In 2017 I successfully funded my "I'm (Not) Ok" hard enamel pins thanks to awesome fans like yourself. Due to that success, I have been working on a series two for about a half a year now. However, I wanted to bring a bit more to the table this time, and break slightly away from the depression/anxiety mold that I had created with my last set of pins. That is why I decided to include in this pin "collection" select designs from my Inktober sketches that had been fan favorites, along with my much loved "Salty AF" design. What do those pins focus on? Well, death of course.
Over the last year I have been reading about Death and Dying a lot, but not really as a means of earthly escape, more as a means of coping with my feelings. More specifically I have really been fascinated by Caitlin Doughty of "Ask a Mortician" and "The Order of the Good Death" fame, and have thoroughly enjoyed her web series and book "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" (you should read it if death and morbid stuff fascinates you like it does me). Her stories about death have been very enlightening, and more often than not even entertaining. The glitter pin "Hot Mess" was made with stories of burning/cremation in mind while putting my own sense of punny flare into it (heh, get it?). I know it may seem a little morbid to take that kind of subject and create art from it, but really that has been on my mind for a very long time (erm, creating darker themed art than your standard kawaii art).
While 2018 really hasn't been great for the state of things in my life, it is certainly better than last year. A lot of things are changing in my life, and I am learning to accept that. I hope you will find these pins morbidly enjoyable and will consider supporting this campaign! I am pretty sure my feelings resonate with a lot of you as well!
The initial goal of $500 covers the production of my first enamel pin, "Sorry, All Out of Spoons.", plus Kickstarter fees, packaging/shipping material, and marketing. Additional pins will unlock at each $200 increment hit!
- FUNDED! "Sorry, All Out of Spoons." - 2" Hard Enamel on Black Nickel Plating.
- UNLOCKED! "All I Want to do is Sleep" - 2" Hard Enamel on Black Nickel Plating. Glow enamel on stars and "I Want Sleep".
- UNLOCKED! "Memento Mori" - 2" Hard Enamel on Black Nickel Plating.
- UNLOCKED! "I'm Embracing My Inner Demons" - 2" Hard Enamel on Black Nickel Plating.
- UNLOCKED! "Sweet as Sugar, but Salty as Fuck" - 2" Hard Enamel on Black Nickel Plating. Skull and colored enamel details features glitter enamel.
- UNLOCKED! "Hot Mess" - 2" Hard Enamel on Black Nickel Plating. Flames feature glitter enamel.
- UNLOCKED! "Mushroom Skull" - 2" Hard Enamel on Black Nickel Plating.
- UNLOCKED! "Bad Roll/Critical Hit" - 2" Hard Enamel on Black Nickel Plating. White enamel glows in the dark.
- UNLOCKED! "Raising the Dead" - 2" Hard Enamel on Black Nickel Plating.
- UNLOCKED! "Stab my Black Heart" - 2" Hard Enamel on Black Nickel Plating. Black heart enamel features subtle glitter enamel.
- LOCKED , unlocks at $2,500! "Cacti Skull" - 2" Hard Enamel on Black Nickel Plating.
- LOCKED , unlocks at $2,700! "Stab my Heart" - 2" Hard Enamel on Black Nickel Plating.
The image above reflects pins in their first graphic design conceptual state. Prototypes of the pins will be developed during/after the campaign and will be shared in the updates section. Pin designs are slightly subject to change depending on the manufacturer's ability to create what I design, but I have worked with them many times before and I do believe that these designs will be very easy to work with.
CHOOSING YOUR PIN(S): When the campaign ends, a survey will be sent out asking for your pin selection and shipping information. Additional unlocked pins will also be added to the Add-On shop in case you wish to add more.
SHIPPING TIMES AND THE HOLIDAYS: These pins will not be able arrive on time for the Holiday season, which is why I put their fulfillment date as January 2019.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: If you are an International Backer, please understand that International Backers will be responsible for their own Customs Taxes/Fees, should any arise in the shipping/handling process.
As always, I want to thank all those that have decided to become a backer, shared this page, or even just took a few moments out of their day to take a look at this Kickstarter! I truly appreciate your support!
Risks and challenges
There is always a chance that this Kickstarter won't hit its production goal, and if that is the case you will not be charged for your pledge.
If I DO hit the Kickstarter goal, I plan on sending the pins into production as soon as I am able to receive backer funds (which usually takes 15 days after the Kickstarter ends to be deposited). I have a delivery goal of January 2019, but please understand that this may have to be bumped up a little bit in case there are any production issues/delays (we have a good relationship with our pin manufacturer, but as with any overseas production there may be forces working there beyond our control that may delay production). If this is the case though, I will keep backers thoroughly informed!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)