*Roll to the Top! Laminate* + *Roll to the Top&Bottom*
In this game, 2 to 5 climbers race to complete their climbing challenge. Use the different dice (4, 6, 8, 12, 20 sided) smartly!
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Wed, December 19 2018 8:00 PM UTC +00:00.
This crowdfund is for different things, all will be made:
*Roll To The Top&Bottom* special challenge
-- 30 sheets pad or 5 laminated sheets.
- *Roll to the Top! Laminate* with laminated sheets and dry-erase markers
-- Base game (6 different Challenges, 5 sheet sides for each Challenge)
-- SPECIALS pack (includes the new *Roll To The Top&Bottom*).
See the 2nd pledge level for upgrading your *Roll to the Top!* 1st edition.
Laminate production costs are higher, delivery costs (weight) lower, so the base game plus SPECIALS pack is only EUR 22,- including delivery!
NEW SPECIAL CHALLENGE FOR BOTH EDITIONS:
- 1 pad with 30 *Roll to the Top&Bottom* sheets for the 1st edition, see the 1st pledge level.
- Included in the *Roll to the Top! Laminate SPECIALS pack*, see in the 4th pledge level.
- 15 double-sided laminated A6 sheets: 5 sides for each of 6 different challenges:
Burj Khalifa / Pyramid / Eiffel Tower / Matterhorn / Tree / Space Needle
- 5 dice: D4 / D6 / D8 / D12 / D20
- 1 custom die with 2x ' + ', 2x ' - ', 1x ' -/+ ' and 1x exchange sign
- 5 dry-erase markers with erasor.
15 double-sided laminated A6 sheets: 5 sides for each of 6 different SPECIAL challenges:
Wooden House: Long squares and wide squares.
Art to the Top: Long, wide and both longer&wider squares.
Heydar Center: Partly Increasing mode and partly Decreasing mode.
Roll Your Own: Make your own challenge!
- Cube House: Start spaces are at different heights.
Roll To The Top&Bottom: Start in the middle, Increase up, Decrease down.
GOAL OF THE GAME: Fill in all the squares on your sheet!
MAIN RULES: Fill in numbers from the bottom to the top, with each new number higher than or equal to each number underneath.
Simultaneously, all players can use the rolled dice to fill in their numbers. The squares can contain a number from 1 die or the sum of 2 or more dice. You can also skip 1 or more dice.
Use the capricious 4, 6, 8, 12 and 20 sided dice the best!
Try out your climbing skills with *Roll-to-the-Top!* online. Play 2-player-matches and tournaments or practice against the AI. Easy at first, but you soon discover new depths.
Backers get full access to Roll-to-the-Top! online, 1 per backed game. (USD 2.99 otherwise)
We reached EUR 7K, so the *Roll to the Top&Bottom* special challenge and *Roll To The Top! Laminate* edition with laminated SPECIALS pack all get produced!!!!!
DON'T USE THE 1st EDITION MARKERS ON LAMINATED SHEETS!
-- Writing with "normal" markers doesn't work: the ink doesn't attach to flat plastic.
-- And the part of the ink that does attach doesn't wipe away well.
((tested with the factory's laminate samples))
RAHDO'S FINAL THOUGHTS:
"... so fast and so compelling, so compulsive and so deceptively simple."
RAHDO'S GAMEPLAY RUNTHROUGH:
Dutch: NOX' SPELLENZOLDER:
German: SPIELKULT ERKLÄRVIDEO:
Several errors in that playthrough, with the laminated sheets you can wipe these out. ;)
*Roll To The Top&Bottom*: €6 incl. WORLDWIDE DELIVERY
-- *Roll To The Top&Bottom* pad (30 sheets)
-- rolltothetop.com membership
(Add €3 per extra pad, at this or higher pledge levels.)
Laminate upgrade for RTTT 1st edition owners:
€15 incl. WORLDWIDE DELIVERY
-- All 12 (base&special) challenges laminated (60 sheet sides, so 5 sides per challenge)
-- 5 dry-erase markers with erasor
-- rolltothetop.com membership
(Add €12 per extra upgrade set, at this or higher pledge levels.)
*Roll To The Top Laminate!*: €18 incl. WORLDWIDE DELIVERY
-- *Roll To The Top! Laminate* edition
-- rolltothetop.com membership
(Add €14 per extra copy, at this or higher pledge levels.)
*Roll To The Top Laminate!* & SPECIALS pack, all laminated: €22 incl. WORLDWIDE DELIVERY
--- *Roll To The Top! Laminate* edition
--- *Roll To The Top! Laminate SPECIALS pack* (6 special challenges including the new *Roll to the Top&Bottom*)
--- rolltothetop.com membership
(Add €17 per extra game+SPECIALS, at this or higher pledge levels.)
See the other pledge levels for the costs with adding the games *Habitats* and/or *Factory Funner*. Then delivery costs for your country get added (automatically).
If you want to arrange a pick-up with me, then message me.
You can add other Cwali-games in your package, no matter which pledge level you choose. No extra delivery costs, so below prices include delivery costs! Just raise your pledge and message me which games you add.
- extra *Habitats 3rd Edition*: Add €28 (only at a pledge level with Habitats)
- extra *Factory Funner&Bigger*: Add €40 (only at a pledge level with Factory Funner&Bigger")
- *Factory Funner(&Bigger) expansion-1*: Add €3
- *Factory Funner(&Bigger) expansion-2*: Add €3
- For each extra RTTT Challenge pad (30 sheets) (choose from the 12 pads): Add €3
- *Gipsy King*: Add €23
- *BasketBoss*: Add €24
- *Meltdown 2020*: Add €25
- *Champions 2020*: Add €26
- *Sun,Sea&Sand*: Add €27
- *Mondriaan 2020*: Add €14
- *Mayday!Mayday!*: Add €15
- *Mayday!Mayday! 9th/10th player expansion*: Add €4
- *StreetSoccer* (alternative colors, most yellow&purple teams): Add €20
- *Powerboats expansion tiles*: Add €3
Let me know if you want to add other other Cwali-games.
See the Designer Diary at BGG to read about the development of this game.
ROLL TO THE TOP! 1st EDITION PHOTOS
This project reached this stage by the dedication of:
- Steven Tu (artist)
- Josh Riley (online game version)
- Ron van Dalen (video)
- Claire Turvey (video voice)
- Christof Tisch (rulebook layout)
- Peter Joustra (author)
- Corné van Moorsel (author)
- Erik Foltin (German rulebook)
- Michel Relet (French rulebook)
- You! And many others.
Risks and challenges
In past years as author & publisher, challenges have always occurred and have always been overcome.
After the fund goal is met, 1 month to finish up prepress work, 1 month production time, 1 month transport to the delivery hubs and a few weeks for delivery to the backers is possible. So we aim for delivery in March.
Cost calculations were made carefully, so that hopefully many backers join!