No more crazy doodles describing which tiles to use for your own custom scenarios. Guillotine Games has released the free Map Editor! Here's the message:-
DESIGNER'S NOTE #18
The mission editor for Zombicide is available!
This editor was born from the open-source software Mapeditor and fit to Zombicide by Mzi and Rogue. A great thanks to them!
The name says it all: this software allows you to create your own missions and share them with other players. Choose your tiles, doors, tokens, arrange them to suit your fancy and give new challenges to your survivors’ team.
Zombicide Map Editor is available as a .ZIP file. Download it in a file, extract it, open it by clicking upon the camel icon and here you go: no need for additional tuning, theZombicide files are pre-installed.
AN INTUITIVE SOFTWARE
- Tiles and tokens are set as menus in the left column.
- The grey area is the surface where you set the mission.
- Click on the item you need, then click on the surface to put it down. You can handle it as you want by clicking on it, and rotate it by right-clicking.
- The top buttons of the surface allows you to move, rotate and delete the selected items. You can also fit in texts.
- Using the “file” menu, on the top-left, you can export your mission on the .PNG format. That’s it! Ready for a zombicide?
WHAT IF I OWN EXTRA TILES ?
Each item comes with a value matching a Zombicide core box’s contents. If you own several of them, or own extra tiles sets, you can alter these values in the matching menu, on the top-left of the items menu (see below).
ADDING ZOMBICIDE’S EXPANSIONS
The “pack” menu on the upper left allows you to import Zombicide’s expansions tiles and tokens sets. After downloading the .ZIP file of the chosen expansion, select it in this menu. The matching items appear in their own menu.
Have fun !