We have been successfully funded here on Kickstarter and are so grateful and thankful for all of the support and sharing of our project!
- WE REACHED OUR GOAL!!!
Please come see us www.TheBaconJams.com to follow our journey and for new recipes and applications.
The Bacon Jams are spreadable bacon preserves... Your morning toast will never be the same again!
A unique and fun food item for foodies & bacon lovers.
After spending a lot of time making, tasting and perfecting the bacon jam product we started thinking about our name. We wanted to keep it simple, direct yet fun and arrived at The Bacon Jams!
We have captured what every bacon lover longs for... bacon in a delicious convenient and spreadable form for you to have anytime and any place.
What is Bacon Jam?
- We procure quality bacon and our other ingredients and spices.
- We then prepare and cook the ingredients in our step by step process
Ba~con: /noun/ the side of a pig, cured and smoked
Jam: /noun/ a food made by boiling fruit (or bacon) and sugar to a thick consistency
Call it jam, preserve, chutney, jelly, or marmalade... It is the goodness you get from reducing bacon, brown sugar or honey, and other quality ingredients and reduce into an addictive delicious spread.
When we first show people this product the initial reaction is silence, then a confused look with a smile. Folks then have a taste and immediately start rattling off ideas and recipes...
- Instant BLT
- Spinach salad
- Goat cheese popper
- Baked potato and sour cream
- Bacon Jam works with anything that bacon makes better… so that is pretty much everything!
When should I use The Bacon Jams?
- First Date
- For a party
- Whenever you crave bacon, because The Bacon Jams are always handy.
How did we come up with The Bacon Jams?
As foodies, home brewers, & especially bacon lovers, this product has grown out of our desire to explore unique and fun recipes. We took two great foods that inspire passion, bacon and beer, combined them to make something very different. Everyone who tries The Bacon Jams wants more and repeatedly says, “You need to be selling this.” So after some time planning and organizing... here we are!
3 Flavors to choose from...Since this is probably new to you we say try all 3 in one of our small, medium or large sampler packs.
All Original Bacon– Our flagship bursting with a sweet and salty bacon goodness.
Black Pepper and Honey – A peppery bacon bite, perfect for savory dishes.
Roasted Garlic and Chile Sri acha – Just the right amount of heat, garlic and bacon.
~We have several more flavor concepts and will be adding some additional as stretch goals when/if we approach our initial funding.
Our Bacon Jams are new, fun and unique. The success of this Kickstarter campaign will help determine the market and how to proceed. We have the resources to begin fulfillment immediately using our current capabilities. If the response is huge, we will scale and procure equipment as well as contract with a commercial production facility. Our food scientist, Lauren, is all too familiar with products where a million pounds must be delivered. Bruce understands operations and fulfillment, so we are confident and capable of managing even if backing exceeds our wildest dreams.
Why did we set the campaign at $8450?
A lot of time and effort went into refining this product and setting up for this Kickstarter campaign. We are seeking enough advance our packaging to a professional standard and to lower the cost of ingredients.
This Kickstarter campaign is only available to domestic US customers. At this point we do not want to address international shipping or regulations, and do not want to disappoint any potential international backer by not delivering product in a timely fashion.
- Lauren – A Cornell graduate food scientist who studied culinary at the CIA. Lauren is responsible for perfecting our recipes and scaling them for production. Lauren currently works producing products for the food industry and is responsible for millions of pounds of products a year; she has the skill to make sure we can scale this product. Lauren is an avid home brewer and a member of the Beer Judge Certification Program. YES, we have a food scientist, our own Alton Brown!
- Bruce – A Drexel University engineering graduate, Bruce has systems planning and implementation experience to bring this project to completion and beyond. Bruce is an avid home brewer and a member of the Beer Judge Certification Program. This man knows good beer and great food!
- Mike – As a chef, restaurateur, and food truck owner, it was Mike who recognized the value of bringing this homemade treat to the industry for use in restaurants and immediately bridged to many new flavors and recipes. Mike has worked extensively tuning and tweaking our recipes.
- Jeff – Another Drexel University engineer, Jeff is our technology and digital guru. He’s going to make sure The Bacon Jams are known worldwide! Jeff is in charge of all things digital and social to make sure you know the deliciousness of The Bacon Jams and can order it seamlessly.
- Eric – A communications graduate from West Chester University, Eric is our chief strategist, marketer and the guy who brought us all together. Eric has a successful Kickstarter campaign under his belt called Yiddish playing cards, and brings extensive brand management and business development experience to our team.
This is a new sweet and savory bacon spread. A bacon condiment to be thought of like a ketchup, mustard, or relish. There is no maple syrup in any of our bacon jam flavors. We use a beer reduction. It is a bacon based product but has apparent sweet and savory components to it. A fun new food item and a perfect every holiday gift. Bring to dinner parties. Give as a gift. We can hold fulfillment and ship anywhere within the contiguous United States direct for Christmas and Hanukah. Bacon is a guilty pleasure. We love bacon! BACON Bacon bacon
Risks and challenges
We feel the risks here are low minus a couple minor considerations. Our plan is to secure commercial kitchen space in blocks of time to cook our batches. If we exceed our funding goal in grand fashion we will stretch out reward deliveries by closing reward levels and creating new with extended delivery windows. We will continue to use a rented commercial kitchen setting...It just maybe bigger :) So if you want to be first to get your Bacon Jam do not wait, back our project now!
Ingredients are common and readily available so we see no issue on that line item. We have cooked large and small batches and feel the cooking process has been refined both with a specific formula for ingredients as well as a consistent finished product.
The dinner and cocktail parties could see the unforeseen issue of weather but the time of year should be favorable. In the event of this occurrence we will set a rain date.
As mentioned in the meet the team section, Eric has a successful Kickstarter campaign under his belt. During the first 2 weeks of funding this campaign, the rewards from that project will be sent out by a fulfillment team. Eric will still personally be active and accessible for The Bacon Jams campaign and will also have the support of the rest of team for any and all communication needs. We waited to submit the new project for review until knowing that everything was set with the first. We are quite confident all rewards will be sent out way prior to the second campaign culminating in the 30+ days from today.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (43 days)