When I first started reading tarot, I was overwhelmed with having to memorize 78 different card meanings. I thought that it was a complex process and I would never be able to master it. I soon realized that Tarot was not just about memorizing each card, it is about getting to know the energy of that card and finding out how it applies to your life. I later started seeing connections with the card energies and modern society. With those combined, an idea started to brew in my head.
And Cosmic Cycles was born! I wanted to make a Tarot Deck that was unique and trendy, so that people who are reluctant to read on their own, would be inspired to start their Tarot journey. A deck that had story-telling elements and characters that people could admire and relate to. I wanted to combine symbols of Rider Waite's original designs with current situations in society.
Follow us on Instagram for daily updates and new designs: @cosmiccyclestarot (https://www.instagram.com/cosmiccyclestarot/)
The suits will remain the same, but will be modernized: Wands, Swords, Cups, and Pentacles. Here are some examples
- Wands (creativity, inspiration, drive): paintbrushes, pencils, flags, trees
- Swords (communication, thoughts) : personal demons, words, crows, evil eyes
- Cups (emotions, relationship, love) : coffee cups, trophies, plant pots
- Pentacles (money, property, opportunities) : credit card, scholarships, talents
I am for the LGBTQ+ community and support them in every way. Cosmic Cycles will include characters that promote our brothers, sisters, and friends. We also do not discriminate and will try to include variety in people of color, shapes and sizes, and occupations.
Being an Etsy seller, I thought it would be a great idea to work with another Etsy artist as well. Miriam E.G. is an artist from Spain who have agreed to collaborate with me in this exciting project. Working with her has been incredible, and her talent and creativity is something to admire. She has this ability to transform my ideas and add her own style into a deck that I hope people will appreciate and find helpful.
Miriam E.G. is an illustrator who has worked on the animation industry as a background colorist, and as animator for Disney TV as well as other projects. Her experience and like for animation lets her create expressive moments with beautiful colors.
Cosmic Cycles would include:
- (Standard Edition) Tarot Deck in a tuck box, retail Price: $40
- (Limited Edition) Tarot Deck in a cardboard box, retail $75
- An Ebook guide to the deck
- A free Printed Guidebook (only for Kickstarter backers!)
- Enamel Pin + $10
- Enamel Pin Set + $50
- Vinyl Sticker + $ 3
- Vinyl Sticker Set + $ 15
- Cosmic Cycles 78 card Complete sticker set + 15
- Cosmic Cycles Tarot Pouch + $6
- 5 x 7 Print + $7
- 8 x 10 Print + $ 15
- Cosmic Cycles Deck + $ 40
- Limited Cosmic Cycles Deck + $ 75
*** International Shipping (outside the US and Spain): add $2 for extra deck purchased, due to weight
We will be offering a limited edition of the tarot deck, to cater to those who are looking for an aesthetically pleasing and the best quality of tarot cards. The deck will be all glammed up and durable.
The Limited Edition will be improved in every way. The card deck would be 330 GSM German Black Core cardstock, soft touch feeling matte lamination, purple edges, 1200 gsm cardstock box.
I wanted to have 2 versions of the deck, so that people can choose and is not stuck with one price. This may be an investment to most, but the energy, thought behind these decks, artistic designs, and card quality, are what makes it worth it.
* For those who already backed, you can upgrade your pledge to get the Limited Edition
The sponsor bundle will include a very cool reward which is your own personalized tarot card. Miriam E.G. will be drawing you, so that you could add it to the deck and add your own energy to the it. Imagine reading you own tarot, and picking up your own card. Besides that, it will included the Limited Edition Tarot Deck, a video chat reading with me, all the pins and stickers + more.
- Goal 1: $1,600- A Thank You Card on all orders (UNLOCKED)
- Goal 2: $2,000- Glossy sticker on every reward order (UNLOCKED)
- Goal 3: $3,000- A new Enamel Pin design (UNLOCKED)
- Goal 4: $4,000- A 4x6 Print on every reward + new sticker design (UNLOCKED)
- Goal 5: $7,000- High quality Cosmic Cycles Tarot Deck (UNLOCKED)
- Goal 6: $10,000- Guided Book will be printed and included in rewards that include Cosmic Cycles deck (UNLOCKED)
- Goal 7: $25,000- A Tarot Deck pouch with design included in rewards that include a Cosmic Cycles Deck (UNLOCKED)
- Goal 8: $30,000- Gold foiling will be added for the back design of the Limited Edition tarot cards (UNLOCKED)
- Goal 9: $35,000- 78 pc. sticker for tarot reading journal will be included for the Limited Edition decks
- Goal 10: $40,000- 78 pc. sticker for tarot reading journal will be included for the standard edition decks
- Goal 11: $45,000- Cardstock of standard edition would be upgraded to 330 gsm German black core
* Extra stretch goal items will not be included for any rewards without shipping
** Freebie sticker and prints will be author's or artist's choice.
Help us get to 700 backers!
Risks and challenges
The deck is planned to be released this November, but delays may happen in the factory or our personal lives. We are currently done with 40+ cards.
Also, the reward items might not be received at the same time, some may arrive later than others. This project requires a lot of time, but me and Miriam will do our best to deliver it within the time frame.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)