Welcome to my tavern, traveler.
You look like a...
(brave warrior/ skilled fighter/ merciless rogue/ crazed monkey-mancer).
Someone of your talents deserves to be equipped with only the best. I have heard legend of certain extraordinary rings…
What is a Spinner Ring?
A spinner ring is designed in a way that an outer smaller ring spins in a grooved inner ring that slips onto your finger.
Features of Dice Rings
Portable - You can take dice rings anywhere. No worries about rolling them into a heater duct or losing them to a hungry pet. They will stay firmly attached to your hand. Unless you’re a zombie… then no guarantees.
Made from stainless steel - Our rings are made from the highest quality 316L stainless steel, a very strong and durable alloy that resists scratches, dents, and unorthodox abuse (troll punching). Like most other jewelry (even gold), it is an alloy. This type of steel contains 10-14% Nickel. For anyone who does not have a sensitivity to Nickel, these rings will be perfect for you. Unfortunately, we just could not get a hold of any adamantium or vibranium.
Produces fair rolls - The numbers are well distributed across the outer spinning band. There are no concentrations of high/low numbers, so they cannot be purposely aimed for or avoided. No cheese rolls.
Occupies idle hands - It is an awesome accessory to occupy idle hands and calm your mind. Spinner rings (also called worry rings) are frequently used as a stress relief tool, and are beloved by people with ADD everywhere.
- Stylish - With these you are looking nerd chic!
Current Available Styles
(27 Dice Rings, 1 Life Counter Ring)
- r6pips - dots instead of numbers
- 2r6pips - dots instead of numbers
- rCards - draw a random card, including chance of a Joker (the star)
- rFudge - gives the sum result of a 4rFudge roll
- rYN - "Yes, No"
- rRPS - "Rock, Paper, Scissors" in symbols
- rRPSLS - "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock" in symbols
- rElements - "Fire, Water, Air, Earth"
- rDirections - "N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW"
- rAlignment - Left Band: "Lawful, Neutral, Chaotic" | Right Band: "Good, Neutral, Evil"
- rAttititude - "Hostile, Unfriendly, N (for Neutral), Friendly, Helpful"
- rHitLoc - "Head, Chest, L Arm, R Arm, L Hand, R Hand, L Leg, R Leg, L Foot, R Foot"
Upcoming Stretch Goals
- $345K - rMoonPhases - 8 phases, using symbols
- $360K - rChineseZodiac
- $375K - rFudgeScale - "Terrible, Poor, Mediocre, Fair, Good, Great, Superb, Legendary"
- $390K - 2r6sums - Actually a single spinner, showing sum results of a 2r6 roll
- $405K - rEmoticon
- $420K - rWesternZodiac
Renderings for the new rings will be made after the project closes, so you can see what they'll look like before you have to choose your styles on the end-of-project survey.
Take a closer look at some of our patterns here:
Numbered rings & rCards: http://flic.kr/p/dA4HCk
The rTarot (a 3 band ring)
- If the left band lands on "Major", you would look at the right band to see which of the Major Arcana cards you pulled. If the "Major" had a white background, the card was drawn right-side up, and if it had a black background, the card was drawn up-side down.
- If the left band lands on one of the Tarot card suites (Wands, Cups, Swords, Pentacles), you would look at the middle band to see which Minor Arcana card was pulled. This same background rule applies to see if the Minor Arcana card was pulled right-side up or up-side down.
- A = Ace, P = Page, Kn = Knight, Q = Queen, K = King
What's so great about the r24?
Here is some information put together by one of our backers, Greg Rebholz. The r24 could be used as any die from 2 sided to 24 sided, and more!
Final Available Colors
- Black with Steel engraving
- Blue with Steel engraving
- Gold with Steel engraving
- Rose-Gold with Steel engraving
Any of our styles can be made in these colors:
Final Available Sizes (in US sizes)
- 5, 5 1/2,
- 6, 6 1/2,
- 7, 7 1/2,
- 8, 8 1/2,
- 9, 9 1/2,
- 10, 10 1/2,
- 11, 11 1/2,
- 12, 12 1/2,
- 13, 13 1/2,
- 14, 14 1/2,
- 15, 15 1/2,
Introducing the Life Counter Ring!
