There have been some requests to ADD A NEW COVER COLOR OPTION!
We will do this...if you help us! : )
If we can get our latest Artist to Artist Facebook post to 200 shares, we will let you choose from the following two cover colors:
- Light gray (the color shown in our Kickstarter video and images)
- Charcoal gray (similar to the color below)
Both will have a stone look to them. Both will still have a silver foil-pressed image of the Salt Lake City temple on them.
To share our post, click on the link below! Be sure to include a message to your Facebook friends about why you love this project and encourage them to also share the post!
We have 3 days to get this shared 200 times and boost our project!
Temples of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are full of intricate and beautiful designs. From the exterior to the interior, each temple is meticulously planned and crafted with spiritual symbols in every design. Temple architecture and artwork are all meaningful and unique to the areas in which they are built. Each of the materials used to construct these sacred buildings are top quality and have specific purpose.
Artist to Artist’s goal has been to create a coloring book as a way for adults and young-adults to appreciate the beauty and study the symbols found in the architecture and artwork of the temples—a book that is purposeful, clean, quality, intricate, light, simple, and mature. A book that will help you focus and learn as you listen to gospel instruction. A book that will allow you to let go of your worries, relax, and ponder as you enhance the beautiful images found in some of the most sacred places. A book that you won’t be embarrassed to take to Sunday School.
Our book has been specifically designed to reflect the simplicity, calmness, detail, and beauty of all LDS temples. Just as the temple is of the utmost quality among buildings, we designed this book to be of higher quality than any other adult coloring book out there. With its elegant and simple design, this book will not look out of place sitting beside your scriptures.
- Each of the 30 precisely hand-drawn coloring pages were inspired from patterns and designs unique to each temple location, including rugs, stained glass windows, plants, doors, tiled floors, architecture, and many more.
- As a bonus, 20 double-sided journal pages are included to assist you in your spiritual studies, whether that be taking notes in church or General Conference, after temple visits, for Personal Progress, scripture study, or even jotting down personal impressions.
- The foil-pressed hard cover makes the book elegant and durable.
- Printing in gray ink reflects the book’s ongoing theme of peace and light and allows you to color or trace—or both.
- The book lays flat thanks to the spiral binding and keeps you focused on the beauty of the book rather than the struggle of keeping the pages open.
- Perforated pages
- Thick (80#) paper to prevent bleeding colors
- 7.75” x 9.5” in size for easy carrying and coloring
- Created and printed in Utah, U.S.A.
- Extra info about each temple page design will be available on our website (artisttoartist.me)
We have completed 18 full coloring pages. The temples we’ve included so far are:
- Gilbert Arizona
- Hong Kong China
- Provo City Center
- Ogden Utah
- Nauvoo Illinois
- Salt Lake City Utah
- Bern Switzerland
- Suva Fiji
- Star Valley Wyoming
- Indianapolis Indiana
- Tegucigalpa Honduras
- Redlands California
- Boise Idaho
- Albuquerque New Mexico
- São Paulo Brazil
- Washington D.C.
- Calgary Alberta Canada
- Kirtland Ohio
This book is great for:
- a thoughtful gift for Christmas or a birthday
- a celebratory gift for a baptism, entering Young Women's or Young Men's, receiving the priesthood, a mission call, receiving an endowment, or getting married
- an achievement gift for earning Young Womanhood Recognition or Duty to God award, seminary graduation, or returning home from a mission
- young adult groups
- anyone who appreciates the beauty of LDS temples and who wants to learn more about their designs and symbols
Do you want to see this happen? We need Kickstarter backers to fund this project so we can order the first print run. Pre-order your book by selecting one of the reward levels on this page.
The reward levels offer options for ordering one book or enough books to share! And we’re offering free shipping within the U.S.!
We are beyond excited about this project! With such a niche-market, I believe our greatest challenge will be spreading the word. If you like this project, or know somebody who would, please share it!
Click on the links below to share our project with your friends!
Risks and challenges
We have spent countless hours planning and creating a product that will inspire and excite LDS temple-lovers everywhere. We have completed the majority of the work for this book so that as soon as we’re funded, all we’ll need to do is print and ship!
The overall design of the book is complete. We have 12 coloring pages left to finish. We have 30 days until our final printing preparations begin, and each coloring page takes about 12 hours from start to finish. That means I will have every page complete and ready for print at the halfway point of the campaign.
We have complete faith in our printer; we have selected a passionate and willing professional printer to help us bring this book to life. The details of the printing process and our timeline have been shared with the printer and they have confirmed that their process will allow us to ship the books in time for a pre-Christmas arrival.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)