This project's funding goal was not reached on May 14, 2014.
About this project
Step by step in a simple interaction with several types of sensors, while having fun.
Connect with us: Croosle.co Facebook Twitter Newsletter
With a touch of imagination, the possibilities are endless...
We can explore:
- Nice and clean Croosle IDE
- Simple code examples with full documentation
- Real-time access to SensorTag via Bluetooth device over NodeJS platform (easily Storing and retrieving data from sensors)
- Croosle Mobile app
Out of the box:
- Measure almost anything
- Draw nice and clean graphs - Play and tweak games such as Snake, Space invaders, Breakout and have fun
- Detect movement and ambient parameters
- Build a simple weather station
- Simple to prepare best Green Tea
- Use it as KeyFob
- Construction measurement tool
- Build a wireless server
Or realize your own ideas..
What else can you do with it:
- Share your captured data remotely
- Code your own game
- Work and share projects with your friends remotely
- Real-time graphics print
You are limited only with the extent of your ideas..
An attractively designed Croosle kit box unveils a unique case with:
- 1. Raspberry PI
- 2. Custom Croosle case
- 3. Croosle OS based od Debian Linux and software on 8GB SD card
- 4. Croosle manual books
- 5. TI Sensortag
- 6. Bluetooth Low-power dongle
- 7. Extra stickers
- 8. Croosle community membership
We often draw lines between things: art and science, code and graphic design and on the other hand human interactions. Croosle is not just a project, it is a story!
With Croosle it is not hard to get started - to Explore. Learn. Play. and get in touch with something completely new.
Explore your Croosle smart kit at home, in school, with your family or friends, etc. It is a simple introduction into programming and measurement practicing.
We have spent the last few months creating, hacking, playing and testing the Croosle smart kit with young people, professors, programmers, tech and open source fans.
The idea was born in April 2013. Croosle smart kit was created from our personal desire to create a special product and jump off the page.The Croosle team vision is to build a smart kit platform, to promote computer programming, different sensors and help people broaden their horizons while learning something new and having fun.
After months of research, hard work and countless whiteboard discussions we took the idea and started designing, programming and constructing the first Croosle prototype.
In the mean time our designers created the Croosle case, manual and the fantastic Croosle box. A unique design is produced with carefully selected materials and designed with delicate precision.
After plenty of team work - beautiful design, firmware and software fit electronic components together and works well.
Croosle smart kit has a cool price so it can be reached by everyone.
… But we need your help to make it happen …
£62,000 will allow us to provide enough kits capacity, keep up the good work and also work on some new, very special hardware and software implementations.
Of course, we didn’t forget about you dear Kickstarter fans…
First 30 Croosle smart kits are available just for £94.
In hope of a successful Kickstarter campaign and lots of satisfied backers, we intend to prepare a whole bunch of exciting new features, upgrades and improvements.
We are always open for suggestions and proper ideas!
Croosle is a team of co-working friends with different types of background and long-term experiences, who are also strong supporters of the programming culture in educational processes and schools.
The Croosle vision is to build a smart kit platform, to promote computer programming, sensoric and help people broaden their horizons while learning something new and having fun.
- Founder, head of product and technology: Urh Lednik
- Founder, head of development: Blaž Praper
- Business consultant: Simon Bryceson
- Software developers: Robert Lampreht, Borut Grauf
- Head of design and creativa: Rok Petelin
- Head of photo and video: Miha Kolar
- Research work: Urška Mlinar, Ajda Hovnik Plešej
- Market expert: Jože Novak
- Plastic housing: Primož Gorenšek
- Croosle wooden bow tie: Andraž Lečnik
- Support: Edi Fišer, Tadej Breznik, Jernej Azarija
Risks and challenges
Croosle carries risks like any other high-tech engineering project. During the campaign preparation we have to take care of every possible risk that could affect the quality, delivery and satisfaction of our backers.
All the Croosle smart kit items shown in above images and videos are real and fully functional. Our team of experts have worked hard for several months to arrange the stack supply chain. Now we are waiting for your kick.
Your Croosle team. Unleash your knowledge.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Just pledge £99 to pre-order the Croosle kit! The price includes the pack with Raspberry PI (B model), Croosle SD card with software, SensorTag, Bluetooth low-power dongle, printed and digital Croosle manual, Croosle stickers pack and Croosle community membership. kit, free worldwide delivery is included.
If you have any special questions, please do not hesitate to ask us. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The range from Raspberry PI to Sensortag is approximately 60 meters (cca 200 feet) within line of sight.
Each Sensortag battery device lasts up to 3 months after activation and then you can simply replace it.
Please write down in comments you size!
Of course, just plug SD card with Croosle OS and it works.
- (30 days)