~~~~Please give the DEMO a try!~~~~
This Cyberpunk-styled game is inspired by the gameplay of Game Dev Tycoon and the aesthetic of VA-11 HALL-A, sci-fi, and lofi city beats!
- Windows, Mac, and Linux versions of the game across Steam!
- iOS and Android ports
- Switch, PS4, and Xbox One ports
- Languages: Spanish, German, French, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Russian and Portuguese.
- Explore a Sci-Fi city in a dystopian, cyberpunk future
- Manage your expenses, make drinks, advertise, and expand to further your popularity
- Meet and befriend your regulars as your popularity grows to learn about the personal lives of androids, noir detectives, augmented humans, and more in visual novel-style dialogues.
- Enjoy a selection of chill, jazzhop, and lofi beats!
- Deck out your room, from a barren closet to a luxurious sci-fi abode.
- Day and night cycles √
- Rain! √
- More areas and businesses to explore and acquire, including an advertising stand, a cafe, a diner, a nightclub, and the android, drone, and cybernetics giant Syn Corp. headquarters.
- Original lofi tracks to enjoy
- Augmentations for upgrades to yourself and your employees.
- Unique gameplay events interwoven with the stories in the VN segments √
- Even more interesting regulars with unique backstories
This is our first game, but we're going to be dedicated to providing frequent updates so you can follow along development with us! We hope the demo we released is a good demonstration both of our progress so far and of the aesthetic we're aiming for!
Welcome to Syn City, a sprawling city largely controlled by Syn Corp. whose innovations in cybernetics, artificial intelligence, and virtual reality have put it in a monopolistic position of power.
You own a humble bar in a desolate corner of the city...at least for now.
You begin with a barren bar with five stools, a countertop, and a handful of customers, some of whom will become your regulars who will order the usual and tell you stories. As you grow, you can begin to market and advertise, increase prices, and make new drinks to expand your menu and increase revenue. You can then upgrade your bar to increase your popularity even more, until you're a thriving business!
As you progress throughout the game, you will attract the attention of certain customers who will become regulars at your bar. Each of them has their own stories to tell exploring themes like reality and humanity in a world of androids and human augmentation in visual novel-style segments that progress as your bar grows.
These are just the mechanics that can be experienced right now in the demo, right HERE. We have lots more planned, like the ability to expand to other businesses like cafes, diners, nightclubs, and eventually ownership of the powerful, monopolistic company Syn Corp.
What will we do with the money?
- The money will go towards supporting our team working full time on making the game as great as possible!
- Beyond the initial kickstarter goal funds will go towards fulfilling stretch goals, such as commissioning original Lofi tracks and purchasing an Android device so we can develop for that platform as well.
- With enough funds we'd love to bring more developers onto the team as well so we can create even more content!
- Our team is lacking in modeling experience, so funds will also be directed to the commissioning of cyberpunk and environment models or, if we raise enough, dedicated team members for the creation of such game art.
- $3500 - Android version √
- $5000 - Original lofi compositions made for the game by various artists to enjoy √
- $6000 - Unique skins and tracks exclusively for Kickstarter backers!
- $7500 - Unlockable cheat codes and a Mansion(final home upgrade) exclusively for Kickstarter backers!
- $10000 - Choose your own adventure stories - Your decisions will lead the story in different directions with unique dialogues and endings!
- $12500 - A community-designed character and plot exclusively for the founder's edition!
- $15000 - Dialogue/Scenario editor to make your own visual-novel style sci-fi stories!
Thank you so much for taking a look at my project, this has been and will continue to be a labor of love, made all the better with your support!
Join our Discord here: https://discord.gg/5kabBEF
*Note on pledges: I'll use my discretion to reject names that are offensive, politically charged, or overly outlandish. Additionally I'll be working together with those who want to contribute their own story to the game so it fits well with the game, again using discretion to ensure it is tame and enjoyable!
**Lastly backers of the Founders Edition will also have their name added to the NPC name generator, so customers/employees have a chance to be named after Founders.
Risks and challenges
This is our second, and final, attempt to fund Cyberpunk Bar Sim. As such we have the same risks of green game developers working on their first project, namely with regards to development time and the viability of features. And of course the risk that we fall to the same pitfalls of the first kickstarter. We plan on giving frequent updates on progress and news as we continue to develop.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)