FOLLOW THE PROJECT at: www.lindiortega.com
12/3/17 - Just a few hours left and I added ONE House Concert opportunity. Have me come to your place and play an acoustic show for you and reasonable number of friends. Check it out and help me make this amazing music video in Mexico for a song from the new album!
11/28/17 - You Guys!!!!!! The LIMITED EDITION red coloured vinyl has been UNLOCKED! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! And thanks to Roxanne for being the backer that got us over the top!
The FINAL goal, should we reach $50,000, is listed below in the Project Goals & Rewards section.
NOW, THANKS SO MUCH FOR MAKING IT TO 500 BACKERS!
Thanks to each and every one of you, we made the 500 backer goal and I've revealed my new album cover, title, AND a new T-Shirt design!
In case you didn't know...
EVERY BACKER of a package that includes a T-Shirt gets YOUR CHOICE of one of the 3 NEW T-Shirt designs (size & selection is made via a survey at the end of the project). If you want 2 T-Shirt choices, add $25 to your pledge and if you want ALL 3 T-Shirt choices, add $50 to your pledge.
Be sure to send me a note if you are adding money for multiple t-shirts, or else I won't know to include them in your order!
For ALL previous project announcements, including NEW MUSIC links & updates, scroll to the bottom of this page and check out the updates section.
Thank you for listening and thank you for your support!
Onto the story...
WHAT A GIRL'S GOTTA DO
Between being on the road touring in support of my recent EP and getting married, I've been writing feverishly. I've spent the last year making many positive changes in my life, and I'm more excited and more inspired than ever before. I've taken my old formula and turned it upside down because... I want to!
I've been in hibernation mode and reconnecting with my creativity. Sometimes when given absolute creative freedom, it comes with great excitement, as well as great risk. The thing is, I've never felt more prepared to take such a risk.
Out of this joy, an idea sparked, and this campaign came to life.
Why? Because I want to continue creating music for the very people who've supported me along the way. Together, I believe we can create something meaningful and special. And you know what they say, the distance between dreams and reality is called action, so with that said, this is... WHAT A GIRL'S GOTTA DO.
A LITTLE CONFESSION
Last year, I was prepared to hang up my proverbial hat, and wrote what I thought was going to be my last song ("Final Bow"). But somehow, as I started to let go, more goodness started to happen around me, things slowly began to change and the tide turned.
I realized that I am a good songwriter, and there are people who find comfort in my songs. Your outpouring encouragement gave me a reason to dust off those little red boots and put paper to pen.
When I released my first independent EP earlier this year, I took control of the creative process in a way I had never done before. It was an incredibly exhilarating thing.
So with this new project, I thought, why not take the reigns even more and create an album in this modern-day-and-extremely-terrifying-yet-thrilling-but-super-fun-because-you’re-doing-it-with-your-people kind of way?
So I came up with a project that combines my love for the following things:
- Vintage shopping
- Making clay figurines for people of their pets
- My adorable cats: Tubby and Toledo
- My lovable dog, Rick
PROJECT GOALS & REWARDS
I'm currently in the studio making some of the most heartfelt songs of my career. Help me bring the project to life by supporting one of the reward packages listed on this page.
The project HAPPENS once we make the $30,000 goal, but as we continue to raise funds, we'll unlock additional rare and cool items, like LIMITED EDITION RED VINYL copies of the album.
Everyone who supports the project has my everlasting gratitude and I can't wait to see you out on the road in 2018 (unless you live in Australia, in which case I'll see you in a few weeks!)
REWARD BUNDLES INCLUDE:
- New LP on CD, black vinyl, & now LIMITED EDITION Red Vinyl
- Paper dolls book
- Trucker hat
- Red boots enamel pin set
- Roadie For A Day
- Custom voicemail greeting
- Stuffed animals of my pets: Tubby, Toledo, & Rick
- Custom song
- Personal shopping network
- Ghost Tour
- Behind the songs guide
- Your name printed in the behind the songs guide
- My "Five Artists You Need to Know" guide
- Fan art poster by John Belisle
- Oral history podcast
- My (in)famous Red Boots
- Exclusive invitation to my listening party in Nashville
- Golden Ticket to (Almost) every 2018 show
- A trip to a Dude Ranch with horseback riding!
