Welcome to Campaign Trail, for a quick overview of what's new since we started, see our most recent update here.
Campaign Trail is a card driven action game set in the world of modern electoral politics. You are a candidate for president, with a war chest to spend and a cadre of supporters and registered voters all willing to help you gain the electoral votes necessary to get to the White House!
During our hundreds of playtests, the players have commented on the following aspects as items they enjoyed the most:
- The multi-use cards create many excellent decision possibilities
- You know exactly who is leading at all times due to the real time electoral vote tracker
- Each unique candidate ability opens up new areas of strategy
- The design that takes partisan politics out and gives a fun, enriching experience
Please check out the rulebook and print and play files to see how Campaign Trail uses multi-function cards inspired by La Granja and Bruges and an area control mechanic similar to games like Twilight Struggle and 1960: The Making of the President.
Money Back Guarantee
Because we stand behind this game and are confident you will enjoy it, we are adopting the Stonemaier Games Money Back Guarantee. If you are unhappy with Campaign Trail for any reason, just return it to us within 1 month of receiving it and we will issue you a full refund.
We've hit our funding goal and are now working on unlocking these stretch goals! We have a mini-expansion and a solo play variant that we're really excited to bring to you.
Components not shown to scale. The items shown are an artist's depiction and may not reflect the exact specifications of the final product.
Dan from GameBoyGeek gives a good how to play overview here:
You can learn how to play in just 3 easy steps:
1. Play a card from your hand and decide which action to take
2. If you have the most voters in a state, you control that state and count it's electoral votes toward your total.
3. After three rounds, the player with the most electoral votes is the new President!
You're vying for electoral votes and not all states are the same. Plan your strategy and execute your plan so that you win the more valuable states and leave your opponents with only the small states!
Please download our rules and playtest files to try it out for yourself or log on to Tabletopia by clicking the picture below to play with friends online (requires Firefox, IE, or Safari and the Unity Player installed):
Click each quote below to go to the review:
To get multiple copies of Campaign Trail, please select one of the add-on options below:
Additional Retail copies - Add $49 to your pledge for each additional copy (plus $0, $3, $8, $13, or $20 shipping charge for each copy depending on your location)
Additional Deluxe copies - Add $69 to your pledge for each additional copy (plus $0, $3, $8, $13, or $20 shipping charge for each copy depending on your location)
How to add to your pledge:
1. Click the "Manage" button on the right side of the window under "You're a backer!"
2. Click "Change your pledge"
3. Enter new pledge amount and click "Continue"
4. Click "Confirm" on the pop-up window and you're all done. You will have an option on the end of campaign reward survey to indicate how many additional copies you pledged for.
We believe that there is a place for Campaign Trail in our educational system, helping to teach kids how our election system works in a fun, enjoyable way. Thus we want to get the game into as many schools as we can.
For every 25 backers we get on this project, we will donate 1 copy of Campaign Trail to a school nominated by you and voted on by you.
Here's how this works:
1. Any backer can nominate a school of your choice using our nomination form (click the link). As part of the nomination, record a 1 to 2 minute video explaining why this school is deserving (this can be about the teachers, students, etc) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. We will post the nomination videos in a public forum so that all our backers can have access to the information.
3. When the campaign ends we will ask each of our backers to vote for their top 5 schools from all the nominations listed.
4. We will select the top vote getters (1 school for every 25 backers) and send them a retail copy of Campaign Trail when it is released.
Note: This will only go into affect should the campaign fund successfully.
We have chosen to use the Stonemaier Games shipping and distribution method so our shipping is EU, Australia, and Canada friendly. We have tried to make the shipping as affordable as possible. The US shipping is included in the base pledge amount. That same amount is credited to all countries to help offset their shipping charges. Any additional amount will be added to your pledge at checkout.
See chart below for shipping amounts:
Note: Hong Kong and Taiwan should be in the $8 additional shipping tier. We apologize for not including them originally. If you are from one of these countries go ahead and pledge, Kickstarter will charge you $20, we will then issue you a refund of $12 at the end of the campaign.
Design: David Cornelius - Campaign Trail was designed by our dad before either of us were born. His love of politics and strategy board games led him to come up with a card play system that placed influence in states where players worked to win the electoral college.
It existed on a posterboard game board with index cards and paper score sheets. But it was fun.
Development: Nathan and Jeff Cornelius - We are the founders and creative team behind Cosmic Wombat Games. We have always wanted to take our dad's game and turn it into a modern boardgame. We have been working on developing the game for the last five years.
Illustration/Graphic Design: Chris Strain - Chris has been an illustrator and graphic designer for 14 years. He is also an accomplished game designer of his own. His credits include Evil Intent and Asking for Trobils. We knew on this relaunch that we would need some professional help with the graphic design and layout of Campaign Trail. Chris has brought that and more, giving the game a new modern look and feel with a minimalist design philosophy.
Risks and challenges
While we do have one successfull Kickstarter under our belt, we do realize we are very new to this. This is why we are working with established names in the Kickstarter community who have delivered projects on time.
We are printing through Panda Game Manufacturing. They have delivered on many Kickstarters in the past few years and are very experienced in what it takes to make a game in a timely manner.
We are using the same shipping and distribution system that Stonemaier games uses. This gives us confidence that our games will be delivered on time and in great condition.
We look forward to bringing this game to you. Our goal is to get it to you by election day, 2016. However, we do realize this is a very aggresive schedule. We will do everything in our power to make sure this happens. Thanks for trusting us to bring you this game.
Note: This game is not affiliated with or a continuation of the game of the same name published by GDW Games in 1983. We have spoken with a lawyer and have determined it is within our legal rights to publish under the name Campaign Trail.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)