Open House Management Platform (IoT iBeacon Proximity)
Open House Management Platform (IoT iBeacon Proximity)
A Social Media Network startup, IoT iBeacon location based. Management Platform - Academic, Real Estate, Businesses & more. #openhouse
A Social Media Network startup, IoT iBeacon location based. Management Platform - Academic, Real Estate, Businesses & more. #openhouse Read more
About this project
A social media network startup for Open House organizers and attendees. iBeacon, Location proximity aware.
Our mission is to create a free to use, global, unified Open House management platform, mobile device driven, cloud computing based:
- Academic – Universities & Colleges, Sororities, Fraternities, Private Schools & Academies, High Schools & Middle Schools
- Real Estate – Homes, Apartments, Flats, Penthouses, Condominiums, New Homes Development
- Businesses – Car & Boat Dealerships, Furniture Stores, Clubs, Bars, Sport Clubs
- Museums, Art Galleries
- Government & Politics – Zoning & Rezoning, Political Offices
- Recruiting Centers – Armed Forces, Fire & Police Departments
Integrates and leverages all Social Media platforms for both the open house event manager and all attendees:
- #openhouse Hashtag
iBeacon Location aware - Internet of Things (IoT). Check-in, attendance tracking, the works.
Allows 3rd party developers to integrate with platform via Web APIs.
How It Works
Open House Manager / Administrator: Event Planning (absolutely free):
- Registration: Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter account preferred. Must add professional credentials: Real Estate Agent, Academic (College, University, Academy) Administrator, Art Gallery Curator, Recruiter, etc.
- Creates Open House event:
- Location, Date and Time
- Short Description and Detailed Description
- Option 1: Upload Brochure
- Option 2: Upload Photos - create a brochure (Pick Collage-like feature) using 10-15 standard templates
- Custom Brochure Templates available for purchase (for a fee)
- Market event directly from application to his/her contacts via Email - customizable message along with Open House brochure
- Event created on Facebook and Google+ Calendar - helps manager target his/her connections from within familiar Social Media networks
- Tweet on Twitter (Pin on Pinterest, Post on Instagram - later versions)
- Upload Media (videos and additional photos) and create the Social Network Open House E-Brochure - to be displayed at the entrance to the Event
Open House Attendee: Search & Attendance Confirmation
- Search for events in a specific area:
- Real Estate – i.e. "South Beach", "Malibu", "Beverly Hills". A list of upcoming Open Houses would be presented for that specific area.
- Academic – i.e. "Florida Colleges". A list of upcoming Open Houses would be presented for all institutions of higher learning in the state of Florida.
- For all others, the attendee more than likely would have received an invite/notice and can search directly for that business, art gallery, museum, government, political event.
- Confirms attendance to the event: Facebook, Google+ or Twitter account preferred
- Downloads event to calendar within application (user details are never shared with manager, only the head count – for planning purposes).
- Prioritizes the events - sequence, time to spend at each, etc. Set desired reminder alert.
- Has the option to confirm attendance on Facebook and/or Google+ (manager would then see the user as an attendee, although email/phone number are usually not available on Facebook/Google+ user profiles)
Open House Event
- Manager: Event details, videos, photos are displayed in a professional e-brochure on tablet device(s)
- Social media platforms are queried for the event specific #hashtags and images/tweets/status updates are displayed in real-time within display
- Navigation Guidance to Open House events based on prioritized list
- Checks in (BUMP devices on Android platform) - iBeacon location aware (IoT - Internet of Things), similar to Facebook Check Ins, Foursquare Check Ins, etc.
- Contact information is then shared with the Open House Manager/Administrator
- E-Brochure, Collage, Presentation, Summary is downloaded to mobile device, within the application
- Manager and Attendee (#openhouse hashtag):
- Tweet (via Twitter) directly from within the application about their experience
- Post pictures to Facebook, Google+
- (Pin photos taken during the event on Pinterest, Post to Instagram - later versions)
Post Open House Event:
- List of attendees is stored and made available within the application with attendee's contact information
- Subsequent Open House events can be marketed directly to these contacts
- Social media statistics reporting (optional, add-on service)
- Asked to rate the event, provide feedback (private or public)
- Can opt-out of receiving "alike" event invites from manager
Is this what your Open House attendees see? Paper brochures, business cards? In 2014? There has to be a better way... Why do you read your news on a tablet at home but bring paper to your Open House?
-- First Impression is the Last Impression! --
Who still passes out business cards when you can BUMP Android phones and exchange contact information?
- Identifying, planning and executing an Open House takes time and dedication
- Staging and presentation are what planners and event administrators do best
- Marketing, attendance tracking and follow-up are crucial for the success of the "Open House"
- No unified platform does it ALL today
- Replace low-tech "brochure-ware" with high-tech marketing material: digital photos and videos
- Market open houses directly based on consumer searches: i.e. "SEC Schools", "Low Priced Cars", "High-Rise Penthouses"
- Social Media Integration:
- Reservations and Calendaring via Facebook and Google+
- Event Check In similar to Facebook, Foursquare (BUMP Android Devices)
- Interacting during the event via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest
- Post-event feedback tracking
Couple of details (for now) regarding our technology strategy behind the Open House Management Platform:
- Windows Azure
- SQL Azure
- .NET MVC
- Apple iOS
- Windows Mobile
- iBeacon, Location proximity awareness
- Visual Studio Development
- .NET MVC - SEO
- HTML5 - Cross Platform Compatibility
- AJAX & CSS - Bootstrap Responsive Web
- Visual Studio Online TFS/Git Source Control
- SQL Database / API / Web
- Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Chrome
- Mobile Browsers
- Mobile Applications
- http://instagram.com/OpenHouses (unique name)
What are we raising money for?
- Mobile Applications - in particular the ability to create the brochures, plan and prioritize your schedule, etc.
- Location and proximity awareness, iBeacon integration
- Worldwide locations
- Globalization - multi lingual
Risks and challenges
This is not your typical "take PhoneGap and convert the HTML 5 code into mobile applications". A lot of platform specific work has to go into building this platform, especially when it comes to the Internet of Things (IoT) iBeacon "location proximity" implementation. Similar implementations are already in production (i.e. MLB parks, see MLB At Bat application), therefore we do not expect a lot of challenges.
There is also a LOT of work involving the popular Social Media platforms. We already completed our Login to integrate with the major platforms (http://openhouses.do/Account/Login), but we could run into some hurdles with Google+ pages.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (60 days)