Planned Parenthood, and the millions of people they help each year, need every bit of help they can get. Please join us in making Mine! a comics collection where the proceeds go to Planned Parenthood. From stories about everyday people to fantastic adventures, Mine! celebrates and defends Planned Parenthood in a book that can live on in our homes, libraries and the halls of Congress.
Mine! features stories about trailblazing women like Margaret Sanger and Emma Goldman, civil rights leaders like Gloria Richardson, a person's first time going to a Planned Parenthood, debunking myths about sex, STI screenings, HIV/AIDS treatment and prevention, as well as fantastical stories with superheroes, Greek mythology, and a future both with and without Planned Parenthood. There is something for everyone in Mine!
We've acquired top talent from the comics world and beyond including over a dozen Eisner Award winners and dozens more Eisner nominees to help give us all the compelling and thought provoking stories you'll find in Mine! Jill Thompson is providing the cover and John Workman provided the logo.
Here are just some of the creators you'll find in Mine!
- Neil Gaiman & Mark Wheatley
- Jill Thompson
- John Workman
- Gerard Way & Becky Cloonan
- Corinna Bechko & Gabriel Hardman
- Gabby Rivera & Brittney Williams
- Gail Simone & Leonie O'Moore
- G.D. Falksen & Marc Hempel
- Andrew Aydin & Jamaica Dyer
- John Ostrander & Mary Mitchell
- Mike Gold & Mike Grell
- Devin Grayson & Eugenia Koumaki
- Barbara Kesel & Tony Fleecs
- Trina Robbins & Richard Case
- Yuri Lowenthal & Mark Sexton
- Michael Moreci & Danny Luckert
- Frank Conniff & Marguerite Dabaie
- Josh Trujillo & Maia Kobabe
- Mark Waid & John Broglia
- Paul Levitz & Joe Staton
- Pat Shand & Liana Kangas
- Glenn Greenberg & Nick Guarracino
- Amber Benson, Sarah Kuhn & Sina Grace
- Rachel Pollack & Fyodor Pavlov
- Stuart Moore & June Brigman
- Tee Franklin & Fabian Lelay
- Yona Harvey & Alitha E. Martinez
- Matt Miner & Eryk Donovan
- Mara Wilson & Rebekah Isaacs
- Mags Visaggio & Bryan Talbot
- Louise Simonson & Tommy Lee Edwards
- Ann Nocenti & Natacha Bustos
- Mindy Newell & Andrea Shockling
- Martha Thomases & Bob Camp
- Jody Houser & Sean Von Gorman
- Aria Baci & Marian Churchland
- Keith DeCandido & Tom Daly
- Richard Bruning & Mike Norton
- Leah Garrett, Barbara Haspiel, & Dean Haspiel
- October Crifasi, James Romberger, & Marguerite Van Cook
- Casey Gilly & Jen Hickman
- Vito Delsante & Cara McGee
- Dave Kelly & Lara Antal
- Jamal Igle & Catrina Brighton
- Amy Shand & Emily Pearson
- Josh Olson & Jon Cairns
- Brian Azzarello & Cliff Chiang
- Caitlin R Kiernan & Liana Buszka
- Lilah Sturges & Sfe Monster
- Rachel Rear & Phil Foglio
- Michael Davis
- Jude Vigants
- Lawrence Gullo
- Joe Illidge & Will Rosado
- Marc Alan Fishman
- Eric Shanower
- Robert Greenberger
- Sarah Winifred Searle
- Blue Delliquanti
- Jen Vaughn
- Jason Yungbluth
- Megan Rose Gedris
- Anne Toole & Lea Hernandez
- Marc Andreyko & Tana Ford
- Eric Palicki & Devaki Neogi
- Kelsey Hercs & Jessi Jordan
- Adam McGovern & Diana Leto
- Vita Ayala & Phillip Sevy
- Kyra Sims & Rob Jones
- Hannibal Tabu & Quinn McGowan
- Lauren Sisselman & Lar DeSouza
- Denny O'Neil
- Steve Roggenbuck & Matthew Kaplowitz
- Niki Smith
- Kyle Baker
- Sonya Saturday
- Justin Hall
- Micha Cruz
- Cecil Castellucci & Scott Chantler
- Beth Rimmels & Paulina Vassileva
- Shannon Wheeler
- Anna Bayla
- Robert Triptow
- Howard Cruse
- Alexa Cassaro
- Stevie WIlson
- Kelly Fernandez
- Soo Lee
- Kristina Stipetic
- Madeline Zuluaga
Help us to create this book of empowerment that's raw, heart-felt and visually stunning.
