� UNLOCKED: The "Lost Sink Script" added to every pledge level at 500 backers!
� NEXT STRETCH GOAL: Mr. Dig Sticker by Andrew Pawley added to all $35+ Pledge Backers at $30K!
If killer clowns prowl the streets in a blue van, a shovel-wielding vigilante in a fox mask serves brutal justice after dark, and the last bus home is always full of corpses, well, pal...
SINK ALSO HAPPENS TO BE ONE OF THE MOST CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED CRIME HORROR COMIC SERIES OF THE PAST DECADE!
"As a horror lover, SINK has quickly moved its way to the top of my pull list..." - Kris Kolish (Geekery Magazine)
"SINK is uncomfortable and edgy in a way comics haven't seen in years..." - Dustin Cabeal (Comic Bastards)
"Still enjoying SINK after multiple readings... near perfect." - Mike Clarke (Pop Culture Podium)
"Intriguing, well-illustrated and ultimately thought-provoking..." - Craig Nielson Adams (Big Comic Page)
"Sink never disappoints. It pulls no punches and always delivers a solid horror read..." - James Ferguson (HorrorTalk)
SINK Volume 1: Welcome to Glasgow Collects the thrilling first volume of the sold-out indie smash hit that started here on Kickstarter!
Here's What's Included:
- SINK Vol. 1: Welcome to Glasgow is a 160-page perfect bound collection in standard American comic size, on high-quality gloss paper.
- SINK Vol.1 is available in three amazing options -- A super affordable direct market softcover edition, a ComixTribe-Exclusive "Virgin" variant softcover trade, and a premium hardcover by Charles Paul Wilson, III (The Stuff of Legend) & an art plate signed by writer John Lees & Artist Alex Cormack, limited to only 500 copies...
- ...Or get all three volumes and a whole lot more in a super limited SINK: Welcome to Glasgow Collector's Box!
- This volume is loaded with pin-ups and cover galleries, as well as bonus SINK Tales, and much more.
- Kickstarter backers can also score the SINK soundtrack to accompany their reading of the volume, including 20+ original tracks by James Fairlie, plus creator commentary for the entire volume!
Who will LOVE Sink?
- Fans of horror comics like Harrow County or Nailbiter.
- Fans of crime comics like Sin City or Fell.
- People from Scotland, who'll recognize the distinctive Glasgow locales.
- People NOT from Scotland, who will enjoy a universally relatable, yet deliciously twisted tales with the added flavor of an unfamiliar setting.
- Fans of ComixTribe's OXYMORON: THE LOVELIEST NIGHTMARE, as this reunites the writer/artist team of John Lees and Alex Cormack.
- Fans of ComixTribe's AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE, with writer John Lees returning for another slice of Caledonian Gothic.
Who will HATE SINK?
- People who can't stand smart horror.
- People with a heart-condition and have been instructed by their medical professionals to avoid suspense at all cost.
- People who are terrified of clowns!
Who Exactly is Behind This Depravity?
JOHN LEES (Writer)
John Lees is an award-winning comic book writer from Glasgow, Scotland. He is best known for his work on acclaimed horror series AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE, with artist Iain Laurie, and, of course, SINK. John's other credits include superhero drama THE STANDARD, serial killer thriller OXYMORON: THE LOVELIEST NIGHTMARE, psychedelic nightmare quest QUILTE, and a story for TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES UNIVERSE.
ALEX CORMACK (artist, colorist)
The highly productive Alex Cormack has numerous credits under his belt. As well as working on OXYMORON: THE LOVELIEST NIGHTMARE with John Lees, he has also worked on FIND for ComixTribe, FUTURE PROOF and I PLAY THE BAD GUY for Bliss on Tap, TWO REDHEADS AND A DEAD BLONDE, and numerous other projects. His highest profile credits thus far was likely HARDCORE AKAN, tie-in prequel to cult action film HARDCORE HENRY, and a little comic called SINK.
SHAWN LEE (letterer)
Shawn Lee is a prolific designer and letterer, known primarily for his array of work for IDW Publishing. He first worked with John Lees on TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES UNIVERSE #6, where he did such a good job that he was the only person John could imagine replacing the mighty Colin Bell on letters from issue #2 onwards.
COLIN BELL (letterer, SINK #1)
Colin Bell has an impressive array of lettering credits for various publishers under his belt, including Image, BOOM, and the majority of comics on the UK indie scene. He is also a celebrated writer in his own right, penning the popular British all-ages comic DUNGEON FUN and working on regular back-up strips for Titan's DOCTOR WHO comic with his regular collaborator, Neil Slorance.
TIM DANIEL (logo)
Our lovely logo was designed by Tim Daniel, a master comics designer responsible for some of the best logos on your comic book shelf. He is also a gifted writer, with credits including ENORMOUS, CURSE, BURNING FIELDS, THE ATOLL, FISSURE and SPIRITUS.
And What's This Kickstarter For Exactly?
