Project Update - 18 July 2018
Hello fellow Mountaineers!
Here is a brief (long overdue) update for you! Sorry for the delay, this month has been crazy. Preparing for our baby, having both cars break down and shopping for new ones, moving my office to downtown Corvallis (to make room for baby), dealing with construction/property projects, and working 60+ hours a week at my new job has kept me crazy busy, to say the least! Most sad, is that I never got to go on a spring mountaineering trip. :'(
But, progress is being made on your game!
- Longpack is working out the final details for punching 66x 6mm holes per mountain side- not an easy task for engineers. They are making final adjustments to the plastic miniature climbers as well.
- They have all the files for the wooden and miniatures components, and are doing pre-production work on those.
- Currently, I've transferred all the art files to them, except for the final cards, game box, rule book, and component trays. My goal is to have those finished by the weekend (I'll do the rule book last, after I have a clear feeling for how the other components look - as I might need to update accordingly.)
- Kirsty is working on creating a 1-4 player "fixed game" scenario that will provide a great first game experience. We'll have a PDF or print-out that goes with it, so you can easily play a game, as soon as it comes out of the box.
- Our developer is working on the companion app. Right now, he is making everything color coded (which we hadn't done before) so that it is super easy to keep track of which Automated Climbers you are moving. When he is a little further a long, I'll share for you guys to check out and comment on.
- Thanks to those of you who sent me your custom character card pictures. I'll get back to you with samples in a few weeks. Those of you haven't sent them yet, please send soon!
- Current timeline for project delivery is roughly end of October. I'm really hoping to have games for everyone by Essen, but a lot is now in the hands of LongPack, who are quite busy as well. When I know more, you'll be the first to know.
Alright... It's midnight here, and I'm exhausted! Thanks for your support and patience on this project! I'll keep you guys posted as I get more pictures / updates from the manufacturer!
Till next time!