MOUNTAINEERS - PLEASE VOTE!!! - Project Update - 25Jan2018
FINAL VOTING ON BGG FOR TOP 20 GAMES!!!
A huge thanks to all of you who helped us make it through the nomination phase for top 20 games expected in 2018 on Board Game Geek. We made it to 26th place in the overall nomination phase!
Unfortunately, we aren't quite there yet. We now must compete for the final vote! Please help us reach 20th or higher and make the TOP 20 in one or more categories! You can vote here:
It would mean a lot to me and the team to make the top 20 of one or more categories, so please, please, please, let's climb this last mountain of expectation!
Remember voting ends soon, so do it now, not later! (-:
So, between PAX South, being sick for a few weeks, and some family stuff, I have once again been a little late in giving you updates. My apologies, it won't happen again! ;)
My only excuse is that we have indeed been quite busy working on Mountaineers! But, to make up for it, I've schedule 2 Kickstarter Live sessions early next week. I've tried to schedule 2 different times to work with multiple time zones and schedules, so feel free to sign up for 1 or both sessions. They are at:
Ok, so that said, here are some more updates on this project. I'm just going to throw them at you, so please forgive me if the writing is less then sub-par!
- PAX South was amazing. We got tons of great feedback, sign-ups, play-tests, and press coverage. People really enjoyed the game, and a huge shout-out to those of our backers who said hi! It was great to meet you in person!
- We've been working on hard on updating the mechanics/rules to accommodate the changes/stretch goals that we added. One major change is changing how supply tokens are obtained. We've made a small but significant change that really improves the flow of the game, and increases the speed. It also makes the solo and 2 player mode work better. Another significant change is adjusting how player's climb over each other. We've added a simple rule that now allows you to complete your route, even if you climb over someone else. You can read more details about these changes on our website blog.
- Pledge Manager!!!! Yes, I know we said it would be available by now. The reason we've been delaying, is because we wanted to test and make sure none of the stretch goals and mechanic changes would have any effects on the various different versions. So, that said, please be patient just a little longer. We are almost there, and hoping to send it out next week, but we need to check a few more things!
- German Edition. As some of you know, Spieleschmiede didn't quite raise enough to license a German edition from us, although they were close (~16,000 euros raised). Some of our German backers have been asking us what this means. I ask that you give me a little more time, as our main project manager there is currently on vacation. He has a meeting planned, after which I'll get back to you with more specifics. Worst case scenario, you pay for German cards from us, at prices comparable to the other language packs. Nonetheless, I'll keep you posted.
- Timelines! Currently we are still on track for our estimated August delivery. However, these next few weeks will be crucial, and we've eaten up some of our buffer time, due to needing more play testing from stretch goals and updates. I'll let you guys know if something changes.
- The Team: I had a great time interviewing/working with the potential co-founder I mentioned previously at PAX, and I think that he is someone that will be a great addition to Massif Games. Stay tuned for an official update on that in the next few weeks. (: We've also added an intern for social media and copy writing, and may be bringing on another intern in game design, later this spring.
- We've also contracted a professional graphic designer to not only work on our rule book, but to work on everything else in the game, and really bring it together artistically and make it look amazing. We are finalizing the contract details, and super stoked to see what he and his wife do with Mountaineers in the next few weeks!
- We are still working on our convention schedule for 2018. However, I can confirm that we will be at GameStorm in Portland, Oregon, I5LIVE in Pasadena California, GAMA Convention in Reno, Nevada, and SPIEL'18 in Essen, Germany. We are also looking at PAX East, PAX Unplugged, GenCon (no exhibition space though), and a few others. We'll keep you posted. Feel free to let me know if there are any other's you want to see us at (especially if they are within a days drive of Oregon).
Ok, I'm probably forgetting a few things, but I think I'll just stop before I write a book. Thanks again for all your support, keep it coming, and I'm looking forward to sharing new updates and progress with you in the coming weeks!
Photos from PAX South