NOVEMBER UPDATE: contracts, big plotlines, and more!
Welcome to the November update!
Finally we're getting all the contracts signed. That's super important. It means we're getting lots of powerful alliances to make this (hopefully) a success!
Also, this week I received the copies of our other project, the INDIE G ZINE - VOLUME 2, where Monster Prom is portrayed! Take a look <3
So proud to be featured there! Even if it was by my own choice :3
1. WHAT'S LEFT?
For some reason, November was a month for some people in the team to take some needed vacations, so art and narrative are in a very similar spot. I took no vacation, so I kept working on narrative:
- I corrected a lot of events!
- I started to implement BIG PLOTLINES to the alpha
- I added some more pop quiz questions. Now we have all of them!
- I wrote some events myself! I prepared a very crazy BIG PLOTLINE... involving ALL the 6 love interests!
Art is basically done, as said. During December we will probably get EVERYTHING to do the ending credits. Then it's the emotes for the online feature, some UI, some new icons and maybe a very special new NPC model. Not 100% sure on that.
The programmer is still fighting to get those online features. It's kinda hard. But we're there, giving our 100%. I hope on December we can update the alpha with all the new content.
2. WHAT ELSE HAVE WE DONE ON NOVEMBER?
Here's a list of some stuff we did:
- We signed a deal with a publisher! Soon we will reveal more about this. But it basically means both a bit of funding to cover what's left + getting their knowledge on lots of stuff. They're great and super friendly.
- We finally signed a contract with the great music band Messer Chups and we're getting 6 songs for Monster Prom. I love them!
- We're about to sign (I hope I don't jinx it) a very special contract. I hope I can tell more on December or January <3
- We're seriously studying the option of getting VA for the game. We're being helped by a mega cool dev who's seeing if he can help us to get some sweet VA. Nothing sure... but let's hope we can do it!
- I prepared a list of some people to contact to get some kick-ass promo art for the game!
- I did a good lot of very boring and annoying biz tasks, like setting a $ bank account and other stupid stuff that gets really slow in the most Kafkian way.
- It was our artist's b-day! Yaaay! Congratz Art! (MP's art is done by Art, yeah!)
3. WHAT WILL HAPPEN ON DECEMBER¿
- We will start proofreading
- We will resume conversation for Chinese publishing and localization
- We will prepare the Steam page (therefore, trying to get the beta ready... probably December or January!)
- We will most likely keep working on the online feature
- We will plan the PR/MKT strategy that will probably be executed during January and February
- We will try to get the ending credits finished!
- We will resume event writing and we will try to get 20-30 more done. Leaving just 10 left or so!
- We might start a conversation about the possibility of working on Monster Prom mobile (not sure)
- It will be my b-day (Dec 22nd! <3)
Look, another cosplayer! It was for Halloween! We would love to get more Monster Prom fanart and cosplay! <3
This is from @Toyrage
As said, November has been a rather slow month. To us, it has been key, because even if some part of the team was out, we signed some crucial deals, we kept on programming, I took care of really important narrative tasks. Unfortunately, this month and next month will be less "visual" because we don't want to show a lot more until we start our release campaign, most likely on January. Our goal is to prepare a release trailer for then! But be sure that even if we're not showing a lot, we're fo' sho' working a lot on this!
And that's all for now!
Thanks for all your support!