What to expect from the Alpha 🌱 + Release date (kinda)
As you already know, the Temtem Alpha is slated to release in November, but until now we haven’t specified a date, so we want to update you on this matter.
Our Kickstarter campaign was a huge achievement for us. Our entire team felt invigorated by its success, so much that we ended up wanting to expand our vision for Temtem and improve every bit of our initial idea in every way we could. Your immense support allowed us to dream even bigger and improve our initial concept for the game.
In order to accomplish that, we’ve hired new Crema members and have made our team bigger. Over the past few months, we’ve grown and have improved our day-to-day workflow in order to achieve our vision. However, growth is not always linear, so our estimated release dates are probably going to be affected by this change in our expectations for Temtem.
All this considered, we still want to release the Alpha in November, specifically November 28th. But right now we’re not 100% confident in meeting that deadline and we want to make the best possible Alpha we can. We want to make a very polished product with enough content to be entertaining while minimizing all the day-one bugs that we can. Keeping all this in mind, there’s a chance we might end up delaying the release until December if we’re not confident once the November date is approaching.
What to expect in the Alpha
The Alpha is NOT a finished game, and it’s very far away from being one. We want to make this super clear so your expectations before playing the Alpha match what you’re going to see there.
The Alpha is a super early in development version of the game and its main objective is to help make Temtem better in the long run. Involving the community this early will help us tweak our mechanics and polish the online interactions.
Some things you won’t be able to do:
- Catch every Temtem. The Alpha will only have a small set of ~30 Temtem.
- Catch every Luma. The Alpha will only feature a few Luma variations to test the system.
- Visit every house in Deniz. The Alpha will only have key interiors available.
- Study every Technique. The Alpha will only feature a set of ~70 Techniques.
- Fight with other players in competitive battles. The Alpha won’t have a ranking system, pick/ban phase or any additional battle options. Also, the Alpha will not be balanced due to the limited Temtem and Techniques available.
- Study every Status Condition. The Alpha will only feature some of the Status Conditions that will be present in the final game.
- Study every Item and Ability. The Alpha will not feature Held Items or Temtem Abilities.
- Trade with other players. The Alpha won’t have any type of trading.
- Unleash full Chat potential. The Alpha will only feature basic chat functionalities.
- Make friends and play with them. Clubs, Co-op, or even a Friends system won’t be available in the Alpha.
- Wear your Taco hat. In-game rewards from the Kickstarter will only be available after the Alpha.
- Be amazed by the beautifully crafted Visual and Sound Effects. The Alpha will only have a small set of effects.
- Read dialogues in Spanish or French. The Alpha will only be available in English.
- Catch and tame #13. May they rest in peace.
- Find awesome bugs and report them so we can fix them.
- Wait in line for server maintenances.
- Get attached to your progress until we reset it multiple times.
- Explore the immensity of Deniz.
- Pick your starter Temtem.
- Create your character with some basic customization.
- Get the first key item, the surfboard.
- Run alongside other players.
- Fight other players in casual battles.
- Find, battle and capture an untamed Pigepic.
- Fight against NPC tamers.
- Beat the game’s first Dojo Leader.
- Use basic items like Temcards and Ether.
- Play using a Gamepad or Keyboard/Mouse.