This project's funding goal was not reached on May 28, 2012.
About this project
IDENTITY: The Sound in Art is a NadaDada 2012(June 14-17) initiative between multimedia artist Kelsey Sweet and musician Scott Turek. The IDENTITY installation is a bridge between painting and sound by which digital information is a direct aural representation of visual art. For this transformation, Kelsey has gathered her artworks and composed high quality photographs of each individual piece. Scott then breaks down the high-quality monochromatic images of Kelsey’s art into digital information using a program. The digital information is then exported as an audio file and is further arranged in unique, meaningful and dimensional visual/auditory experiences.
Basically we take a monochromatic image of one of Kelsey's artworks:
and run it through a program that transforms it in to digital sound information:
After collecting a series of artwork sounds, Scott composes musique concrète style music like you hear in the video :)
What this Kickstarter will fund:
1. Paint and minor construction supplies to set up the show space
2. Frames for the artworks
3. Simple/inexpensive lo-capacity mp3 players for sound display in front of each artwork
4. Headphones for each mp3 player
5. A PA, mixer, and multiple speakers for live surround-sound exhibitions
6. Renting/purchasing (whichever is cheaper) a projector and screen for live visual displays/video exhibitions
7. Opening night amenities
8. A photographer for the images
*NOTE: These three paintings + a windows .exe file are what you hear in the opening video!
Thank you so much for your continued support of the arts and thank you even more for supporting our goals! We Love you!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (28 days)