INDIE G ZINE+ UNLOCKED!
ZINE+ is here for everyone (just ignore the + tier rewards and go for the normal ones! More on our latest update). It could get even bigger depending on the final amount of money raised.
This first version includes:
- 50 artists/games instead of just 30
- Small reviews of all the games
- Interviews with some of the devs
If we can get even more money, we will include more artists/games! In this first version is possible that we still don't go with the "extra page per piece" gig. In this first version the extra could be included as separate parts of the zine, reducing the total of pages a bit.
With the extra page thing it'd be ~110 pages. But now it'd probably be ~80-100 pages.
"Indie G Zine" and "Indie G Zine+" are the ultimate tribute to awesome indie games!
It is an illustration anthology dedicated to some of the best indie games released or upcoming. It is our way to celebrate both cool art and cool indie games.
We're still figuring out the printing method. We're between printing with a Spanish-based company or with PrintNinja, since they seem the most reliable and experienced regarding Kickstarter projects.
Now, in its "zine" form, it contains illustrations from 30 talented artists worldwide. Each one of them has portrayed a different indie game. It's a marvelous showcase of beauty and pure awesomeness.
The cover art was done by the amazing CARO WARO.
And now, behold the artist roster:
- 3D ROD // Starr Mazer
- Adrian Bloch // Hyper Light Drifter
- Aludhi // The Stanley Parable
- Anaïs Maamar // Crypt of the Necrodancer
- Arthur Tien // Ittle Dew
- Bonnie Mier // Awesomenauts
- Boris Maita // Guacamelee!
- Charles Lemor // Lethal League
- Christian Villacañas // Spelunky
- Claudie Scott // Battle Chef Brigade
- Cyanatar // Curses 'n Chaos
- Dani Kruse // They Bleed Pixels
- David Kozma // NOT A HERO
- Del Perez // Cave Story
- Elijah Mazur // Super Time Force Ultra
- Emmet Rose // Night in the Woods
- Evelmiina // Chickensword
- Guille García // Crawl
- Igor Canova // FTL
- Janet Sung // Omori
- Koi Carreon // Transistor
- Mike Lambert // The Iconoclasts
- Paper Beats Scissors! // Hotline Miami
- Rolling Rabbit // Rivals of Aether
- Sachin Teng // Shovel Knight
- Scrotumnose // Nuclear Throne
- Sunny Bones // Elliot Quest
- Vicki // Skullgirls
- Vusc // Death's Gambit
- Zinkase // Gigantic
(NOTE: there can be last-minute changes due to incidentals and such. And there's a game -Cave Story- that can actually end up not being part of the zine. more here)
But we want to turn the "INDIE G ZINE" into a true "INDIE G ZINE+". What that means? We want to raise enough money to re-invest in the project and improve it in different ways.
- We will include +20-90 artists/games more (depending on stretch goals)
- We will include an extra page per piece with some info on the game and the artist
- We will also include a small interview to some of the gamedevs
- We will include some extra pages where the current artists will be able of including a smaller illustration to present another extra game they love
We want this to be a huge and useful encyclopedia for indie game lovers. Something that let them:
- Enjoy beautiful art based on their favorite games
- Discover new games
- Get to know better the creators of the games they love
We want this to get bigger. There are still lots of games we want to be in here: The Yawhg, Bad Blood, Nidhogg, Aegis Defenders, Risk of Rain, Hollow Knight, etc!
(NOTE: design, composition and structure might change in the final version. Additionally, take into account that not all the perks might be included in the + version at first, but they might be tied to further stretch goals, depending on the cost of adding them)
You might have noticed some of the big ones missing. Undertale, Binding of Isaac... This is because we haven't been able to reach their creators to get consent to include them on here. If we get enough backers we will prepare a cool action to massively contact them! We think this way we could be able of getting their attention!
We love artzines and we love indie games. The project was born from a simple question: "why the f**k there's no artzine focused on indie games?! We want something like that! Damn... Ok, let's create that!"
Yeah, pretty simple, right?
Check all the cool rewards available!
(please, note that the final promotional poster might be a bit different in order to have new little heads of games included in the zine -for instnace The Stanley Parable and The Iconoclasts aren't in the poster now- and to remove some other ones we have no consent to use. The current version was done to convey the concepto, but you can bet it'll be as cool or even cooler in the end!)
Our stretch goals are important, since one of our main goals, as said before, is to turn the "Indie G Zine" into the true "Indie G Zine+". Unlocking the "Indie G Zine+" is a stretch goal hidden among these ones!
Check our stretch goals here:
Riesgos y desafíos
One of our biggest challenges has been to search, find and contact talented artists and gamedevs. When thinking about increasing the artist roster, the biggest challenge ahead is to find the best artists available. But also another challenge is to reach the gamedevs and get consent to include their game into the zine.
Indie gamedevs are mega-friendly people and they usually give consent. But sometimes the hard part isn't getting the consent itself, but just an answer. We understand that some of them are really busy and we respect that. We think that Kickstarter is a cool way of getting more attention so we can finally get to contact some gamedevs that have been kinda hard to reach so far!
Another big challenge is production, of course. We're contacting PrintNinja, since they seem a reliable company with a huge career on printing Kickstarter projects.Más información sobre el concepto de responsabilidad en Kickstarter
Período de financiamiento
Del al (30 días)