Crit Hit! Is a tabletop gaming retreat held July 13th -15th at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix. Now back for our 3rd year and we are going bigger and better than ever before! From Role Playing Games, Board /Card Games, to panels and night time entertainment, Crit Hit is a weekend of adventure and fun!
- Meet new players and GM's, socialize and maybe find a new game to join after the event is over, enjoy a panel or other social event at Crit Hit!
- Learn about some of the best indie RPG and Board Games around, from award winning designers, to highly experienced GM's, you will walk away from Crit Hit having learned about something new in our hobby!
- Play games, enjoy yourself and consider Crit Hit your gaming retreat. Life is hectic, and finding time to game is difficult. Set a side 3 days to do what you love!
- Crit Hit 3: Murder Hobos On Holiday will be July 13-15th At Doubletree Suites By Hilton Hotel Airport Phoenix
- Arizona’s ONLY 18+ Tabletop Gaming Retreat
- The theme is Murder Hobos On Holiday- A celebration of the Old School Revival of 80s Style RPG games and dungeon crawling in general
- Crit Hit is known for our selection of indie RPG’s and that will continue in 2018 Private gaming rooms for indie rpg games, minimizing noise and helping to create an immerse space
- Dedicated “Dragon Hall” for D&D and Pathfinder games
- Expanded board games with unique experience in mind. We will focus on “dungeon in a box” dungeon crawl style board games such as Decent, D&D board games, Mice and Mystics, etc.
- Big Fu*king Games- we will run through campaign games like Twilight Imperium and Gloomhaven, giving you a full complex game experience over the weekend
- Panels by industry guests and podcasters and expanded Vendor Hall, both FREE TO ATTEND (no badge required)
- 1hr breaks between game blocks (RPG’s are 4hr blocks, board games are 1hr but grouped by blocks of 4hrs so everyone is on break at the same time) to encourage socializing
Since we are growing, that means a new bigger venue. The Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Airport is a great venue, located right off the 202 Freeway. We will have 13 living rooms suites and a 3500sq ft ball room where we will host board games, panels and Dragon Hall, a space for our our Dungeons & Dragons/Pathfinder players.
We are also have special room rates of only $85 for our attendees. Which is perfect for having a space to relax after a long session or crash after the late night entertainment (did we mention the bar is right next to the ball room where our Saturday night entertainment will be?) Getting a room for Crit Hit 3 is the best way to experience the event and helps us lower costs so we can grow even more next year! You can reserve your room using the following link:
Game sign ups will be online this year, making getting into a game easier than ever! As a backer, you will have access to sign up for games 10 days before non backers, to make sure you have top priority for the games you want to play.
We will also hold a muster before each session, to help people find games to play and make sure find the just the right game to fit into.
Crit Hit GM's earn 2 badges for running only 8hrs of games, as well as a custom pint glass available for pick up at registration! As a GM, you will also have access to the GM suite, where you can rest up, grab a snack, read up on rules, make last minute notes for your games and adventures
Crit Hit was founded providing the best environment for RPG's. This year we are proud to announce The Dragon Hall, 860 sq ft area of the convention that is exclusively for our Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder games. We are excited to announce that we will host all other RPG's in living room suites, providing a quiet, private living room like environment for your adventure!
THIS YEAR WE WILL HAVE SPECIAL FRIDAY RPG GAMING STARTING AT 3PM. THIS WILL BE A SPECIAL TRACK OF RPG'S ONLY.
THE BOARD GAME ROOM WILL OPEN SAT/SUN.
We are expanding board games! Do you have dungeon crawl games you love that you just can't seem to get to the table? Descent, Myth, Dungeons & Dragons board game series, and more will be featured games this year at Crit Hit.
We are also going to run special weekend long campaigns where we split a full campaign for a Dungeons & Dragon board game into two 4hr blocks Sat & Sun.
Crit HIt will feature the best indie/small press board games as well as your favorites.
Panels are the perfect time to take a break between games to sit and hear passionate professionals as well subject matter experts discuss a wide array of gaming related topics. From GMing,World Building, to History of the Hobby to Game Design. Crit HIt 3 will have informative and evocative panels for you to enjoy.
Last year Crit Hit brought to you the drinking game Crazy Make 'Em Ups (https://crazymakeemups.com) and ROLL & LOL: a night of stand up comedy for our late night attendees. This year we will continue to have an entertainment track to keep the party going after the dice have gone to bed!
Crit Hit has a history in the last 3 years of providing awesome gaming schwag. From custom dice, to limited edition dice boxes and messenger bags. This year we are going to continue that tradition. Every backer will get, in addition to your badge(s)
Dice, these are last year's dice and we are once again working with the world famous Chessex to produce this years dice. We'll post an update once they send us a proof for our final color scheme.
and this year we are going to add Crit Character Sheet Carrier, perfect for preserving your RPG character sheets or Cheat Sheets/home rules for board games you print and carry around.
This years event will be bigger than anything we have attempted to do before, help us reach our goal by adding on a Crit Canteen! This 24oz stainless steel water bottle will keep you cool and hydrated. Yours for only $18! Simply add the extra $18 to your pledge and help us make Crit HIt happen!
OR pick the pledge Level that includes the water bottle!
Risks and challenges
This is our 3rd time up, and this year we are better prepared than ever. We have a contract signed for the venue and there is plenty of lead time for our schwag to get produced.
We have an amazing staff in place and we feel this event should go smoothly.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)