FUNDED! [and lots of other cool stuff]
WOAH! We've been funded! Let's celebrate it... by raising our pledges? ;D
I might admit that even if we're super thrilled about this, it isn't still the best thing about today, since today it's the b-day of my favorite person in the world, my little sister (well, she's now 25, but always my little sister). Yay!
But yeah, reaching the goals is pretty awesome too! (:
Also, we've been favorited by KS itself. Thaaaaanks, Luke (super nice and cool head of games on KS)!
Thanks for all your support, really!
Aaaaand... we're getting closer to that Chinese demo!
Now I'm fighting my laptot to manage to record my screen so I can make 3 minute gameplay video so we can apply to the awesome INDIE MEGABOOTH.
To get selected for the INDIE MEGABOOTH would be a dream come true.
Also... we need to ask you for help!
1. We need to get greenlit! Please, vote for us on Greenlight! If we get "yes" votes from all our backers we will probably get greenlit!
2. We will set a Thunderclap campaign tonight to boost our communication once we hit the 48h left mark! Once we set it, we will need you to join!
Let's talk about our FIRST SRETCH GOALS!
It's more secret endings, including the SUPER SECRET ENDINGS.
To understand this better, let's discuss how the endings work.
There are different types of ending
- Individual endings for each player
- A group ending for everyone
We want to do cool stuff with all 3 of them (more on further updates if you're interested on it), but secret endings are specifically tied to the first type here:
These ones are the cool ones. Before the game ends you must choose which classmate to invite to the prom. They might be one of 3 types of ending then: success, failure and secret endings. Success and failure are self-explanatory: depending on your relationship with that classmate + your stats, the classmate will reject you or accept your invitation.
That's like the regular thing to get, SUCCESS or FAILURE endings. But you might get secret endings. Secret endings basically need you to navigate through a specific longer plot during the limited number of turns you have. We need to test and balance this, but currently it takes 3 special events that need you to choose the right option (always 2 options can be a success, but here sometimes just one of them let you continue on the special big plot) and be successful at it.
Believe me: the big plots and their secret endings are often crazy and kind of wrong.
Right now, we're aiming for 12 secret endings: 2 per love interest.
But we want to go beyond this, we want to experiment with crazy super secret endings that feel great and super special. Aside of maybe including some more NPC related secret endings, we'd love to go for something different.
Let me share some ideas with you:
- You pursue not one but two classmates and somehow there's a secret ending involving the 3 of you
- The opposite: 2 or more players fight for the same love interest but somehow instead of making it a fight... you can end all of you with the NPC (damn, I wanted to do this with Polly just to create an achievement called boo-kkake; but it kinda sounded like just a bit too much)
- A mega secret ending in which you get to romance the shopkeeper!
Stuff like that. Any ideas? The idea is to stretch the game limits in a way the player feels amazed when he/she finally unlocks it.
Still I have lots of things to tell you. But I'll let the rest for later!
Please, feel free of telling me which kind of stuff you want me to explain! (:
Thanks for all your support so far!