About this project
Thank you to everyone that backed us, shared and spoke highly of our endeavor. Because of you, a brand new comic, with a new, unique universe to explore and new characters to love and hate will be born later this year. We aren't taking this incredible opportunity for granted, and we're going to do our absolute best to make sure that everything you get from us is gob-smackingly fantastic.
UNLOCKED! EVERYONE $15 and ABOVE GETS ONE! 1 Sestertius Brass Coin: We'll add a single 1.5 inch antique brass coin for every backer that pledged $15 and above. The 1 Sestertius coin is an official currency of the City of Seven Faces, and features the Seal of Kebbah on the front and an image of the Seventh Alcazar on the back.
- More Stretch Goals? - We don't have plans to add any new stretch goals to the project. Why not? From the beginning we knew what we wanted the project to be, and it has a set scope. We're weary of adding more stretch goals that we might not be able to reach. Any additional money earned between now and the end of the campaign will go toward making sure we can get the best quality materials and finishes on the awesome rewards we've got lined up!
- We've added a spankin' new $65 tier that includes a signed sketch of Denarii, drawn by Shof (see the "Rewards" section below for a sneak). Everyone who orders this tier and the tiers above automatically gets one!
- NEW REWARD! 5.5 Inch Denarii Polished Plastic: Printed using polished plastic and based on the same design as the 7 inch sculpt. Also available as an add-on for $120 (+$35 Intl. shipping)
A thousand years into the future, earth is a very different place. Catastrophic quakes and natural disasters have devastated the planet, wreaking havoc on our civilization and swallowing whole cities as nature reclaimed hers.
Our planet, now a harbor for outlaws, ash-runners, gangsters and vagrants, is no longer the crown jewel of the Sol System, that honor belongs to Jupiter, a hub of interstellar trade, commerce and the seat of politics. The titular Outcasts of Jupiter are just that, a group of four vagabonds deemed persona non grata on most civilized worlds, bound by a common purpose - the promise of roaming the fringes of an untamed and wild galaxy, identifying unique and unusual jobs that spark their collective interests and challenge their unique abilities.
We meet Stein, Sulesh and Denarii in the middle of attempting a jailbreak. The reasons for Persio's abduction become clearer over the course of the comic's run, but it's up to the rest of the team to get him out of the Burj, a mysterious tower located in the courtyard of a heavily fortified clifftop palace.
The first issue focuses almost entirely on the daring rescue attempt, and gives readers an idea of the tense and fragile political landscape of the City of Seven Faces, a web of deception and intrigue in which the Outcasts find themselves entangled over the course of the rescue.
The story focuses on an incredibly gifted team of misfits, the titular Outcasts, attempting to pull off an impossible heist from a clifftop stronghold.
Dimensions: 6.625 x 10.25 - that’s standard comic book size, it’ll fit on your bookshelf!
Quality Printing: We love a handsome lookin’ book as much as you do, and we hate it when beautiful art is crudely printed on wafer-thin paper. Outcasts of Jupiter will be printed on high quality paper using a professional offset printer and not a digital printer. We want to make sure the book makes a great first impression, feels good and lasts. (Outcasts of Jupiter is a full color, soft-cover book).
Funlola: Funlola's a freelance metal smith and sculptor in the Memphis area. She creates incredible food and gnome inspired jewelry, and is working on the pins and Sulesh bust we're offering as backer rewards. Have a look at more of her work here.
Shobo: Shobo's writing the Outcasts of Jupiter comic book. He works as a marketing consultant and lives in Taguig, in the Philippines, he's also a writer and freelance illustrator. You can see more of his work here.
- To pay for the creative costs associated with writing, drawing, coloring, and lettering the comic.
- To pay for the production, high quality printing and shipping of this first run of at least 1,000 comics. Printing a comic using the offset printing method (which provides richer, more vibrant colors than digital printing) isn't cheap. Additionally, we intend to print on high quality paper, which is heavier, better quality and looks really nice. We'll also be paying for shipping from the printer to the fulfillment center, and then from there to you.
- To pay for the creative costs, production costs and shipping of the reward items.
- To offset the cost of Kickstarter and Amazon Payment fees, which run between 8-10%
What are add-ons, how do they work? Easy! Select a pledge tier and a pop-up will appear asking you to confirm your pledge selection and edit your pledge amount upward if necessary.
Update the pledge amount so that includes the price of the original pledge tier + the price of whichever add-on's you'd like (including associated international shipping if required).
Once that's done and your order is complete, send us a message via Kickstarter letting us know which add-on(s) you selected and they'll be added to your package. Simples.
Coker CoOp Website: www.cokercoop.com
Coker CoOp on Facebook: facebook.com/cokercoop
Coker CoOp on Twitter: twitter.com/cokercoop
Coker CoOp on Google +: google.com/+cokercooppage
Kickstarter Video Music: "Day Bird" by Broke For Free (http://brokeforfree.com)
Risks and challenges
The comic and all rewards detailed above will be produced as promised, and to a high standard. We believe we have a solid plan in place for high quality manufacture and reliable shipping.
That said, we've never done anything like this before, there are definitely challenges that lie ahead with regard to the logistics of shipping and packaging.
If there are any delays due to unforeseen circumstances, we aim to be as open as possible and communicate constantly.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (40 days)