100% Funded, Projects We Love, and New Reward Levels! - Project Update 13Nov2017
You rock! Thanks to your help and others, we totally just made it past the tree line in our climb!
We Are 100% Funded!
Not only have we funded this project, but we also received the coveted “Projects We Love” badge by Kickstarter! It’s like having Reinhold Messner giving you a nod, as you walk past him on an approach trail! (-:
Now, strap on your crampons, unsheathe your ice axe, and let’s climb stretch goal mountain!
We just unveiled 3 of our stretch goals:
$44,000 – You get a nice big wooden yellow marker for use in the conditions board!
$49,000 – You get colored tokens for counting up the climbing points. Much nicer than using one of your route locks!
$59,000 – In a mountain game, bigger is always better! How about a 4 sided mountain? We’ll upgrade the mountain holder to work with either 3 OR 4 mountain sides!
To help us reach these stretch goals quickly, here are a couple things you can do:
- Share our project with your mountaineering, climbing, or hiking group!
- Add your gaming friends to the Mountaineers Facebook Group (and join yourself!)
- Download, print, cut, and tape together our mini mountain, then share it online with your friends!
- Tell your local game store that we have retailer pricing!
- Tweet to your favorite gaming news site, and mention our campaign!
- Email a real life Hütte, and see if they want a copy!
- Vote for Mountaineers in this BGG list!
New Reward Level – Legendary Edition (Name a Glacier)
That’s right. You can become a legend on our mountain. For $199, you can name a glacier on a mountain side and be listed in the credits section of our mountain side holder. Mountaineers is one of those games that literally stands out on a table. And now you can tell people that the glacier they are climbing is named after you!
German Rules & Additional Languages
We finally have a rough draft of the Leitfaden für Bergsteiger! Take a look! And, more info on the Spieleschmiede relationship later this week! (Don't worry, if we work with them, you'll still be able to get the German edition through your current Kickstarter pledge. Stay here, and help us with the stretch goals!)
We want everyone to be able to get the game in their own language. However, providing new language editions is difficult, unless we have several hundred backers. Nonetheless, there are a couple options we have:
- License the game to another publisher in your country. If you have a recommendation of a publisher to contact, let us know, and send them an email, saying that you really want this game in your own language!
- Sell a Card Kit in your language. If we do this ourselves, we would have to charge around $40, unless we got 400 or more backers.
- Offer a Print and Play Card Kit. You can print the cards yourself, and cut them out.
Let me know in the comments what you think, and we'll work to find a good solution for you!
Play Through Video
Finally, many of you had asked for a play-through video of a 3 player version of Mountaineers! Here it is, and remember, we aren't professional videographers! ;)
Thank you for helping make this project a reality! The team and I are super stoked, and can't wait to see what happens next!
P.S. Tune in around 8PM PST / 10PM EST for a live video on Kickstarter. I'll just be hanging out, and answering questions!