Obduction is here!
We know it’s hard to believe — for us, too! We should have done an update in the last couple days to let you know all was well, but… well… we’ve been really, really busy.
So, here’s the scoop…
- You should be receiving an email from us today (actually one email for each copy of Obduction you signed up for). The email will direct you to the Humble Store, but don’t be confused. You will start at their site and then proceed to the location (Steam, GoG, or Humble) you chose to download the game.
- Your code(s) will get you access to a Windows / Mac version of Obduction. (Note: the Mac version is not available for sale yet — it is only available to Kickstarter Backers as an early release.)
- The VR (Rift) version of Obduction is coming soon. Sorry for the slight delay, but it needs a bit more optimizations and some UI polishing. The good news is that your code will also give you the full VR version. Everyone who gets the game will get the VR version. No questions asked, no hidden fees or handling charges. ;) We don’t have an exact ship date for it, yet. We’ve got an update already underway that we’ll be testing as a possible candidate for VR release. We’ll keep you updated on the VR progress.
- Obduction is beautiful and complex. Remember that you'll want to find your preferred balance between the best looking graphics and the frame-rate. In the game you can hit the ESC key for the settings -- and adjust as necessary.
- There will be plenty of upcoming updates to fix all the nasty little things that crop up.
Some of the other digital Backer rewards will also be part of your download if you’re eligible. Everybody gets a User Manual. Higher Backers get more goodies. (Physical Backer rewards will be coming later.)
Those of you who are eligible to get Robyn Miller’s Obduction Sound Track will also receive it as part of their download. The tracks are high-quality versions of all of Robyn’s amazing Obduction music. If the soundtrack was not part of your reward tier, it’s available for purchase here!
If you’re not worried about spoilers you can check out our Launch Trailer! It definitely reveals a few things, but we needed something that teased a bit more for people who might be undecided. Feel free to pass the link on to friends and family who might be interested. We could really use your help to spread the word!
Thanks again for the wonderful support. It’s been a long haul - almost three years. Thanks for the patience and trust. We hope you enjoy your new worlds!
Well enough wasting your time. Refresh your email, and see if you have your download info yet!
Oh, and take your time exploring - there’s no hurry! ;)
The Obduction Team
(And some of you may see the weird "save" word again at the bottom of this page - from Kickstarter...)Save