Are you ready to get involved and get Mine! made? Then read on for the most popular REWARDS. New to Kickstarter? Take a look at the full list of options on the right and scroll down to see the many rewards and exclusive, limited items included at each pledge level.
- At $60,000, we will make a hardcover edition available!
- At $75,000, we will make a Spanish language edition available! This will take time, as we don't know how long it will take someone to translate Mine!
More stretch goals will be added after we pass $75k!
Please add the amount to your current pledge and you can add as many as you like in any combination you wish! We will confirm all add-ons you are including as part of your pledge in the backer survey.
- Add-on $5 for each Mine! Stands Up Condom Matchbook (includes shipping cost. Domestic shipping only.)
- Add-on $30 for each Mine! paperback copy (includes shipping cost)
- Add-on $35 for each t-shirt (includes shipping cost)
Our goal is to make a high quality graphic novel anthology you will enjoy today and for years to come. The majority of funds go directly toward creating Mine! and shipping them out. In accordance with Kickstarter's guidelines, pledges cannot directly go to Planned Parenthood, but proceeds from the book sales can and will be.
So where is your money going? As with any project, there are fixed costs (costs that are not going to change whether you make one unit or a million units) and variable costs (the costs involved in producing each individual unit going forward).
Fixed costs include things like legal fees, advertising, printing production costs, and creation of the contents of the book— writing, artwork, lettering, coloring, and so on.
$27,000 - Creation costs for 180 pages of amazing content.
$ 3,000 - Legal and Administrative costs
"But wait! Aren’t the creators donating their work?" Yes, many of them are indeed donating their work, but not everybody is doing so. That’s not a slam against them, comics is a business and they’re working— indeed, we know they’re taking a pay cut to work on this book rather than a better paying project. The only drawback is that we don’t know yet how many creators are donating their fees back to the project, so we’re using the maximum we’re paying per page, so we know that even if everyone takes their full fees, we’re still going to raise enough money to complete the project. Variable costs for this book include Kickstarter’s fees, credit card and PayPal fees, and the costs to print or produce each and every reward.
5% - Kickstarter fees
3% - Credit card/Paypal fees
25% - Printing & producing rewards
2% - Packing and handling
Money raised that’s above and beyond those variable costs will pay to cover fixed costs, and what remains will be used for marketing, distribution, and lowering wholesale prices to make Mine! available to more people.
Kickstarter offers us a tremendous platform and a wide audience to make this all possible. The proceeds from sales of this anthology post-campaign will support Planned Parenthood. By offering creators a page rate they can donate, we will be able to boost our support for PP in addition to sales from the book to make Mine! a success for PP and all of us for years to come!
Over 40 stories is a great start but we don't want to stop there. Help us reach past our goal and we'll push Mine! further, giving you more stories, a Spanish language version, a hardcover edition, and shipping more copies to libraries and politicians for your pledge.
ComicMix stands with Planned Parenthood and all the work they do, and is creating Mine! as a benefit book that will inform and also raise money for Planned Parenthood. ComicMix has obtained a trademark agreement with Planned Parenthood and has coordinated with them on some of the stories you will find in this book.
It is important to acknowledge all the incredible services that Planned Parenthood provides and how those who do not personally support reproductive rights should want to fight to protect. However, ComicMix and Mine! support reproductive rights.
Take a look at this brief explanation..
Thank you from all of us at ComicMix: Mike Gold, Glenn Hauman , Martha Thomases , Adriane Nash, Evelyn Kriete, Molly Jackson , Joe Corallo and the rest of the team. We're extremely grateful for your support. Thank you for helping to make this project a reality.
Risks and challenges
The risks and challenges involved in a project of this magnitude are many -- mostly anticipated from printing, production and shipping delays. But nothing will stop the sound vision and verve that fills the interior pages from cover to cover. Over 100 contributors from the comic-book industry and beyond join forces to contribute.
The curators of this unprecedented anthology have a combined total of over 75 years experience producing comic-books for Marvel and DC Comics, among other comic-book publishers, with over 1000 titles to their credit.
It's entirely possible that some of the contributors to the project may find themselves unable to meet the deadline for getting the book out the door in time for Christmas sales. We will disclose any changes to the creator lineup as we become aware of them.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)