Project Update - 25 March 2019
Wanted to give you a quick update on the status of things. I'm a little sick and not quite feeling it today, so I will mostly stick to bullet points, in no particular order. Also, I'll avoid the click-bait title as apparently it jinxed us last time around: turns out the EU ship actually was damaged and the cargo got transferred to a different boat! )-:
- Yes, the EU ship was damaged somewhere in the Mediterranean and they ended up transferring the cargo to another ship. Apparently my last email was prophetic and the Mountain Gods decided to play a nasty trick on me in retribution for the mean joke. Last we heard, it is somewhere near Netherlands, and supposed to be arriving in Germany this week. Our previous timeline for delivery was end of March to April. We are now updating that to just April. I'll keep you posted!
- The USA ship arrived at port, and the games are now at Quarter Master Logistics! Not sure where we are in the queue of companies that they fulfill for, but I'll let you know in the comments when I have more precise dates. Hey, at least they are on USA soil! So, USA & Canada backers, as far as I know we are still on schedule from the past updates.
- Asia / Rest of World backers, sound like many of you have started getting your games. Yay! Exciting! Please try not to taunt the other backers too much (lol), but PLEASE do share photos and your thoughts online! And if you like the game, give it some love on BGG! Almost all of our social media channels use the tag, @MassifGames. I'd love to see some photos of you enjoying it. So far, I've only had 2 backers with damaged games, so fingers crossed that EU and USA fulfillment goes just as well!
- Japanese Rule Book Backers: I've refunded all of you your payment. A few people have outdated credit cards, so if you would like your $6 refund, please update your info. I also sent you an email!
- Backers who ordered game display stands (Massif Displays). Games Quest has been EXTREMELY slow in responding to our emails. I asked them over 2 months ago to ship our product from the UK to the USA & German for fulfillment with our new partners, and that still hasn't happened. Now I'm currently air-mailing the minimum quantities to the USA, which is frustrating. All that to say, if you ordered them, there is a high chance that you might receive multiple shipments, and that the stands might arrive slightly later than your game, depending on how the cards fall...
- Speaking of multiple shipments, if you ordered language packs, custom characters, t-shirts, rulebooks, etc, all of those things might be coming in separate shipments, depending on where you live. So, if you don't see all of your order, please don't freak out. Just shoot me an email at email@example.com and I'll check for you.
- Speaking of missing things. I'm trying to keep on top of my emails for various companies, but if for some reason I don't respond to you in 3 days or so, please just send me another message. Want to make sure our customer service is on point (other than product delivery being 8 months late). (-:
- Our web-app is live. Please feel free to run through it and test it out. Let me know if you have any issues using it! https://www.massifgames.com/mountaineers-app/
Alright, those are the main highlights I can think of at the moment. If you want to watch a thrilling movie and get all psyched up for the game, I highly recommend the documentary "MOUNTAIN" on Netflix. It is an amazing 1 hour film that will really get you pumped for the spring season! https://www.netflix.com/title/80221498
Ok, that's it for now. Keep me posted on your questions, and thanks again for your patience as backers. We are ALMOST there!