The Life Counter Ring is now available in the project! This is an animation to show how it works. The purple part in the middle represents a steel wave spring. We used red and purple to distinguish between parts, but the Life Counter is only available in all the same colors and sizes that the Dice Rings come in. Red and Purple are not available as color options.
The life counter ring is NOT a normal Dice Ring. It will be more expensive to manufacture because of the wave spring and notches. We also need more time to polish the design before sending it into production, which may take a couple of extra months. If you add an LCR to your order, it may delay shipping (see shipping info below).
For this project, you can replace a Dice Ring with a Life Counter Ring by adding $5 for each one. This conversion does not work with rings from the GAMBLER, CLASSIC PLAYER, MONOCHROMINATOR, or DICE RINGS FANATIC rewards, because those are sets of specific rings.
Printable Holiday & Christmas cards
Let that special someone know an awesome gift has been ordered for them and will be with them soon.
- STEP ONE: Print the file you like best. Make sure you select "Fit to Page" in your printer's dialogue box.
- STEP TWO: Fold your card along the grey, dashed line down the center of the page.
- STEP THREE: Trim off the excess paper. (Usually about 1/4 inch)
- STEP FOUR: Write a message inside to personalize the card if you wish!
(cards made by http://menthadesigns.com/)
How do I secretly find out a loved one's ring size? (referred to as "her" for simplicity)
Scenario 1 - scatter a large selection of cheaper rings across her front steps in each different size. She will come out, stunned by the strange surprise, but delighted. Wait for her to find a ring that she likes. She will jump up and down with joy and go inside to see herself in the mirror. Quickly gather up all of the rejected rings and run back home. Whichever size ring size is missing must be her ring size. Process of elimination.
Scenario 2 - Similar to Scenario 1, but using bowling balls with different size holes. She will invariably select the ball with the most comfortable sized finger holes. Also, you get 3 ring sizes in one shot! 2 fingers and a thumb!
Scenario 3 - Encourage her to poke a hole in play-dough, perhaps with a disarming inquiry. "Hey, do you feel a weird rock or pebble in the center of this not-strange giant lump of play-dough?" Freeze it immediately and use the hole to determine her finger size.
Scenario 4 - Challenge her to a sticky-hands pickpocketing contest, and wrap her hands in inside-out tape! Once the contest is over, preserve her gloves for sizing.
Scenario 5 - Take her to a jeweler and say you are getting her a custom set of brass knuckles. You'd be able to get her ring sizes, it's definitely not romantic, and she would have no idea what's coming. Downside - she'll be disappointed if she really wanted those brass knuckles.
Scenario 6 (Best scenario) - see if you can acquire/borrow on of her favorite rings and take that to a jeweler to see what size it is.
Where we’re at
We have a manufacturer that produces very high quality spinner rings. We need feedback to see which of our designs we should be producing, and at what quantities. You will help shape the very first sets of rings we bring to market!
*Design Copyright and patents pending
Where your gold will go
Our manufacturer requires large minimum orders for each ring. Also, if we can order above that minimum, we can potentially drive down costs. Our initial goal will allow us to make and ship our first styles of rings in sizes 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 (if smaller or larger have a high enough demand, we can add them).
Shipping for this project will be handled by hand, so we will be procuring the means to get your rings on your fingers ASAP.
A masterful website will be built with the quotes graciously provided by you, our supporters.
