Wow, I can't believe almost an entire month has gone by since we started the Grim Dawn Kickstarter! It's been such a whirlwind of constant activity and work that time has just flown by. I don't know about you but I'm certain this is an experience I'll remember all of my life. This last month especially but also the past few years that I've been struggling to get Crate off the ground and make Grim Dawn a reality.
When I look back at my years at Iron Lore and other prior jobs, I remember some unique experiences but so many of the days just sort of blend together in my head. I was just going through a daily routine and living out my life in a safe, comfortable but rather uninspired manner. The past few years have been incredibly challenging but I feel like I've really lived them and each month has been an adventure. I feel like things are moving in a very good direction now, thanks to everyone who backed us here and the all the early supporters of Grim Dawn. Wherever this road takes me, I'm glad I decided to embark upon this journey.
For a long time I've personally been a little afraid to fully pull back the curtain and let people see more of the modest reality of our situation. It can be intimidating working in the same arena with giants like Blizzard and legendary guys like Max Schaefer when you're just some guys working out of offices in your homes. It has been an amazing experience though to be able to share this epic adventure with all of you and to see how incredibly positive and encouraging you have all been. I really have a renewed sense of confidence as a result.
The Kickstarter leg of the journey is coming to an end though. We're heading into the final week and I know we all want to do our best to make sure we have a strong showing before the clock runs out. There is still so much we could do with extra funding and you've all been asking to see some more clearly defined stretchy goals. Below are some specific things we can commit to delivering at various levels. Along with these specific goals, we'd also be incrementally expanding the general content. While you look through them, here's some new music for you too. ; )
- Dual wielding pistols (feature tech and new animation set)
- 25 extra pieces of unique item art
- Additional end-game boss monster (total of 2) lurking somewhere out there in the darkness for you to find...
- 25 more pieces of unique item art
- A new environment set that you'll get to decide on. We'll create a thread on the Grim Dawn forums to discuss ideas with fans, then select the best ideas and create a poll for you to vote the one you want most.
- 2 additional monster types (models and animations)
- Three large, high-level dungeons, each with its own theme and named hero monster. The dungeon entrances will randomly appear in the world.
- Savage two-handed melee weapons (includes animations and all the art required to create an entirely new item type)
- Additional end-game boss (total of 3) to encounter in some dark and dangerous corner of the world.
- New survivor town hidden in the remote wilderness for you to discover. Will include a new faction group and new quest-lines to unlock once you've gained their trust.