About this project
We're over 100% funded for our short documentary film on Green Patriot Posters for Project Green, a sustainable filmmaking initiative!
Thank you to everyone for making this happen ...
If you still want to DONATE to our film & non-profit - visit creativemigration.org
* our rewards still apply - please indicate your request (while supplies last) & a note with your contact if you would like a tax receipt!
My passion is art and social activism. I am the Founder and Executive Director of Creative Migration, a non-profit organization that produces documentary films promoting art projects that inspire artists, filmmakers, musicians, designers, environmental activists and everyday citizens to promote and practice social change.
Our film builds on the momentum of Green Patriot Posters, a multi-channel campaign centered on posters that encourage all U.S. citizens to take part in building a sustainable economy. It has already reached 4-5 million people through bus ads, billboard campaigns, museum exhibitions and media coverage.
Here's the main story of our short documentary film:
- the vivid and compelling poster campaign at 8 bus shelters in San Francisco during December 2010
- the evolution and scope of the project including interviews with its founders and contributors
- the sustainable practices used and modeled throughout the campaign and filmmaking process
The communications campaign: a series of posters promoting environmental awareness and action
- These posters were selected from Green Patriot Posters, created and curated by Edward Morris (co-founder of The Canary Project) and Dmitri Siegel (director of marketing for Urban Outfitters)
- Morris and Siegel commission posters from design leaders, and have developed an online community for sharing and voting on original designs. The posters are then distributed as widely as possible, including an ecologically designed book, public advertising, workshops and our documentary film!
Creative Migration's Press page - http://creativemigration.org/press
BE A GREEN PATRIOT (UPDATES):
- Shepard Fairey just donated 20 signed prints (8 left!) for the last days of our campaign
- The Good Flock donated $50 worth of their sustainably produced carriers - it's your choice - for the last day of our campaign!
- Our logo designer, winterbureau, just donated (15 hand screen printed) posters for the last day of our campaign!
- The Canary Project (Associate Producer)providedmatching donor funds of $500!
* We are also working with Brighter Planet to reduce our carbon offset for our filming and travel. Those costs are factored in so our production can be as sustainable as possible.
All our video updates are at: http://vimeo.com/creativemigration
We have some changes/developments to share. We are now planning to interview Mathilde Fallot in Paris after our screenings in Stockholm. She also has graciously agreed to design our documentary's poster - what an honor!
We are rescheduling our interview with Geoff McFetridge after our October screenings.
Here are our schedule changes for our interviews with the following key contributors for September/October:
KICKSTARTER TEASER CREDITS:
Additional Cinematography - John Bottomley
Talent - Chaplin "the dog"
Post Production Sound - Patrick Ginn
The Canary Project, Metropolis Books, Hilary White, Aleks (Leks) Aouad, Shepard Fairey, Studio Number One, Brandi Pickett, Simon Steinhardt, The Good Flock, Champion Studio, Aaron Carretti, Paul D. Miller, Stephen Cohen, Pentagram Design, Tamara McKenna, Robbie Adler, Dovecote Records, Jeremy Lee Given, Eric Kim, Randy Colosky, KJ Hogard, Michael Jedrzejewski, Sidney Bensimon, Greg Simon,Candice Benedetto, Jeffrey R. Boxer, LoudSauce, Open Engagement, Artist Bailout, Molly Hill, Daniel Rolnik, Judson Williams, Cheney Shapiro, Jessica Simpson, Happy "the dog," Nicole Gehweiler, Lana Jay Lackey, Tyler Kohlhoff, Nicholas Johnson, Levi's Film Workshop, Raymond Hoy, Eric Brightwell, Stuart Steidle, Ben Hethcoat, Rebecca Gregg, Laurel Stovall, Guillaume Wolfe, Megan Hobza, Christy Lambertson, Creative Growth For Everybody, Jessie Baker, Virb, Matt Rubin, Ashley Neese, The Harlans, Deedee Cheriel, Libby Kountzman, LADIESS, Sarah Schutzki, WeSC, Coan Buddy Nichols, Creative Migration's board, Devin Sutanujaya, winterbureau, Nikki San Pedro, our loyal Kickstarter backers, ad infinitum ...
Support this project
- (44 days)