Click for an interactive experience with Zombie Tower 3D!
The 3 Dimensional Board
Yes, it is a 3D board that stands up! During the game, you may only look at your own space in the building, but cooperation is still key to winning the game!
The Zombie / Survivor Token
Each round, new zombies and survivors will appear in your play space, but if you don't rescue the survivors fast enough, they will be attacked and turn into a new zombie! The two sides of the tokens represent the zombie or the survivor, and you will flip the token over when they turn.
Passing / Picking Up Items
Many of the items require their counterpart to work, for example, Shotgun / Buckshot, Handgun / Magazine, and Dynamite / Detonator. However it's not always easy to get a hold of both cards, that's why you will need to actively trade items with your teammates! But you can't just hand the item over, you need to pass or pick up the items through the slots on the wall!
Releasing Survivors Back into the Building
What? Yes, you saw that right. Since zombies prefer to chase and attack survivors, releasing survivors back on the board sometimes is the only way to your victory. You can also release a survivor in a room with Fire to burn everything once and for all.
The current version of the rules in English could be downloaded here
After setting up, you will have a First Encounter with the zombies, all players draw 3 Emergence Cards and place a certain amount of zombies in the rooms specified depending on difficulty.
Each round will consist of 4 phases
- Emergence Phase - Flip over 2 Emergence Cards and determine where the zombies and survivors will appear.
- Action Phase - Each player will have up to 3AP to move, search, rest, or use items. Some actions don't require AP such as rescuing/releasing survivors, handing over/picking up items.
- Zombie Phase - Zombies will move if they notice you or a survivor on the same floor, and they will attack at the end of this phase if they end up in the same room with a living being.
- End of Round Phase - Some of the card effects are accounted for, and the Starting Player Marker is passed to the next player.
To escape, you will need to find a set amount of escape items, and all players have to end their turn in a specific room depending on the escape route you choose. The game ends if any player dies, or when the Emergence cards run out for the 2nd time (12 rounds).
Although Zombie Tower 3D is already on the market in Japan, we are dedicated to serve all you Zombie Tower 3D fans around the globe!
- A fully re-translated English rule book will be included in the box, and complete Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish translations will be available for download.
- All writings on the character sheets and search cards will be changed to icons and explained in the summary cards.
- The backgrounds of the Emergence cards will be changed to 4 different colors for better identification of the decks.
Find all our reviews in detail at Our Website
Discuss the game at our page on BGG
We now have 15 reviews now but more are on the way!
-- Video by Board Game Brawl
-- Video by Board to Death
-- New! Video by Boardgaming FTW
More stretch goals to come!
We are talking with the manufacturer to prepare even more stretch goals! Here are just a few more:
- Plastic figures for the 5 characters
- Plastic trays for storage
- Short comic from the original illustrator
Share Zombie Tower 3D and keep unlocking!
We did quite a bit of research on the shipping and decided to mix and match several different partners to be able to bring the cheapest shipping to our backers!
- Blackbox: Blackbox is a new shipping/fulfillment company created by the same people from Cards Against Humanity. They did a fantastic job on fulfilling Exploding Kittens and will also be shipping Secret Hitler soon too!
- Ideaspatcher: A renowned fulfillment company for Kickstarter projects shipping to EU, hats off to Mr. Jamey Stegmaier for his recommendation on his blog!
- SFC: SFC will be handling all our other international orders, explained by a guest post by Brian Henk (New Salem) on Jamey's blog.
Our games will be shipped in bulk to fulfillment centers around the world to reduce customs fees & VAT and to keep shipping prices low.
Spread the zombie awareness
Cosaic is small board game publisher originally based in Osaka, Japan. The company has published more than 40 games since 2012, including translations of German games as well as original Japanese games, and has acquired a large number of dedicated fans in Japan.
Ryo Kawakami, the principle game designer of Zombie Tower 3D, is also the author of Cat & Chocolate, which won 1st place in the Japanese Boardgame Prize in 2010. Cat & Chocolate is the first Japanese board game to win this prestigious award since 2002 when the contest started. Love Letter, designed by Seiji Kanai, is the only other Japanese board game that won the same honor in 2012.
Now, we are expanding to the US to bring more original Japanese board games to the international gaming community!
Risks and challenges
Cosaic is already a well established board game publisher, and since Zombie Tower 3D is already on the shelves in Japan, the project presents minimal risk in the manufacturing.
We have to say that this is our first Kickstarter project, and sometimes, things can go wrong even with extremely careful planning. Some of the stretch goals requires a little tweaking of the game, and like many other projects, shipping has always been a main issue of delay. We have been quite conservative on the delivery date to make sure there are no delays in the project. So stay tuned, and we will do everything we can to smoothly bring the best Zombie Tower 3D experience to you!
Thanks!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (34 days)