My goal is to produce a hard cover printed version of my new ebook, "I Create My World."The U.S. printer I have chosen uses Sustainable Forest Practices in their production. I have the design and layout all ready to go. There are a total of 16 illustrations, each paired with a corresponding affirmation. There are 40 total pages, counting each side of the page, front and back. Here is a little bit more detail about the book, itself:
Sharing the lively, whimsical paintings and affirmations of “I Create My World” with the children you love is an entertaining way to teach concepts of self-worth, self-esteem and inner strength.
Learning these principles at a young age can shape one’s core beliefs, putting children on a positive life path. The benefits to using this book are many. Time spent contemplating the importance of our thoughts, manifesting our dreams through visualization and focus, being thankful for what we have received, and that we are special, talented, and worthy, gives children the tools to use as stepping stones to realize their full potential.
Listed below are the affirmations contained in the book, and my thoughts on how to interpret them. These bright, colorful paintings sparkle with their own individual characters. Encourage children to use their unlimited imaginations to describe and embellish each scene.
• “I hold the keys that create my world.” – An introduction to the concept that our thoughts and words are actually shaping our experience.
• “I can picture what I want to create.” – We can use visualization to help us manifest our dreams.
• “My imagination lifts me higher.” – Using our unlimited imaginations in a positive way, picturing what we want to manifest in our lives keeps us aligned with our higher good.
• “I follow the light of my inner joy.” – Being joyful is our natural state of being. Following the path of our joy is our unique compass to a fulfilling life.
• “I am right on track.” – We are always on track and can turn seeming obstacles into opportunities.
• “I am blessed with my own special talents and gifts.” – Each of us has something special to offer in service to others. There is no one else in the universe quite like us.
• “I bring love to all that I do.” – When we take action with love as our motivation, we will always uplift and inspire others, and our efforts will bear fruit in magnificent ways.
• “I love helping others do well and succeed.” – Co-operation can replace competition when we realize our inner magnificence.
• “I focus on what I love.” – Keeping our attention focused on the positive aspects of all we encounter will bring more of what we want into our lives. We have an inner barometer that lets us know where we are focusing our attention. We can bring our attention back to what we love in an instant.
• “I am magnetic, drawing good into my life.”- Our good is always available to us; we can step into the flow and allow it into our lives.
• “I am thankful for the bounty of the universe.” – Being grateful and appreciative of what we have in our lives brings even more to appreciate, as our lives reflect our thoughts.
• “In giving, I receive.” – In the circle of life, as we give with joy, we are immeasurably enriched.
• “I am filled with starshine. I let my light shine brightly every day.” – Letting our inner light shine through our smiles and positive attitudes creates a glow of well-being that uplifts everyone around us.
• “My thoughts overflow with loving kindness.” – Being loving and kind to others brings out the best in everyone.
• “The universe is fun, safe and loving.” – We are loved and cherished at all times.
• “All is well.” – Taking a deep breath and repeating “All is well” allows us to step into an infinite field of loving possibilities.
Parents, grandparents and teachers can use this book joyously to empower children and encourage them to create their own affirmations and illustrations. Remember to post their paintings for all to see! ~ ♥Connie
For rewards, I have listed note cards with images from the book. There are four designs used.
I'm also listing a 16x20 pet portrait as part of the rewards. Here is a sample painting. This one is of Harley and Jesse, our two dogs.
Thank You! I appreciate your interest in getting this project completed. I can't wait to walk into our local New Renaissance bookstore and see my book on the shelf!
Risks and challenges
I am familiar with publishing, having worked with Unity Books who published my first children's book of affirmations, "I Believe In Me." I have also illustrated books for Random House and New World Library, drawing animals of all kinds using pen and ink.
If this campaign is successful, I plan on sending my .pdf file to the printer I have chosen. They said it will be 4-6 weeks to do the print run. They will then ship all the books to me and I will begin the fulfillment process of sending the books out to my backers.
This printer has been in business for several years and was recommended to me by a local publisher who has used their services in the past. They are very capable and I have enjoyed getting to know them.
I don't foresee any problems, but I suppose there could be delays with the printing or shipping the books out. I've been very careful to create a book I can be proud of, and I plan to work through any problems that arise.
I will be producing the note cards myself on my Epson printer. So far I've created about 2,000 cards so I know I can complete this part of the reward. The bookmark will be easy to create. The mouse pad will be ordered from cafepress.com where I have an online shop.
I've completed over 400 portraits and have been painting pet portraits for over eight years. I have happy customers from all over the U.S., and I'm gaining new clients all the time by word-of-mouth and Internet searches. My portraits are popular auction items to raise money for local rescue groups and shelters. So I don't foresee any problem with fulfilling this part of the reward program.
Thank you for your confidence in my project!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (34 days)