High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition Relaunch
Re-launch High Stakes Poker and bring it back to PS3 and to the Vita and PS4 with a networking replacement to continue online play.
in 2007 we released High Stakes on the Vegas Strip:Poker Edition to the PSN for the Playstation 3. It immediately was a big hit and a top ten Playstation Network game for 2007 and 2008 and has been quite popular ever since.
The game features:
- Up to six players in multiplayer including six simultaneous audio and video chat windows.
- PSP Remote Play
- Over a dozen poker games including No-limit Texas Hold'em, Limit Texas Hold'em, Super Hold'em, Billabong, Tahoe, Shanghai, Omaha, Pineapple, Crazy Pineapple, 5 Card Draw and 7 Card Stud
- Customizable Characters
- Three beautiful environments to play in
- Point system to unlock features
- In-depth hand stats
- Earn up to 30 trophies
- Single player quick match or season play
- Turbo mode
- All in eight languages including English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, and Russian
The software we used for the multiplayer on High Stakes poker is shutting down and needs to be replaced which means all online play will stop. We need to raise the funds to replace and rewrite all the code that it used and republish the game. Unfortunately this is not inexpensive to do so we are asking for help to get it funded. If we are successful in raising the funds we will get the game back out ASAP and the game can be played online again on the PS3 and we will also bring the game to the Vita and Playstation 4. We will also open up the game to worldwide play so you can play games with people all over the world in the language of your choice.
If we beat our goal we will add more content to the game. The content would include more levels, items, nine player tables, and multi-table tournaments. If we greatly beat our goal we will start on a sequel designed to take advantage of the Playstation 4 hardware.
Risks and challenges
We have made many online games and quite a few online poker games so we are quite confident that we can get the online play working with new code.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)