Stretch goals history
- $34K - rYN - "Yes, No"
- $45K - rRPS - "Rock, Paper, Scissors"
- $70K - 2nd Color option
- $108K - 3rd Color option
- Bonus! - Added ring sizes 15 & 16
- $140K - 4th Color option
- Bonus! - Life Counter Ring add-on
- $200K - Half sizes
- Bonus! - rRPSLS
- $210K - rElements
- $220K - rDirections
- $230K - rAlignment
- Bonus! - r24
- $240K - rAttitude
- $250K - rHitLoc
- $260K - 3r6
- $270K - rHeadsTails
- $280K - rElderFuthark
- $290K - rTarot
- $300K - 3r6pips
- $315K - 3r6sums
- $330K - rEnglishAlphabet
Current demand for new styles
- Magic 8 Ball - 20 options, some with multiple words, won't fit on a ring
- Price is Right wheel - too many colors, we can only do a single color with steel engraving
- Roulette wheel - 3 different colors, can't do
- $5 Immortal Word-Smith - Personal quote added to our website
- $15 Lone Adventurer - One ring + quote
- $40 The Gambler - rCards, 2r6, r100 + quote
- $42 Gamer Lite - 3 rings + quote
- $70 Multiclasser - 5 rings + quote
- $90 Classic Player - r4, r6, r8, r10, r12, r20, r100 + quote
- $130 Game Master - 10 rings + quote
- $200 Monochrominator - Currently 28 Dice Rings + 1 Life Counter Ring, all in a single color, + quote
- $340 Monochrominator 2
- $800 Dice Rings Fanatic - Currently 112 Dice Rings + 4 Life Counter Rings, one of each style in each color, + quote
Combining multiple rewards
If you want to combine multiple rewards, or you want multiples of the same reward, or any combination in between, just increase your pledge to be able to cover the extra rewards. Do NOT add extra shipping for each extra reward. That only needs to be done once for your whole order (if you are an international backer). Look further down at the "How much do I pledge?" table. In most cases, it will be cheaper for you to do it that way instead.
You CANNOT stack the MONOCHROMINATOR or DICE RINGS FANATIC pledges. The only way to get one of those is by pledging for it. If they are sold out, then they are sold out.
Adding additional rings
If you have pledged for at least 1 ring <LONE ADVENTURER>
- add an extra Dice Ring for $15.
- add an extra Life Counter Ring for $20.
If you have pledged for at least 3 rings <GAMER LITE>
- add extra Dice Rings for $14 each.
- add extra Life Counter Rings for $19 each.
If you have pledged for at least 10 rings <GAME MASTER>
- add extra Dice Rings for $13 each.
- add extra Life Counter Rings for $18 each.
Additional rings can always be any style, size, or color.
Substituting Life Counter Rings
You can replace a Dice Ring with a Life Counter Ring by adding $5 for each one.
How much do I pledge? This is madness!
Find the row that matches how many Dice Rings you want. In that row, find the column that matches how many Life Counter Rings you want. Pledge that amount, plus shipping! Choose the reward that matches the color code.
If you are in the green area, but pledging more than what is on the chart, use this formula:
Pledge = 13 * (# of Dice Rings) + 18 * (# of Life Counter Rings) + Shipping
Including Life Counter Rings in your reward may delay your order by a couple months. If you want the rings as soon as possible, you can split your order. The Dice Rings would be sent out immediately, and the Life Counter Rings would be sent as soon as they are ready.
To ship your order as a SINGLE shipment:
- US & Canada - Free (just pledge as if "In the US")
- International - Add $10
To ship your order as a SPLIT shipment:
- (1st shipment for Dice Rings, 2nd shipment for Life Counter Rings)
- US & Canada - Add $5 (instead of free, still pledge as if "In the US")
- International - Add $20 (instead of $10)
Other interesting tidbits
Risks and challenges
It was initially difficult to get the rings to spin smoothly and to land on truly random numbers. Waiting to get prototypes from the manufacturer to see if design changes are effective takes time, especially with the high standards we place on our products.
With our current manufacturing method, the colors that are possible to produce on steel are black, blue, gold, rose-gold, and coffee. These will become available as the project goes on. Enamel scratches off over time, so we went with a process that changes the surface of the steel instead of just "painting" it (called PVD coating).
We do not know the quantities our project will reach, so we had to push our projected fulfillment date to February to be safe. Our manufacturer has no problem fulfilling any quantity, but higher quantities will delay shipment.
We also did not know how big the demand for these may be, so we are taking a risk starting with a higher goal amount, but with a huge selection of different styles.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)