson in “Auntie Mame”, Gertrude McFuzz in “Seussical”, Sally in “You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown”, Leisl in “The Sound of Music”, Ophelia in “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum”, and being in the ensembles of “I love you, You’re Perfect, Now Change”, and “The Laramie Project”. Jenny loves the arts especially acting and singing. She also enjoys movies, drawing, hanging out and spending time with her pets. Her favorite movie is "The Departed".
Jessica has been acting for three years and has worked on such productions as" One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest", "Gypsy", "The Rocky Horror Show","Macbeth", "Les Miserables", and" Brothers Barbarian". In addition to the performing arts she enjoys competing in pageants and was crowned Mrs. Kentucky International 2014.
Alexandra Whitman has been acting since she was nine years old. Since then, she has been very active in school and community theater. Some of her favorite past roles include: Ariel in "The Little Mermaid", Dainty June in "Gypsy", Elizabeth in "Frankenstein", and Mrs. Potts in "Beauty and the Beast". "Spinward Traveller" is her second film project, her first being "Brothers Barbarian", where she played the character of Grandma.
When she isn't acting, Alexandra enjoys focusing on academics. She has won multiple academic awards. Her favorite subjects in school are Speech and Mandarin Chinese.
Kristin tried out for a few plays, but at 6'3", roles were scarce. Besides playing Mrs. Soames in "Our Town", she spent many hours in the theater creating costumes, posters and storyboards. She has finally found a suitable role as Tamhtadlieqr (Tam for short), the very tall Zhodani .
Kristin, a fashion designer and model, has spent the last few years in the Denver fashion scene. She was also a custom tattoo artist for many years before making the switch into acting and stage production.
Sawyer Krause began acting at age seven, playing such roles as Lady Olivia from "Twelfth Night" and The Artful Dodger from "Oliver Twist.” She has studied at Second City and The Stella Adler Studio of New York (where she played Juliet in "Romeo and Juliet"), and has played Audrey Mackenzie in IBS Production’s "Little Lotto", and Mrs. Beauregard from "Willie Wonka." Sawyer is a sophomore at University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, where she recently starred as Mia in the two-person "I’d Rather Have A Tail."
Risks and challenges
•For those of you visiting our set, we anticipate shooting in October in Brandenburg KY 2014. However, this has the potential to change. We will keep you updated so you can plan ahead to visit us.
• SAG/AFTRA members are not eligible to become cast members or extras.
•You must be over 18 or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (who will count as your plus one) to be an extra in the film.
•Some rewards may require additional paperwork. If you are appearing in the film or are on set during shooting, you will have to sign a release.
•The final cut of the film may have to be further edited in certain cases to adhere to the laws in the country which it is being viewed, or for different types of media.
•All shooting locations, are subject to change for a variety of reasons, including the amount of money we are able to raise and the particular locations giving us the right to shoot.
•This fundraising campaign is subject to applicable Kickstarter rules/regulations, movie guild rules and applicable law. if any of this conflicts, we will work with you in good faith to give you a substitute reward.
Movie making is a crazy business, with a lot of unknown factors. We start with a script, assemble the best team possible, get insurance, get everything approved by Far Future, and make contingency plans. It's impossible to guarantee everything will come together exactly as planned, but in the end, we will have created a movie that hopefully all of us can be proud of.
Traveller is © 1977- 2014 Far Future Enterprises. The Spinward Traveller Series is licensed to d20 Entertainment, LLC.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (44 days)