JULY UPDATE: +250 events, animations, prologue... do you wanna test Monster Prom?
Hi, my dear backers!
Welcome to the July update. July has been a month fully focused on preparing the alpha version. We still say think the game will be ready either by October or February. I've written this update 2 times already and it has been accidentally erased both times. Let's see if the 3rd time is the charm! Wish me luck :v
Meanwhile, let's enjoy the beautiful 3x3 piece done by Diana Mármol
1. ALPHA WILL BE READY (MOST LIKELY) NEXT WEEK!
We've working intensely on the alpha. It has turned to be way bigger than expected. We wanted to have a complete run. And we're getting that... but it might include around 200 and 250 events, which is... ALMOST ALL EVENTS! I mean, we're aiming for something between 300 and 350!
We're also adding lots of new features!
It's been hell. We need to test everything and we had to change the format of all events to fit the programming! That has been boooooring x_x
But we're almost there! Be ready!
We have some cool vids from the alpha! But trying to upload them here destroyed the update the 2nd time... so I promise I will post them on Twitter during these days. Follow us and keep tuned!
This is our Twitter
2. WE NEED TESTERS!
So... alpha will be here really soon. And we need people to play and give us feedback of all kinds.
Do you wanna play some Monster Prom?
What a perfect tester would be for us?
- Able of gathering a party of 4 ideally!
- With a taste for bold, raunchy and unapollogetic humor!
- Availability to play not one but several sessions (a session will be around 60 and 90 minutes most likely)
- Availability to fill a questionnaire we will handle you with questions about your experience
- Availability to go for a Skype or Discord text chat session with us to chat a bit about Monster Prom
This fits you? If so, please tell us here in the comments! We will select some testing groups. The more points you cover, the more likely we will select you. We will also favor backers with higher pledges, of course
3. TWO MORE CONVENTIONS INCOMING!
We've been accepted in not one but two more conventions! Both will take place on September. Keep tuned! We will reveal them on Twitter! We'd love to have backers visiting us!
4. LET'S GO ONLINE!
We think this game is better played as a local multiplayer. Some people asked us about online and we tend to answer that you can just share your screen on Skype since it's only about choosing options and 1 player can do that for the other 3.
Buuuuut, we're so nice people that we contacted an extra programmer to get an estimate on how much it'd take to implement an online function to Monster Prom. If it's fast enough and affordable enough, we will go for it.
It will let you play with your friends even if they're far from you. We will also include emotes. Don't expect standard vanilla emotes such as "very good!" and shit like that. This is Monster Prom, so we're going for stupid stuff such as "Get a room!" or so.
Nowadays most of platforms include a voicechat feature themselves, but we're exploring that anyway.
5. BIG FEARS & GREAT NEWS!
So we have 3 things we want to know for sure soon. Those are the things that can decide how much work there's left for us
- We want to be sure the formatting works and the engine can read everything just fine. We're going to know this probably once we test the alpha.
- We want to be sure everything's fine according to people standards. We know there will be feedback and we will make changes, ofc. But we hope the pillars of our design and overall experience doesn't fall over people play the alpha
- We want to be sure the online features can be done soon and at an affordable price
If all these 3 things happen, we are pretty sure Monster Prom can be ready really soon. Actually, the alpha will be hella close to a beta. We're also doing lots of biz stuff and soon we will be able of creating a Steam Page for the game. So maybe (not 100% sure) on September (probably less than 2 months from now) the beta will be ready for all the backers that pledged for it!
6. LOOK WHAT A HANDSOME GUY IS OUR DADDY!
He looks like a cop that only follows justice instead of law. He answers to no one (only to his Manda Panda) <3
And that's all for now!
Thanks for all your support!