A little over a year ago, SINK was launched on Kickstarter... and wow has a lot happened since.
Our "SINK World Tour" took us to conventions all around Scotland, to Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle, to Thought Bubble in Leeds, and culminated with a massively successful New York Comic Con to wrap up the 2017 convention year.
But when the series launched in the direct market in September, it exploded in a way we never could have anticipated.
Issue #1 sold out in shops everywhere almost instantly, and the only reason we were able to keep up with the demand of readers seeking the book out was because of an oversized print run funded by that first Kickstarter. So, we have you to thank for being able to expand SINK and get it out to new fans worldwide!
Now, we're back on Kickstarter to celebrate with the fans who got the van rolling in the first place with some limited edition collectibles you'll only find from ComixTribe.
The success of this campaign will help us keep SINK in print, get it into even more hands, and most importantly, keep the van rolling for a new volume of SINK tales in Volume 2.
Is this your first time hearing about SINK?
Check out the reactions of these real comics fans after reading SINK #1 for the first time...
But hey, what do they know? Don't take their word for it, decide if SINK is right for you!
Get the Entire First Issue of SINK for FREE on us right now, before you back!
We think you'll find SINK #1 to be one of the most spine-tingling comics you've ever read, and trust us... SINK only gets better from there!
More Than Just A Comic, Get the SINK Soundtrack!
One of the features of this campaign that makes it truly stand out is that it's a complete audio visual experience. In addition to the comic, we're thrilled to offer a complete 20+ Track Soundtrack of original music to accompany your reading of SINK Volume 1 composed by musician Jamie Fairlie.
THE AWESOME REWARDS...
Want to Add-On to Your Pledge?
Our "We Won't Be Dickheads" Money-Back Guarantee
In the world of SINK, the Dickheads are a vile street gang making up the lowest rung of the Sinkhill underworld. Meet a Dickhead on the street and you're lucky if all they do is rob you blind.
We promise not to be Dickheads and strive to over-deliver for all of our Kickstarter backers.
If for some reason we fail to meet your expectations in this campaign, we'll make it right. Otherwise, you can return your reward for a full refund.
We've Upgraded our Fulfillment Process for Collectors!
You know what we hate? Backing awesome Kickstarter campaigns, only to have the books arrive damaged. (Not cool!)
It's for that reason that we've upgraded our fulfillment process with collectors in mind!
We now use Gemini Comic Mailers to protect and secure your books during transit, and we've hired a fulfillment pro who is a former comics retailer and lifelong collector to help ensure your books will arrive in great condition!
Let's Not Beat Around the Bush... THIS IS A TWO WEEK ONLY CAMPAIGN ONLY FOR FAST FULFILLMENT!
Most Kickstarter campaigns drag out for 30 days or more... but our Blue Van is built for speed!
The Book is 100% Complete... We Just Need to Print It and Deliver It to YOU!
You can back with confidence, as SINK Vol. 1: Welcome to Glasgow is 100% complete, and the team is already working on Volume 2.
Trust that your rewards will be delivered in a timely manner!
The Project Timeline
- The Kickstarter Campaign: 2 Weeks (Apr 10 - Apr 24)
- Book Goes to Printer: Week of Apr 30
- Kickstarter Funds Released: 2 Weeks (May 9)
- Digital Rewards Released: Early May
- Book Printing and Freight to US Warehouse - 8-10 Weeks (May - July 15)
- Extra buffer time of unexpected delays - 2 Weeks (May 15- Jun 1)
- Fulfillment Center Picking, Packing and Shipping (Week of Aug 1)
- Expected delivery to US & UK Backers - (Early Aug)
- Expected delivery for International Backers - (Mid Aug)
Thanks so much for taking the time to learn about SINK!
It would mean the world to me if you became a SINK Kickstarter Backer and helped us continue to bring the world of SINK into homes, comic shops, bar rooms and back alleys around the globe.
If you'd like to help, please select one of the awesome pledge rewards and click the green BACK THIS PROJECT Button at the top of the pageto get in the van with the rest of us clowns.
It only gets crazier from here on out, I promise.
Your Pals, John Lees & Alex Cormack
Risks and challenges
The support of backers on Kickstarter has been instrumental to the success of ComixTribe and SINK, so we take the trust of our backers very seriously.
We've taken a number of actions to mitigate risk associated with this campaign, including completing the creation of the book prior to launching and establishing a strong relationship with a quality printer who has done great work for us in the past and prints for the biggest publishers in comics.
Every Kickstarter campaign comes with risks, unforeseen hiccups, and lessons learned.
To ensure that our pledge rewards arrive in great shape, we've partnered with a fulfillment specialist who knows comics and graphic novels (he's a former retailer and a serious collector) to make sure your pledges arrive in great condition.
ComixTribe and the SINK team have a long track record of delivering the goods, and the fact that we enjoy so much support from returning backers is testament to that.
So we invite you to back with confidence, as we want to be entertaining you for years to come.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (14 days)