As an avid biker and motorcycle enthusiast, the founder of Crush Stevens Design LLC- Steven Isaacson has experienced first hand the dangers of not being seen. Safety is the number one concern, and not just for riders.
Crush Stevens Design is launching a series of innovative motorcycle accessories, all from original concepts, that will redefine the accessory department. A focus on visibility, safety, and style with full customization capabilities. Our products listed below leverage many original parts, but uniquely change their function giving riders the ability to incorporate safety and style in a way never before realized. We are making a glowing statement: BEING VISIBLE WHEN AND WHERE IT MATTERS MOST. Profound features of our biggest product- Glowing LED Crush-Bar Turn-Signals with Aux Lighting (See pictures and video)- include:
• 3 Patent Pending designs covering the 3 most popular Crash-Bar styles
• A Fully integrated design creating unmatched visibility
•The largest turn signal design in the market, OD 80”
• Leading edge LED Components; weatherproof and durable
• Bluetooth 4.0 technology assuring market leadership and dependable connectivity for both IOS/Android mobile devices
• Harley Davidson centric; no modification, direct replacement for existing “Crash-Bars” installed on Harley Davidson Motorcylces
• Indian Motorcyles product introduction, 2020
How it works is very simple: OEM Turn-Signal controls trigger the corresponding LED lights/turn signal, letting everyone around you know where you are and what direction you are turning. For more details and for an in depth powerpoint presentation, please see our website at https://holeylights.com/
Risks and challenges
Our Business Plan is comprised of 3 Primary Components:
1. Product Design/Sourcing/Manufacturing- Sourcing LED lighting as well as manufacturing the core accessories will be done in both China and Taiwan. Estimates in companies from North America were 3 times (sometimes more) than the overseas manufacturers. The vast majority of motorcycle parts/accessories are manufactured overseas. Progress to date includes:
• Established productive working relationships with multiple manufacturers in both China and Taiwan.
• Hired third party manufacturing liaison, who helps source, and assures quality with field testing in the factories to ensure qualities and specifications are met.
• Negotiated and secured pricing, material specifications, lead times and minimum order quantities with two primary manufacturers
• Confirmed manufacturing capacity and export/import tariffs/shipping details (including the new USA import tariff changes and their impact on costs.)
• New prototype in route to plant for tooling and production set up.
• Secured a significant partnership with a leading Automotive/Motorcycle LED manufacturer who is now supporting our R&D process testing new lighting sources.
• Building new product prototypes and further refinements to existing products.
• Developing installation videos and written directions.
2. Infrastructure/SEO/WEB- We are developing a scalable e-commerce platform as well as a Dealer Portal where dealer distributors can interact and utilize self-service on current and expected inventory, order new products, review and modify existing orders, etc. Our attached budget includes monthly SEO (Search Engine Optimization) with various pop up and banner ads, which will drive direct customers (B2C) acquisition and cross selling opportunities now and in the future. A core objective is to create a great user experience including featured content, live feeds from large events, video installation library, Crush Stevens product reviews. Simple in appearance and sophisticated in technical capability. Progress to date includes:
• Test website creation and multiple meetings with Web Development companies
• Selected our eCom webstore backend to drive payment and order processing online
• Interviewed local web development companies and have initial selection criteria and lead time
• Video creation and social media marketing discussions/planning underway. Shooting new product videos this Spring, creating social company profiles
• Confirmed HD Forums, 750,000 subscribers for banner ads and business webpage in vendor area
• Developed initial relationship/dialogue with leading web motorcycle accessory reviewer- Law Biding Biker, Inc.
• Developing installation videos and written directions.
3. Sales Plan/Customer Development- Our sales plan is broken in to two primary efforts:
Direct customer acquisition, which we will achieve by attending a variety of year round events/rallies, as well as a planned sales effort focusing on web retailers, distributors, and resellers. These efforts are inclusive of large brick and mortar dealerships of which Harley Davidson has over 1,200.
Motorcycle culture is unique; many of the current product trends and interests had their introduction at one of the major motorcycle events. These events include expos, rallies, meets, shows, etc. They are a part of the culture and provide a productive and cost efficient market introduction platform. Display areas vary but we envision performing installations with free labor at these events. Virtually every retailer and e-commerce marketer is in attendance at these major events.
• Daytona Bike Week (Florida)- 500,000+ in attendance
Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
• Sturgis Rally (South Dakota)- 500,000+ in attendance
• Harley 115th Anniversary- 600,000+ in attendance
• Laconia (New Hampshire)- 400,000+ in attendance
• Laughlin River Run (Nevada)- 250,000+ in attendance
• Progressive Motorcylce show- Fall/Winter 7 cities- 150,000+ in attendance
Concurrent with the event sales/marketing, we are targeting a direct sales effort to the larger online resellers and Harley Davidson dealer network. Our initial targets for executing a sales plan to attract include:
• Drag specialists dealer event, where they attract over 14,000 dealers, invite only
• Harley Davidson + Harley Davidson.com
• Revzilla, JP Cycles, Denis Kirk