- ... & MUCH MORE
INTERNATIONAL BACKERS ONLY BONUS
My new album project will be fulfilled from the United States, but I know there are many of you around the world. Shipping internationally from the States can be a little pricey, so I wanted to exclusively offer something special to international fans as a way of making up for your extra shipping costs. See the FAQ link above for some more information.
Every international backer for this project who chooses a physical item priced at $25 or above that requires additional funds for shipping will ALSO receive the following BONUS ITEMS as part of their reward bundle:
- Livestream link for 2018 concert (date and location TBD)
- Special first listen of the new album before release date
- Autographed out of print EP, “The Drifter”
- Digital song files of demo and cover song
*International backers are considered ANYONE outside of the United States with a shipment to a non-U.S. address
REWARD BUNDLE DISCLAIMERS
Check out all of the reward bundles along the right side of the project page. Please message us with any specific questions.
- Most rewards will be shipped in April 2018
- Ticket requests will be valid to most shows in 2018, but excludes ALL festival dates & private events
- Ticket request requires 14 day advance notice
- Shopping, Dude Ranch, Ghost Tour, & Listening Party & other experiential events will be scheduled for sometime in 2018
- Custom Songs delivered sometime in 2018
- Lindi Ortega retains ALL rights to the custom songs for project
- Backers of personal shopping experience reward bundles are responsible for their own purchases while on the shopping adventure
- Backers of "Roadie For A Day" reward bundle assume all risks of being in a working band environment
- Backers of "Ghost Tour" reward bundle assume all risks of being on a walking tour, being scared or frightened, and the possibility of being haunted and/or inhabited by spirits
- Listening Party Date & Location TBD - Targeting March/April 2018
- Backers of "Tennessee Dude Ranch" reward bundle assume all risks of being on a working dude ranch, including horseback riding
PLEASE NOTE - Reward bundles include ONLY items listed in the reward outline. Backer is solely responsible for ALL additional costs associated with reward; including, but not limited to:
- Travel Costs to Nashville, Calgary, Chicago, or other Experiential Locations
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Anything NOT Expressly Outlined in Reward
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
If you read all of the above and made it all the way down here, I extra appreciate you! Over the years, many of you have asked how you can help, and today, there's a way.
Thank you for letting this girl do what a girl's gotta do.
With gratitude and love,
11/24/17 - It's BLACK FRIDAY and I've lowered the price of a few items & added a new Ghost Tour Flash Reward - PLUS I brought back the Handmade Skull Art & my authentic Faded Gloryville outfit. Grab 'em while you can!
UPDATE: I'm keeping the lowered prices until the end of the project cause I love ya and besides, who doesn't love a deal?
11/15/17 - EVERY BACKER of the SUPERFAN PACKAGE will now get an invite to our private Facebook group. I'll be sharing goodies and updates in that group (after the project ends) and maybe even a FIRST LISTEN of the new album!
11/6/17 - We reached the initial $30,000 goal! Thank you so much! Let's get to $40,000 and we can press the limited edition red coloured vinyl!
UPDATE: We're so close to $40,000 - We can do this! - AND WE DID IT!!
11/6/17 - BACKERS can watch a video of new song "Until My Dyin' Day" in the project updates section now!
11/2/17— The response in the first day of launch has been absolutely overwhelming! Thank you! So much so that I've decided to share a cover song I recently recorded as a small token of my thanks. It's Joan Baez's "Diamonds & Rust" and it's very precious to me. Thank you & enjoy!
Risks and challenges
As with all products, there could be production delays. However, we'll keep everyone updated throughout the entire process.
I'm hoping to release the new album exactly the way I envision it. I'm so proud of these songs and can't wait to share it with you all.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)