OCTOBER UPDATE: voice acting, music and more!
Hi, my dear backers!
Welcome to the October update!
October has been the month of contracts and such! The game is mostly done but now we're taking care of other many important issues we will explain here.
As our first monthly without a 3x3 poster... we will reveal instead one of our favorite ingame illustrations: the first time we present the 6 love interests within the game!
What do you think?
1. WHAT'S LEFT?
The core game is almost ready.
- There are just 30-40 events left to be written out of +300
- There' some minor visual stuff left + some ending credit images + some UI
- Almost all the game has been programmed. Programmer is now working on the online feature (and we still need to fix stuff and prepare some very special storylines)
That's great, right? So...
2. BIZ STUFF
We're in a conversation with some publishers and we think we might have found the one. Once a contract is signed the publisher will create the Steam page for the people to wishlist the game.
Also, once we have the Steam page I think we will be finally able of uploading a beta to the Steam client so all the backers who backed enough to get the beta will be able of playing the game!!!
We're also setting up a Humble Store page so we can allow pre-orders soon.
Now we're facing a little challenge to overcome: the game's price. I'm between $10, $12 and $15. What would be?
We're also in a conversation with a big influencer who might help Monster Prom during release! Let's hope we can sign that contract!
3. SO... WHAT WILL HAPPEN DURING THESE MONTHS?
We need these months to end all these conversations and sign the contracts, which might take a bit.
Then we will need these extra months so we can:
- Test and fix bugs
- Proofread everything
- Maybe prepare a Chinese version
- Start preparing the console versions
- Try to implement the online feature
- Build a smart PR strategy to assure a good release
- Spend some time reflecting on potential next steps after release so we're ready to the potential scenarios ahead of us
Once the game is out we will start fullfilling all the extra rewards outside the game itself (monstersonas, GIFs, the MONSTER BOOK...)
4. OTHER SILLY STUFF
We're also about to get a contract signed to use not 1 but 6 songs from a super dope Russian band, so we will soon most likely implement that new music into the game. We're also studying the possibility of adding a bit of voice acting. Would you like that? Obviously not entire voice acting, but just some silly catchphrases and sentences to add as reactions (for the events, the character selection, the endings). If you feel like it, we can share some of our ideas for that. This is NOT for sure, but we're seeing into it.
This is becoming REAL! It is so amazing!
And that's all for now!
Thanks for all your support!