Almost to the Treeline! - Project Update 1 - 10Nov2017
Wait a minute. Are there 4 sides to that mountain?!
Funding is Our Treeline!
Believe it or not, reaching the treeline is my favorite part of a mountaineering trip. The summit is great, but it's at the treeline that you can start to see your surroundings, feel the awe of the mountain, see the valley below, and have real confidence and excitement for what is to come.
100% is our treeline! We are so close, with only 25% left! Thank you, thank you, to everyone who has helped us get this far!
As a small token of appreciate, here is a fun print-and-build mini-mountain for you! Just download, print, cut out the shape, bend at the edges, use a little tape, and you have a little miniature version of what you are backing! Download Mini-Mountain PDF
Many Hands, Make Light Work!
Would you be willing to help me get the word out, and reach our funding goal? We have lots of fun add-ons and stretch goals in the works, but we really need to fund first!
Here are a few ways you can help:
- Take a picture of your mini-mountain and tag us! (@MassifGames)
- Update your facebook cover photo: Download Photo Here
- Update your twitter cover photo: Download Photo Here
- Share this photo on the interwebs!
- Create some buzz on Board Game Geek.
- Post about Mountaineers here and here on Reddit!
- Tell people about the game in facebook groups, like this one!
- Call or email your local game store, and tell them we have retailer pricing!
- Message or tweet to your favorite game reviewer and ask them to do a write up about Mountaineers! Dice Tower, we are looking at you!
- Visit this link on Kicktraq, and then click the "visit project" button.
A Few FAQs
- Play through video- we are still trying to make a 3 person play-through video. In the mean time, check out our solo-player play-through video.
- Remember, even if your gaming group is 4 people or less, the 5-6 player expansion gives you more AI players, Event Cards, Route Cards, and Character Cards, all of which increase the replayability of the game! The additional event cards are my favorite part of the expansion!
- German Translation: I've been playing phone tag with Spiele Offensive all week, but I now have a confirmed meeting with Sven tomorrow morning! Either way, keep in mind that they won't want to make any commitments until we fund! So, if you want a German version, back us, and then we can really get discussions going with them. Plus, you could always cancel your pledge. (-:
- German Rules: They should be up by tomorrow morning (early evening German time)!
I have to run to my other part-time job this morning, so I unfortunately won't be able to go into details about some of our stretch goals, questions in the comments section, and a new reward level we want to add, at least not in this update.
However, I'll be back this afternoon, and can't wait to see what progress we have made, and get back to answering your questions in the comments section!
Thank you so much for your support! I can't wait to make this game for you! Keep up the comments, suggestions, and questions, and I'll be back soon!