Official Product Video
Unboxing Video for the Aluminum Case
NEW Shipment Update - JUNE 30th!!
Good news for you Backers! Due to our kickstarter project our manufacturer also would like to support us in our efforts. They have kindly offered to accommodate a better production time for us. The new shipment date for our products will be adjusted to June 30th!! Remember, this ship date is only possible if we meet our $15,000 goal.
Thanks for all your support
Who We Are
The product team at Craftwerk are all very passionate about mobile phone accessories. With so many cases on the market for the iPhone, how do we design and create a product that will stand out from the rest? Well, for the past few months, we’ve been working very hard to bring you our flagship product, the Aluminum Case for iPhone 5.
Here's a little video to show you the concepts that we went through to get to our final product.
Final Product - Our Aluminum Case for iPhone 5
We are very proud to introduce to the Kickstarter Community our final pre-production version of our Aluminum Case for the iPhone 5. We have made several changes from our initial design and manufactured over 20 functional prototypes.
Aluminum Case Features:
- Minimalistic design
- T6061 Aluminum
- CNC Machined from one Single block of Aluminum
- Glass bead blasted to create ultra fine matte finish
- Anodized to increase corrosion and wear resistance
- Precision drilled openings for volume buttons, Home Buttons, speaker/mic grills, charger and AUX hole
- Unique slide-to-lock mechanism (no screws/tools necessary)
- Provides full coverage of the iPhone 5's frame
- Engineered groove for rear tempered glass protector
- Case Weight - 22 grams
- Dimensions - 6.4cm x 13cm x 0.9cm
- Smart Packaging - Package becomes a desk companion/dock for the iPhone 5
- iPhone may be docked in landscape or Portrate mode on all four sides inside the package
- When docked in portrate mode, the dock will slightly amplify the sound coming out of the iPhone 5 speaker
- Openings in the package allows Apple's USB cable to slide through for charging while the iPhone is docked
- Exterior of the package is lined with the same T6061 Aluminum as the Case for a more premium appearance.
- Package/Dock Weight - 170 grams
- Package/Dock Dimensions - 9.3cm x 15.8cm x 3.6cm
Machining & Quality
It was important for us to find the right machines for the job. It takes double the amount of time for the CNC machines to work on our frames because of the high precision involved. In order for us to recreate the iPhone 5’s ultra fine matte finish we chose not to use the sandblasting technique, but instead used micronized glass to form the smooth silky texture on the surface. One look and feel of our case and you will immediately notice the difference in quality from other cases.
"Is this iPhone 5 case really worth it?"
We are pretty sure this is the question most of you are asking after looking over our Aluminum case. Well, let us break it down for you because we PROMISE this product is worth every penny.
- Aircraft grade aluminum – This material has a much higher cost than your usual plastic, silicone or rubber case and also much more durable.
- High quality CNC machines doing the work – We traveled to many manufacturers to find the right machines to make our aluminum look and feel like the original iPhone 5 aluminum. The machines we use for our case uses glass-blasting instead of sandblasting to produce the ultra-smooth texture.
- Tempered Glass Protection – We are the ONLY case on the market that allows for tempered glass to be installed on the front and the back of the phone. Your phone will look and feel VERY premium.
- Dock Packaging – Our packaging is NOT your normal “throw away” packaging. Once you examine the package design, you will have felt that you paid for another dock. Our packaging has the same aircraft grade aluminum built in around the dock and will look absolutely stunning anywhere you place it.
- Competitive pricing – We want to deliver the ABSOLUTE BEST case for a fair price compared to other aluminum cases on the market. Remember, you are getting an aluminum case AND an aluminum dock.
Most aluminum cases for the iPhone 5 require some type of screw and tool to install and secure the case to the phone. While the screw might give the case a distinctive look, it is a hassle to remove when you need to access ports or simply want to remove the case. To tell you the truth, we initially designed our Aluminum Case with screws for installation. However, we then realized that we needed to differentiate ourselves from the rest and create something more user-friendly. This is why we created a "slide-to-lock" mechanism to install our case onto the phone. The following diagram illustrates our installation process. To remove the case, all you have to do is push up against the rear glass protector, and the case will click apart.
Rear Tempered Glass Protection
The Aluminum Case was specifically designed to allow a thin sheet of rear tempered glass to be inserted behind the iPhone. This acts as great protection against sharp objects that may scratch or dent the iPhone 5's aluminum body. This glass is 0.4mm thick and has oleophobic coating to prevent from oily substances. It is also 9H in surface hardness to guarantee that you will get rock solid protection.
Included Anti-Fingerprint screen protector
Our screen protectors are called "Optics". They are made out of PET Film and are 4H Surface Hardness to protect against scratches. The silicone adhesive on these things are amazing. Once you lay it on your phone's screen, you can see the adhesive just spread out wanting to stick to your phone WITHOUT air-bubbles! All we ask is that you make sure there is no dust on your screen before you install.
Reward #3 or Bundle Special - Gorilla Protection Tempered Glass Screen Protector
To complete your 360 degrees of premium protection, we are offering our "triple reinforced" tempered glass screen protector from our Gorilla Protection line. Our glass has been reinforced three times to protect from scratches and external shock.
Our Gorilla Protection Screen Protector is the finest tempered glass screen protector on the market. The precision cut glass will fit your iPhone 5’s screen perfectly. The advanced rounded edges makes this screen protector seamless with your device and look absolutely stunning. Our crystal clear glass has a surface hardness of 9H for maximum protection against drops and scratches.
On the surface, there is an Oleophobic coating to prevent from fingerprints. Underneath is a special silicone adhesive that we guarantee will make installation a breeze. You will notice as you lay the glass on your iPhone 5, that the adhesive spreads evenly throughout the screen on its own without air bubbles. If not properly aligned or if there are dust particles underneath the glass, removal of the glass is not a problem. Our special silicone adhesive makes our screen protectors reusable.
Prototype Pack Reward
Along with the pictured prototypes, you will also receive a production version of the Aluminum Case (Choose your color: Studio Black, Espresso, Matte Silver or Graphite) and a Gorilla Protection Tempered Glass screen protector for the iPhone 5.
Risks and challenges
We understand that as backers of Kickstarter projects, you are essentially investing your hard-earned money on products that are simply not out yet. We take this section very seriously and want to assure you that we have taken every step from sourcing, manufacturing and distributing into careful consideration so that our product can arrive at your doorstep on time and without any issues.
We are not strangers to challenges that come our way. Challenges have come time and time again for us to overcome and we are proud to say that this time WE ARE ALMOST FINISHED. We have saved up almost enough to meet our minimum order requirements, but we are still $15,000 away to make this a reality.
Our factory is ready to manufacture the first production run of the Aluminum Case and we have given ourselves an adequate amount of time to meet the August shipment date. If all things run smoothly, you might expect to see yours before August! Let's hope for the best!!
We have built over 20 functional prototypes of the case and packaging and have stumbled upon mishaps which required us to make many small alterations to our design. All the sweat put into this whole entire process resulted in an absolutely perfect iPhone 5 case and ingenious smart dock packaging.
- (30 days)